DEFCON Icon

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
Chittix
level2
level2
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:49 pm
Location: The Big Red Button Factory
Contact:

Postby Chittix » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:17 pm

Montyphy wrote:Image Image

Yes, Eurocentric :P


Awesome design...

Wait a minute, is that supposed to be Earth? Where's the USA? This can't be Earth.
Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
alphager
level3
level3
Posts: 400
Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby alphager » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:19 pm

Chittix wrote:
Montyphy wrote:Image Image

Yes, Eurocentric :P


Awesome design...

Wait a minute, is that supposed to be Earth? Where's the USA? This can't be Earth.

top left
maed
level1
level1
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:38 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Contact:

Postby maed » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 pm

Chittix wrote:
Montyphy wrote:Image Image

Yes, Eurocentric :P


Awesome design...

Wait a minute, is that supposed to be Earth? Where's the USA? This can't be Earth.


I like that one, fits the style of the game nicely.

There is a USA? I thought that was something they made up so Baywatch had a nicer background.
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:32 pm

This post has been [DELEDITED]
Last edited by xyzyxx on Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:32 pm

alphager wrote:top left

That's not the US. That's New Foundland. It is part of Canada.

xander
User avatar
Leonaken
level3
level3
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:36 am
Location: Palo Alto, CA, USA

Postby Leonaken » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:19 pm

The icon made by xyxxz is the current beta icon being used, by the way.

Glad this thread has had significant influence for the devs. :)
RnSK
level1
level1
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:57 am

How about one of you talented people...

Postby RnSK » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:05 am

..."work over" the attached submission so its "like this, but you know, good" as I like to say.

The button ideas all resonated with me...but it was the *type* of button that was off :)

Pop a radiation symbol on that button, maybe?

Image
User avatar
trickfred
level5
level5
Posts: 1691
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:01 am
Location: The Great White North, Eh?
Contact:

Postby trickfred » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:53 am

xander wrote:
alphager wrote:top left

That's not the US. That's New Foundland. It is part of Canada.

xander


Traditionally written 'Newfoundland', as if it were one word, and not 2 or 3.

Referred to by Canucks as "Newfieland', or 'Down By Da Bay'. :D
User avatar
Michaeru
level1
level1
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:28 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: How about one of you talented people...

Postby Michaeru » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:27 pm

RnSK wrote:Image


Veeeery nice.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:59 pm

trickfred wrote:
xander wrote:
alphager wrote:top left

That's not the US. That's New Foundland. It is part of Canada.

xander


Traditionally written 'Newfoundland', as if it were one word, and not 2 or 3.

Referred to by Canucks as "Newfieland', or 'Down By Da Bay'. :D

Okay: That's not the US. That's Down By Da Bay. It is part of Canada, eh.

xander
User avatar
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 6256
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 10:55 am
Location: ::1
Contact:

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:03 pm

xander wrote:
trickfred wrote:
xander wrote:
alphager wrote:top left

That's not the US. That's New Foundland. It is part of Canada.

xander


Traditionally written 'Newfoundland', as if it were one word, and not 2 or 3.

Referred to by Canucks as "Newfieland', or 'Down By Da Bay'. :D

Okay: That's not the US. That's Down By Da Bay. It is part of Canada, eh.

xander


Sounds aboot right!

NeoThermic
the white raven
level1
level1
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:58 pm
Location: not quite sure

Postby the white raven » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:53 pm

i have an idea but how do you put in in the forum
User avatar
SuVir
level2
level2
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:15 pm
Location: En-ger-land

Postby SuVir » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:55 pm

the white raven wrote:i have an idea but how do you put in in the forum


host it on

http://imageshack.us/
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:27 pm

1) Create your image (duh)
2) Find some place to host it on the internet.
3) Post it here using [img]tags,%20like%20this%20--%20[img]http://your.image/location/goes/here.jpg[/img]

xander
User avatar
Serathii
level2
level2
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 11:24 pm
Contact:

Postby Serathii » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:54 pm

xyzyxx wrote:In that case, the task is claimed by me. I'll get started.

EDIT: Can someone take this and make it smaller, like the rest of them are? And remove the white background?


Link not working.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests