25%
Yes!
75%

Total votes: 8
Colytic
Site Admin

J'ai une solution grande

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:01 am

I have solved the Humble Bundle problem.

All come and play Multiwinia with me (I'm on holiday for a coupe of weeks at the moment, but you'll have enough time to practice among yourselves before the reckoning comes).

Colytic
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:31 pm

I used the Humble Bundle stream myself to find a Multiwinia game.

Let me moan first. In contrast to Defcon you can't spectate games and you can't browse the server list while waiting in a lobby.
To me it feels like a terrible itching at a unreachable spot or like the try to stop smoking. HORRIBLE

I am noobish and can barley beat the AI, but I wanna play a few games.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:24 pm

trickser wrote:I used the Humble Bundle stream myself to find a Multiwinia game.

Let me moan first. In contrast to Defcon you can't spectate games and you can't browse the server list while waiting in a lobby.
To me it feels like a terrible itching at a unreachable spot or like the try to stop smoking. HORRIBLE

You CAN beat the AI? OMG :)
I can't well ... in a game with me and Coly, we got thrashed by futurewinians.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Ha, I can't beat it.
But I MUSTED use the word "barely". And I can't barley find a sense in using it with a negation.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:00 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
trickser wrote:I used the Humble Bundle stream myself to find a Multiwinia game.

You CAN beat the AI? OMG :)
I can't well ... in a game with me and Coly, we got thrashed by futurewinians.

:D With crates dropping every ~30 seconds the fall under the weight of the Futurewinians and Evilinians was inevitable.

Hope you'll play then Senator!

Colytic
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Division » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:39 pm

I can play anytime!, except wednesday.
Noryb
level2
level2

Postby Noryb » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:52 am

Agreed. I tried it out for the first time a couple of days ago and the lobby setup completely put me off. Maybe it's a legacy of years of smashing defcon noobs, but I want to be able to spec a game and get a feel for the strategies before I jump in and get slaughtered and/or waste someone's time. The best training a noob can get here is watching a high-level game while someone walks them through what they're seeing. Also the whole "spectator sport" aspect to defcon is a big reason for its persistent and (generally) enjoyable community. It's too bad.
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 am

Noryb wrote:

Agreed. I tried it out for the first time a couple of days ago and the lobby setup completely put me off. Maybe it's a legacy of years of smashing defcon noobs, but I want to be able to spec a game and get a feel for the strategies before I jump in and get slaughtered and/or waste someone's time. The best training a noob can get here is watching a high-level game while someone walks them through what they're seeing. Also the whole "spectator sport" aspect to defcon is a big reason for its persistent and (generally) enjoyable community. It's too bad.

Multiwinias randomness factor is so big. I doubt anyone can master it like defcon cuz when you just get 2 nuke strikes and a meteor shower in a row like i did in 1 game then there is absolutely nothing that other person can do.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:48 am

There is a large skill element in Multiwinia but as Deadcows said it is offset a lot by the random crate drops. Don't worry about not being able to spectate - the crates will give you a good chance at holding your own in a free-for-all. No one will feel you're being a burden and you can always play standard short games (fifteen minutes or so) or team up against the AI.

Colytic

Return to “General”