To forgive or not to forgive?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Should we forgive Laika for his cheating or not?

Yes
48%
No
52%

Total votes: 33
Deadcows
level2
level2

To forgive or not to forgive?

Postby Deadcows » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:49 pm

I think we should forgive him cuz everyone deserves a second chance. Temporary ban is quite enough.
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Re: To forgive or not to forgive?

Postby Ghost Division » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:31 pm

Deadcows wrote:I think we should forgive him cuz everyone deserves a second chance. Temporary ban is quite enough.

Finally.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:07 am

I will vote yes if someone can teach me how to move ships once they are in land or how to stop subs in land without opening up.

muhahahahahahahahaahahahahaaah
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:39 am

The_Doctor wrote:I will vote yes if someone can teach me how to move ships once they are in land or how to stop subs in land without opening up.

muhahahahahahahahaahahahahaaah

Are you trying to troll?
Colytic
level4
level4

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:48 am

He has spat in the face of this community and its trust.

If you are so adamant about granting him a second chance - do it for all. I challenge this community to unban all currently banned players (other than obvious ones such as CE who have committed repeated infractions). Their offenses are typically extremely insignificant compared to Laika's, such as simply nuking an ally in a 2v2. Go ahead - grant them all a second chance. But even that still wouldn't even things out.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:49 am

Colytic wrote:He has spat in the face of this community and its trust.

If you are so adamant about granting him a second chance - do it for all. I challenge this community to unban all currently banned players (other than obvious ones such as CE who have committed repeated infractions). Their offenses are typically extremely insignificant compared to Laika's, such as simply nuking an ally in a 2v2. Go ahead - grant them all a second chance. But even that still wouldn't even things out.

I've got an idea: who cares? This is a game, and Laika didn't have to tell us anything. It's not like our lives are ruined because he cheated. Unless you have no life of course then maybe it is. That said, you all are getting all hot and bothered with this drama like you just found out your sister is screwing your best friend. Relax kids. Life goes on.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:31 am

are you always an asshole endless? :D
-SH
Dirk Diggler
level1
level1

Postby Dirk Diggler » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:27 am

as always coly makes a very good point. On Laika... would anyone want to play him again? how could you trust him?
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:22 am

Colytic wrote:He has spat in the face of this community and its trust.

I really dont want to be devil lawyer here, but can you prove he cheated more than on this occasion. Cheater should be treated like all other cheaters. Eventually they are all forgiven.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 am

corruptio optimi pessima
atomic oracle
level2
level2

!

Postby atomic oracle » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 am

My sister is 67 yrs old.
Colytic
level4
level4

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Deadcows wrote:I really dont want to be devil lawyer here, but can you prove he cheated more than on this occasion.

True, it seems to have been suddenly accepted Laika has been cheating for a long time despite it being nigh-impossible to prove this. However, if this was a one-off I would question why he chose to do it in a game already stacked in his favour, and why he has deleted his DEFCON Steam friends and suggested using a new identity. It seems this may have been a long-time strategy.

Endless wrote:I've got an idea: who cares? This is a game, and Laika didn't have to tell us anything. It's not like our lives are ruined because he cheated. Unless you have no life of course then maybe it is. That said, you all are getting all hot and bothered with this drama like you just found out your sister is screwing your best friend. Relax kids. Life goes on.

Please stop playing the asshole. It is a game, but there is a close community that surrounds it, and one in which this kind of behaviour is quite damaging. And as Dirk said well in the other thread, it creates an atmosphere of paranoia and suspicion.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:21 pm

He stated on the public chat server he had been cheating since November 2012 Coly.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:23 pm

Colytic wrote:
Deadcows wrote:I really dont want to be devil lawyer here, but can you prove he cheated more than on this occasion.

True, it seems to have been suddenly accepted Laika has been cheating for a long time despite it being nigh-impossible to prove this. However, if this was a one-off I would question why he chose to do it in a game already stacked in his favour, and why he has deleted his DEFCON Steam friends and suggested using a new identity. It seems this may have been a long-time strategy.

Endless wrote:I've got an idea: who cares? This is a game, and Laika didn't have to tell us anything. It's not like our lives are ruined because he cheated. Unless you have no life of course then maybe it is. That said, you all are getting all hot and bothered with this drama like you just found out your sister is screwing your best friend. Relax kids. Life goes on.

Please stop playing the asshole. It is a game, but there is a close community that surrounds it, and one in which this kind of behaviour is quite damaging. And as Dirk said well in the other thread, it creates an atmosphere of paranoia and suspicion.

I don't know who you are, and I don't care. But seriously, you guys are ridiculous. It's not that big of a deal.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:29 pm

I've also seen players say they arnt going to play anymore because of the cheating.

Seriously? Grow up. I'm not playing anymore because of people like Sicilian hound and this colytic nut job pissing and moaning about every little thing. Stop being babies. Know your roles, and shut your mouths.

Return to “General”