blindnuking cheat

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

blindnuking cheat

Postby R3D » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:05 pm

after it s clear that laika cheat when he blindnuke it is time that you all agree with me that we shut ban blindnuking

I know you can do it without cheating but you cant see if somone cheat or not

I expect your full support
User avatar
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:04 am
Contact:

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:18 pm

My suggestion is disable spectators in all dedcon servers. Maybe make a script that will auto play a game replay straight after it finished.

I know blind nuking can be done using real techniques so I'm not sure if it should be banned. In my opinion it's more important to stop navy carpet bombs.
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:19 pm

Aaaa R3D don't capitalize on this scandal! But I very much see your point. Something needs to be done, perhaps cutting out specs in a competitive environment. But that is painful alright...
User avatar
The_Doctor
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 am

Blind nuki

Postby The_Doctor » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:22 pm

What many don't know is that i am red second screen.
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: Blind nuki

Postby Colytic » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:29 pm

The_Doctor wrote:What many don't know is that i am red second screen.


Enough of this second screen talk! It must not become a meme!
R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Postby R3D » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Colytic wrote:Aaaa R3D don't capitalize on this scandal! But I very much see your point. Something needs to be done, perhaps cutting out specs in a competitive environment. But that is painful alright...


capitalize? but this is why i dont like blindnuking
disable spec will kill the defcon community its way better to disable blindnuking
User avatar
Forever Young
level5
level5
Posts: 1439
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Black Forest Germany GMT+1

Postby Forever Young » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:15 pm

I really like to kill blind 1 or 2 silos without cheating but no specs is definetly not an option!
I will stop playing again. Now i have a new machine which allows me to play all other games. Maybe Mechs like 47!
:P
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
...
Dirk Diggler
level1
level1
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 am
Location: Mauritius

Postby Dirk Diggler » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:41 am

blind nuking without ghosting is not cheating, and nor should it be considered such. It's just good judgement.
User avatar
Dävid
level2
level2
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 am
Location: UK/Germany/Chile
Contact:

Blindnuking

Postby Dävid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:07 pm

I think blind nuking is becoming confused with cheating. They have nothing to do with each other.

Cheating is cheating. If someone is ghosting and giving you info then THAT is cheating and not what you do with it.

The fact is that because after playing 8 years or so I know where stuff is likely to be. A few WB lines to confirm and Im good to go. That is experience...not cheating.

I understand that it is sometimes difficult when you get the feeling youre opponent has some sort of divine knowledge. I hate playing Counter Stike sometime because you just sit there swearing that they have some sort of hack. But guys weve been playing together so long. After a while our reputations must count for something. A cheater will always cheat again.

I would find it dificult to reasonably ban blind nuking (now that I can do it! Of course if I could do it I would say ban it!), without banning other intuitive and experience related tactics:

1. Naval Nuking
2. Standard setup nuking
3. Carpet nuking

Personaly Id love to ban fighter spam...but that just because R3D can do it better.
Or tanking because DEADCOWS always beats me with it.
Or offloading because TOM always spend all his stuff in 1 min.

Im certainly ok with agreeing with R3D not to blind nuke him in a 1v1 out of personal respect. I do the same for other noobs who say they are against naval nuking.

Ban cheating.

Ban the cheat.
If its AE; its ME.
User avatar
Baton101
level4
level4
Posts: 694
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:53 am
Location: Middle earth

Postby Baton101 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Blindnuking is not a cheat. Im not using a ruler, and when i target probably only 30 percent of nukes hit...a it can bee seen on every recording...im using it only for strategic purposes because if i kill 2 enemy silos thats great since he cant then kill your silos and maybe you can preserve some strategic city and so on...
As for his fighterspam...fight fighterspam with fighterspam :)

as for blindnuking if u sense a player will blinduke you you counternuke him and problem solved, thats how i play with laika...jus counterlaunch :) was working well so far...
Deadcows
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Postby Deadcows » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Baton101 wrote:Blindnuking is not a cheat. Im not using a ruler, and when i target probably only 30 percent of nukes hit...a it can bee seen on every recording...im using it only for strategic purposes because if i kill 2 enemy silos thats great since he cant then kill your silos and maybe you can preserve some strategic city and so on...
As for his fighterspam...fight fighterspam with fighterspam :)

as for blindnuking if u sense a player will blinduke you you counternuke him and problem solved, thats how i play with laika...jus counterlaunch :) was working well so far...

Thing is it wasnt only blind nuking. He watched everything you did.
User avatar
Dävid
level2
level2
Posts: 185
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:05 am
Location: UK/Germany/Chile
Contact:

Cheating

Postby Dävid » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:28 pm

Yes DEADCOWS, exactly THAT is the problem.
Ban the cheating but not the blindnuking. If you cant be sure if someone isnt cheating then we have to rely on reputation and honour. Just like in other "sports".
Thats why the response when cheating/doping/fixing results, always have to be punitive as it affect the whole spirit and trust in the game.
If its AE; its ME.
User avatar
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5
Posts: 1768
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:04 am
Contact:

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Maybe Sfcon should have a registration so only whitelisted members are allowed to join as spectators.
Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Endless
level5
level5
Posts: 1343
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm
Contact:

Postby Endless » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:45 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Maybe Sfcon should have a registration so only white listed members are allowed to join as spectators.

White?
User avatar
Colytic
level4
level4
Posts: 826
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:47 pm

Endless wrote:
tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Maybe Sfcon should have a registration so only white listed members are allowed to join as spectators.

White?


A whitelist in this case would be a database of players (or in this case maybe key IDs) that are allowed to join as spectators. Anyone not on that list would be rejected/kickied.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest