Moderator: Defcon moderators

The_Doctor
level3
level3

Re: I am a cheater

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Deputy wrote:
Deputy wrote:
Zorotama wrote:I hope you will change idea. Defcon is a game not a simulation..and you can discover a funny way for your ludic time. Anyway defcon alone is not defcon.

I don't understand your comment "Defcon is a game not a simulation". It sure looks like a simulation of global nuclear warfare me. I consider "games" as being 1st person shooters or arcade stuff like Grand Theft Auto. I don't play "games". :wink:

Also what do you mean with "defcon alone is not defcon." Are you saying mods are mandatory? If that is what you are saying, I agree. [Edit:Mod created by unjustly banned user] does a LOT to improve the SIM. :D

Dep

Doc: It may or may not happen that I go the way you did. Right now, I am 100% content to experiment with various mods to see what they add to the sim. You know the one I like the best :wink: The "mod that shall remain unspoken" is really a blast. When thos MIRVs start splitting off you gotta make sure thery don't turn on you and bite you in the butt. Sometime it takes some really fast clicking to prevent that. I really don't use the Doomsday or EMP options. Everything ends too quickly.
One question...can I incorporate multiple mods in the game? I would like to get Australia into the battle but it will mean activating two mods.
I may watch some multi-play games just to see what's going on. :)

Yes you can incorporate maps with deterrence mod.
Make sure you slow down the game to your liking (by pressing the keyboard keys 1 through 4) to click those nasty mirv biteback missles.
Also, if you add more cities to territories, mirv will tend not to loop around to you as much.
Also try to aim in the center or a bit further but not at the sides with mirv. Leave the border cities for normal nukes.
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Dantesinferno wrote:
BTW...I am probably the oldest geezer playing this. I am 64

yes you win - i think ATOMIC ORACLE is nearly 60 and i'm only 51...

OMG! I can't remember back to age 51. You are still a kid! :D :D :D
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:00 pm

The_Doctor wrote:quote]

Make sure you slow down the game to your liking (by pressing the keyboard keys 1 through 4) to click those nasty mirv biteback missles.
Also, if you add more cities to territories, mirv will tend not to loop around to you as much.
Also try to aim in the center or a bit further but not at the sides with mirv. Leave the border cities for normal nukes.

Thanks Doc! That's great advice. I already figured out about aiming at a central area with the MIRVs and slowing things down as soon as the sim starts. I will see if I can combine the "un-nameable mod" with the Cold War mod that includes Australia.
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Deputy wrote:

Thanks Doc! That's great advice. I already figured out about aiming at a central area with the MIRVs and slowing things down as soon as the sim starts. I will see if I can combine the "un-nameable mod" with the Cold War mod that includes Australia.

You can activate deterrence and cold war at the same time (i think).
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:35 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
Deputy wrote:

You can activate deterrence and cold war at the same time (i think).

Excellent! I'll give it a try tonight. :)
The_Doctor
level3
level3

Postby The_Doctor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Deputy wrote:Excellent! I'll give it a try tonight. :)

Also more stuff - right click on a radar and go into burst mode to hugely increase the radar distance.
Second, put your game into big world mode and have 2x the nukes (like you had little nukes before).
Third, put your game into custon, go to advanced and change the worldscale to 50 for super fun with only 4 massive ships of each, 3 silos and 2 airbase :_)

Also here's a screenshot of me fucking up the cpu in ying yang. That nice green blob is radiation.

MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Dropping by to see what's up, and what have we here?

After being accused of cheating after beating and humiliating Laika last Christmas, I must say, this revelation puts this particular post ( http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8743 ) in a completely new light. Not only did we (me and Abu) claim the price on our own heads, we also did it beating a cheater. Who. Would. Have. Thought.

And, most of all, this completely validates my qualified criticism of the Defcon elitism: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8692

Now that the "elite" Space Dog has confessed to his crime, maybe there is time for a return of MAX the MASTER soon. Lots of nice people around now it seems, and less harassment, sexism, trolling etc.
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

They're back! I sent a message to Abu inquiring when the next tour of duty was planned but he never read it. Welcome home.

Colytic
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:45 pm

Well indeed! There will be a comeback sometime soon. I haven't conferred with Abu though, I'll talk to him. Maybe we can even get the servers back up, to relieve you all of the pains of endless, mundane diplomacy and 1v1 games. Should be fun!
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:54 pm

MAXtheMASTER wrote:Dropping by to see what's up, and what have we here?

After being accused of cheating after beating and humiliating Laika last Christmas, I must say, this revelation puts this particular post ( http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8743 ) in a completely new light. Not only did we (me and Abu) claim the price on our own heads, we also did it beating a cheater. Who. Would. Have. Thought.

And, most of all, this completely validates my qualified criticism of the Defcon elitism: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8692

Now that the "elite" Space Dog has confessed to his crime, maybe there is time for a return of MAX the MASTER soon. Lots of nice people around now it seems, and less harassment, sexism, trolling etc.

I read both of your links and found them rather...boring. Especially the oversensitivity to the term "gay". You are taking that term WAY too literally when it's used on a forum of this type. When someone says "that's gay" or "you're gay", they aren't actually MEANING you don't like the opposite sex. Most times when I see someone use that term it means they are a kid, or at the very least, immature and have a poor command of the English language. A result of the poor performance of US public schools in most cases. :D
Otherwise, those two threads pretty much confirm to me that playing vs human opponents leaves much to be desired. :(
I doubt you will get much harassment any more. People just can't be bothered. That is, unless you admit to playing or liking "the mod that must remain un-named". Talk about that mod and you can expect posts and whole threads to be deleted. :roll:
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Deputy wrote:I read both of your links and found them rather...boring. Especially the oversensitivity to the term "gay". You are taking that term WAY too literally when it's used on a forum of this type. When someone says "that's gay" or "you're gay", they aren't actually MEANING you don't like the opposite sex. Most times when I see someone use that term it means they are a kid, or at the very least, immature and have a poor command of the English language.

You missed the point. It's a slur and not acceptable.

I doubt you will get much harassment any more. People just can't be bothered. That is, unless you admit to playing or liking "the mod that must remain un-named". Talk about that mod and you can expect posts and whole threads to be deleted. :roll:

*puts moderator mask on*

Comrade, our spies are everywhere. You will be permitted to make one phone call to your loved ones, and then you will pay for your crimes.

Colytic
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Colytic wrote:
Deputy wrote:I read both of your links and found them rather...boring. Especially the oversensitivity to the term "gay". You are taking that term WAY too literally when it's used on a forum of this type. When someone says "that's gay" or "you're gay", they aren't actually MEANING you don't like the opposite sex. Most times when I see someone use that term it means they are a kid, or at the very least, immature and have a poor command of the English language.

You missed the point. It's a slur and not acceptable.

*puts moderator mask on*

Comrade, our spies are everywhere. You will be permitted to make one phone call to your loved ones, and then you will pay for your crimes.

Colytic

Actually, no, it's not a slur. It only becomes a slur when it is used against someone who ISN'T gay to disparage them. In England, they still use the term "fag" or fagget or "faggot"" quite often to describe homosexuals. It's a word that is considered a slur in the USA, but is not in England.
Actually, I resent homosexuals appropriating the word "gay" for their own use. If you go back not that long ago, gay has a completely different meaning. It means someone who is happy, carefree, in a good mood, etc. You can hear it used quite often in old movies or in books from the 50's on back. The current useage became popular around 1966. And homosexuals often refer to themselves as being "queer". But when a straight person uses that term to describe them, it becomes politically incorrect. Personally, I would like to take all that PC grabage and dump it in the river. :x
Colytic
Site Admin

Postby Colytic » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:08 pm

Deputy wrote:Actually, no, it's not a slur. It only becomes a slur when it is used against someone who ISN'T gay to disparage them.

Deputy wrote:You are taking that term WAY too literally when it's used on a forum of this type. When someone says "that's gay" or "you're gay", they aren't actually MEANING you don't like the opposite sex.

You don't appear to be making a consistent point at all.

And gay people can refer to themselves jokingly using these terms just as some black people use n****r endearingly.

Deputy wrote:Personally, I would like to take all that PC grabage and dump it in the river. :x

That's a pretty sad admission because it is outrageous LGBT rights - a movement to liberate people's natural selves - were not fully established in all civilized countries decades ago. Bigotry, mostly fueled by religion and insecurity, dies very hard indeed.

EDIT: typo

Colytic
Last edited by Colytic on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Deputy wrote:--==<snip>==--

You go girl! Way to put that hetero privilege on display and show them queer ass faggoty gays what's what! You show those uppity PC liberal hippies where their place is!

Moron.

xander
Deputy
level1
level1

Postby Deputy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:48 am

Colytic wrote:
Deputy wrote:Actually, no, it's not a slur. It only becomes a slur when it is used against someone who ISN'T gay to disparage them.

Deputy wrote:You are taking that term WAY too literally when it's used on a forum of this type. When someone says "that's gay" or "you're gay", they aren't actually MEANING you don't like the opposite sex.

You don't appear to be making a consistent point at all.

And gay people can refer to themselves jokingly using these terms just as some black people use n****r endearingly.

Deputy wrote:Personally, I would like to take all that PC grabage and dump it in the river. :x

That's a pretty sad admission because it is outrageous LGBT rights - a movement to liberate people's natural selves - were not fully established in all civilized countries decades ago. Bigotry, mostly fueled by religion and insecurity, dies very hard indeed.

EDIT: typo

Colytic

Ya know...if the LGBT would stop making such a spectacle of themselves and just try to fit in with society instead of flaunting their position at every opportunity, the bigotry would probably disappear on its own. Funny thing, but I never see any parades for heterosexual rights. :roll:
And I don't believe for one second that gays are naturally-occuring oddities. But keep up with your secular progressive agenda. It appears to really be catching on in the USA. Remember, God's cure for homosexuality is also a weight loss formula. :P

Return to “General”