jon wrote:Man oh man, this must be a hoax. I must have accumulated 50 hours of losing to a guy I never had a chance against.
I too wish it were a joke, but I gather the OP is an admission of guilt after getting busted. And all the time we wasted .... argh.
1. How was it discovered?
2. So a fatal cheat exists, requiring only 2 boxes with two independent IPs. I guess we all already knew this ....
3. One of the IPs should be banned, on principle.
4. Space Dog deserves a second chance, after payment of penalties.
5. All rankings and honors should be stripped.
6. Solutions need to be considered:
a. Special "serous gaming" servers with no spectators allowed.
b. Somehow allow each player to share vision with spectators (or not)
c. Remove fog of war completely.
I admit both a & b suck to the extent that non-players won't be able to enjoy watching the games, and c changes the game entirely, but at least these might preserve game integrity (i.e., there should be some way to ensure fair competition).
I myself have previously admitted to using an exploit, so I am not perfect, but this ...