Quake & GROUP 6 Diplomacy Tournament

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Postby R3D » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:15 pm

what server do we play on?
User avatar
Forever Young
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Black Forest Germany GMT+1

Postby Forever Young » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:38 pm

Laika_rus wrote:
mastered diplomacy and developed a unique set of skills far more complex then your 2V2

True!
Before you can play diplo as a master you have to master the 1v1 and 2v2!
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
...
R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Postby R3D » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Laika_rus wrote:
mastered diplomacy and developed a unique set of skills far more complex then your 2V2


skills??? you mean play from 2 computers :wink:

when do the tourney start?
User avatar
The_Doctor
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 am

3 computers

Postby The_Doctor » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:27 pm

I'm thinking about it - NOT A CONFIRMATION.

But if i do join i want to bring my friend Le Doctore.
He's an ok player and also my second screen.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:50 pm

R3D wrote:what server do we play on?


The server name is Diplomacy In Action, Any information not posted currently on the thread will be added when the Tournament starts. No worries.

The_Doctor wrote:I'm thinking about it - NOT A CONFIRMATION.

But if i do join i want to bring my friend Le Doctore.
He's an ok player and also my second screen.


You will be marked registered, if you decided not to play I will take your name off. Secondly if your "friend" is you then no.

Communist Empire wrote:i will join


Who are you? Its not that I don't want you to play it is just no players are aloud to play if they do not have experience.

R3D wrote:when do the tourney start?


The Tournament will start the day after we get the desired amount of players 18/24.



PS: Sorry if I do not reply to your post fast. I am on vacation in another city. But I will reply As Soon As Possible so please don't hesitate to ask. :D
-SH
User avatar
Colytic
Site Admin
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:57 pm

Also - thanks for setting this up Scillian. The default scoring should be interesting, it might help prevent backstabbing of allies as a desperate bid for points.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:00 pm

Colytic wrote:Also - thanks for setting this up Scillian. The default scoring should be interesting, it might help prevent backstabbing of allies as a desperate bid for points.


Thanks Colyic, for the default it will be interesting :D
-SH
User avatar
atomic oracle
level2
level2
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:24 am
Location: Peoples Republic of Oregon

backstabbing?

Postby atomic oracle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:50 pm

what is this backstabbing you talk about?
User avatar
Colytic
Site Admin
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Re: backstabbing?

Postby Colytic » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:53 pm

atomic oracle wrote:what is this backstabbing you talk about?


I mean, EU and Russia make an alliance, and at the last second one backstabs the other to get to the top. Fair enough, but kind of annoying.
Communist Empire
level0
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:49 am

Postby Communist Empire » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:13 am

Atomic Oracle said i should sign up
Deadcows
level2
level2
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Postby Deadcows » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:19 pm

Wait wait wait!!!! The scoring is same as in 1v1 2v2 and 3v3? If so im in.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 am

Deadcows wrote:Wait wait wait!!!! The scoring is same as in 1v1 2v2 and 3v3? If so im in.


Yep :D

We need 6 more people, don't be shy! Join!!!
-SH
User avatar
The_Doctor
level3
level3
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:05 am

Postby The_Doctor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:36 am

I frequent the bastard diplo game.
I can tell you right now it's a default 6 player game with silos visible (and nobody cares about silos).
99 percent of the time people just launch at defcon 1 straight away.
User avatar
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:32 am

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:06 pm

The_Doctor wrote:I frequent the bastard diplo game.
I can tell you right now it's a default 6 player game with silos visible (and nobody cares about silos).
99 percent of the time people just launch at defcon 1 straight away.


And? This will be just a little bit different. :D It will be the up most fun!
-SH
User avatar
Colytic
Site Admin
Posts: 835
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:24 pm
Location: Somewhere outside London

Postby Colytic » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:
The_Doctor wrote:I frequent the bastard diplo game.
I can tell you right now it's a default 6 player game with silos visible (and nobody cares about silos).
99 percent of the time people just launch at defcon 1 straight away.


And? This will be just a little bit different. :D It will be the up most fun!


I hope to some extent it is more roleplay style. I like joining user-hosted servers because people tend to act like their area (US hates Communist Russia and China etc).

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests