General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: Re at a failed 3v3?

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:21 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
The score mode will be in default. Of course it will be diplomacy. 6 players are required to start. Radar and cease fire will be optional from the start of the game in till the end.

Hi.

I noticed that unfortunately the 3v3 tournament didn't take off.
I applaud your intelligent way of bringing it back (under the cover of diplo).
All manner of noobs will join now that they hear the magic word - that one game mode where they actually won a few games.
Meanwhile you and other good players form teams and just ally in game every game.

DONE - 3v3 tourny is back baby

Haha no there was a tourney before any of that, it was a diplo tourney was great and fun. 3v3 tourney didn't even take off the ground so I don't even count it as anything of the matter.
-SH
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:I have no idea on how to do so, because the text is just as long?
:roll:
I did ask you to replace the very long lines -> "__________" with shorter ones -> "___" by editing your post.

Did you ever resize a computer desktop window? Then It would be very easy for you to understand my trouble.

Here is what your post looks like for me:
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Did I do it?
-SH
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Still not short enough.

Maybe replace "_________________" with "___ ___ ___ ___", then you can make the lines as long as you wish and my browser will still formate the text for me.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Now!
Thank you!
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Your Welcome
-SH
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:44 pm

atomic oracle wrote:I respectfully submit my name to be considered for inclusion in the upcoming diplomacy tournament. It would be an honor to play beside the legends of defcon in a structured multi-game environment. It would be unthinkable to even consider hurling insults at my fellow players since they consist of the highest caliber that society has to offer. In conclusion if I am once again the victor in this sport of kings then I request, no I implore the vanquished to kiss my ass.

LOL, Well maybe this time around I can get someones attention for once and have a forum badge made. MAYBE. No promises...
-SH
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:43 am

I have a very busy weekend, I most likely won't get online in till Monday or Sunday afternoon. I will be leaving tomorrow morning States central time. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate I will reply as soon as possible. Someone asked me earlier "when is the start date?" Once we have 18/24 players and we have reached the goal it will start soon after.
-SH
The_Doctor
level3
level3

:)

Postby The_Doctor » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:32 am

I applaud your intelligent way of bringing it back (under the cover of diplo).
All manner of noobs will join now that they hear the magic word - that one game mode where they actually won a few games.

The right after my post RED wrote:

in

:)
Colytic
Site Admin

Re: :)

Postby Colytic » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:42 am

The_Doctor wrote:All manner of noobs will join now that they hear the magic word - that one game mode where they actually won a few games.

None of these 'noobs' that you so rail against have forum accounts, therefore I declare this a thinly-veiled continuation of your smear campaign against this honourable game mode.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Re: :)

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Colytic wrote: None of these 'noobs' that you so rail against have forum accounts, therefore I declare this a thinly-veiled continuation of your smear campaign against this honourable game mode.

I will not allow noobs to play, simply because its a tournament and you need some kind of experience after all. Not sure why people view this as a "third party mode". Yes it may not acquire the ultimate skills that you need in 2v2 but there is a complete different set of skill that come with diplomacy. In my view diplomacy is much much harder to win then a 2v2 simply because there is no set tactics there is no set way to win. Also it should be viewed as a recreational mode where you can have fun and have a good time. Not so serious like 2v2.

Edit: As much as I don't like ROFL, Endless and the rest of them, but they are a good example on how diplomacy has a completely different set of skills. They have mastered diplomacy and developed a unique set of skills far more complex then your 2V2 game. Diplomacy is like a intersection each way will lead you to a different out come.

Tried my best to explain in a way someone could understand :)

Edit: One last thing LOL, finds out my friends car has wifi in it so I can check up on the forums now and then.
-SH
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:51 pm

mastered diplomacy and developed a unique set of skills far more complex then your 2V2
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:36 pm

Yep
-SH
Communist Empire
level0

Postby Communist Empire » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 am

i will join
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:17 am

Laika_rus wrote:
mastered diplomacy and developed a unique set of skills far more complex then your 2V2

From whom did that come from?

Return to “General”