Defcon & Introversion Staff (Open Discussion)

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Defcon & Introversion Staff (Open Discussion)

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue May 07, 2013 1:33 pm

I am calling out Introversion staff. You have turned your back on Defcon, even though it saved you. You seem to not even pay attention to defcon... I am wondering out of curiosity how much would it cost to buy Defcon rights in general? Couple hundred thousand dollars? (I am not looking to make profit but to help Defcon)
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Tue May 07, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-SH
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue May 07, 2013 1:36 pm

The game isn't what it use to be, it needs updates, to adapted to changing times. I am almost willing to pay for that. But this shouldn't be me talking about this.... This should be your concern not ours.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Tue May 07, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-SH
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Tue May 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Agreed; there is already bert's Minicom - same Defcon with bugs patched and new options. Isn't it good enough for IV to buy out and install instead of current working version ?

edit
Quote from wiki:
The Alpha version of Prison Architect has currently generated over $1,000,000 for introversion.

I doubt they care. Suggestions of an update have a long history, and there is exactly the same story with outdated forum software.

We could try make a little strike, with forum admins shutting down Defcon related forums, and game admins temporary closing servers. Last message from Chris was about TGR and Openflow trolling on boards.. that's a possibility to draw attention. Or get banned, or neither.
Last edited by Laika on Tue May 07, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue May 07, 2013 4:28 pm

There has to be something we could do? (In reason) Maybe the profit Introversion is making from its new game. I mean they just made 1 million USD, not to mention the money they still make from other games. Also to add, the minicom.... People shouldn't have to go to the minicom it should be as default. Think of it this way (You just bought Defcon, you don't even know about minicom, and if you find out do you want to go do all that stuff? (Most people would not) Update people!
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Tue May 07, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-SH
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue May 07, 2013 4:35 pm

Agreed; there is already bert's Minicom - same Defcon with bugs patched and new options. Isn't it good enough for IV to buy out and install instead of current working version ?

No it is not enough, I know this because I been asking around lately and people have been just going to different games. It NEEDS a update. Nothing major where it won't even be recognized as defcon. I am talking about a new map, voice chat, I know a lot of people want the warning every time someone launches, or little things here and there that makes it more appealing to someone. Also this can be done by the owners of servers is a time budget on every game. Not a time budget where it is useless because there is so much. Just think about it, I really think this is a doable idea.
Last edited by Siсiliаn Ноundd on Tue May 07, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-SH
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 07, 2013 5:05 pm

You will not receive what you are asking for. Operation Fat Boy included incentive to keep games like Defcon alive; to sustain intelligence gathering feeds.

~ We Are Anonymous
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue May 07, 2013 10:17 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:You will not receive what you are asking for. Operation Fat Boy included incentive to keep games like Defcon alive; to sustain intelligence gathering feeds.

~ We Are Anonymous

What ever that means.... I still think this can be done. And yet another thing to add witch is completely doable make a Defcon twitter account. Advertise it? (I found this game by looking online for a online risk game, and the online game "http://www.oilempires.com" We can advertise in those areas lots of people play Oil empires and they have adds.)
-SH
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Wed May 08, 2013 12:07 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:You will not receive what you are asking for. Operation Fat Boy included incentive to keep games like Defcon alive; to sustain intelligence gathering feeds.

~ We Are Anonymous

It means you dont need to worry a thing.

~ We Are Anonymous
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Wed May 08, 2013 2:40 am

You know a lot of people are giving me crap about how I am putting my reputation on the line and a lot of what "ifs.".. I tell them this, "When Defcon douse die off or is not popular enough to play and you miss it and you feel like you should of done something.... At least I tried... At least I know I did something. (I know it sounds I am emotional but I think this is a great game, there is no other game that you can play for a long time and A LOT longer for others and not get tired of it.....)

-Sincerely

Your crazy friend Sicilian Hound
-SH
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed May 08, 2013 3:12 am

While I certainly agree that Introversion has turned its collective back on Defcon, I have to ask, "What did you expect?". The game's seven years old now. They've moved on to other things.

I personally dislike the direction they went with game design (Prison Architect was already done. It was called Roller Coaster Tycoon.) but 1 million dollars is nothing to laugh at.

If we're making wish lists, I'd much rather see a sequel to Defcon than an update.
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Thu May 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Sicilian Hound wrote:You know a lot of people are giving me crap about how I am putting my reputation on the line and a lot of what "ifs.".. I tell them this, "When Defcon douse die off or is not popular enough to play and you miss it and you feel like you should of done something.... At least I tried... At least I know I did something. (I know it sounds I am emotional but I think this is a great game, there is no other game that you can play for a long time and A LOT longer for others and not get tired of it.....)

-Sincerely

Your crazy friend Sicilian Hound

There are other games that you can play for a long time and a lot and not get tired of it. Dota is a great example.
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Thu May 09, 2013 7:14 pm

Well for me, this is the only game I don't get bored of.
-SH
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun May 12, 2013 3:02 am

resistance is futile
-Vic
lacrosse1991
level1
level1

Postby lacrosse1991 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:35 am

Sicilian Hound wrote:

No it is not enough, I know this because I been asking around lately and people have been just going to different games. It NEEDS a update. Nothing major where it won't even be recognized as defcon. I am talking about a new map, voice chat, I know a lot of people want the warning every time someone launches, or little things here and there that makes it more appealing to someone. Also this can be done by the owners of servers is a time budget on every game. Not a time budget where it is useless because there is so much. Just think about it, I really think this is a doable idea.

You could always just setup a teamspeak server for voice chat (could enable a game overlay and everything). At least in my opinion, it seems like only a small minority would end up using such a feature if it was built into the game (might not have a microphone, might not be comfortable with such direct method of communication based on how people talk in chat, etc)
Siсiliаn Ноundd
level5
level5

Postby Siсiliаn Ноundd » Tue May 14, 2013 2:27 am

Well the mic was mainly for 2v2 or any team based game (: haha the better you communicate the better you team is. (Coordination)
-SH

Return to “General”