Abuse of power

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Fri May 03, 2013 2:22 pm

To be honest I'm not sure why tensions seem to be so high in this forum.

Sure I've raged some in Defcon. I've quit a few times here and there when getting stomped really badly and having a bad day. I've never insulted anyone or called them out unless they were truly deserving of such a reaction. If you're getting banned on these servers, I'm sure it isn't some tyrannical hoster saying "HHHEHE BANNED CUZ I CAN".

EVEN IF IT IS, they have every right to do so and you should formally ask the owner why and respect his or her decision. Coming to the forums to announce being banned helps nobody.

Exercise some common sense, and if you're finding that you are going to rage, man up and show some restraint. AFK or say "gg" and leave if you have to. I've done it a couple times and I feel bad about it in retrospect but it's better than going on a flame war, rage quitting, getting banned and dropping by the forums to spread the butthurt.

Sorry to be so negative. I just find it sad that drama seems to be the only thing that keeps these forums alive...
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Sat May 04, 2013 5:20 am

"You don't play the game the way I like you to, so I'm going to ban you!"

It's exactly like those little shitlords in CSS that scream 'noob' at you for not being a '360 noscope mlg pro', except you now have the ability to remove players you don't like.

Conclusion: You're shit.

Baton101 wrote:....

Also you lack credibility to make opinion about anything, which "we" earned trough years and that is a fact.

And frankly, just saying this ruins what little 'credibility' you have. It proves that you're a petty turd that thinks seniority (or, worse, postcount) is directly equal to authority OR validity of opinion (opinions which anyone and everyone are free to).

Edit: Besides, I think in the time Oracle has played, he has a bit more 'credibility' than you if I were to apply your backward-ass logic.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am

There's not much you can do about this, is it ? Oh, wait, you could actually take your money and put them into your new server (and you aren't going to).
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm

Kanga's right though not very polite about it but he makes a valid point.

If your going to provide a Public Server for all people to play on to keep Defcon alive on the web - just do it like Keger does without all the bullcrap. (put up and shut up)

If you want your private, anal, no quitting, gay, long winded, fuck nut and cottage cheese games - play on the league server and other private servers.

The server "owners" have all the cards here - they know that the vast majority of players depend on those servers for their internet play and this is where the "abuse of power" come in. You ban people from public servers then effectivly you have killed that key for internet play. Its also worth mentioning s ome people seem to get a kick out of "banning" people or by sending pm's calling for action and causing paranoia.

Fail - Safe:

You been banned? Your DEFCON key no good on SFCON, ARCON, LFO servers? Don't want to pay for a new Key?
1. Simply uninstall Defcon from your machine.
2. Uninstall Steam (if installed)
3. Re-download Steam and make a new account
4. Install the FREE Defcon Demo

Result - FREE NEW STEAM KEY - back in you go, carefull now.

BE WARNED - if you have lots of games installed within steam you will lose them all doing this You will have to do Defcon Steam achievements all over again! (for santa set your PC clock to 25th december)
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sat May 04, 2013 9:25 pm

That's the point - I don't want douchebags playing on my servers. As for you, moth, and 'abused' power - you were silent about SFCON banning rules, which were non-existant at all. I provided those for people to know what were they banned for (you could notice that ragequit is not included btw). Yet you are unhappy - is that connected to your alleged ban from SFCON ? Would you kindlly tell me about circumstances of why were you banned? Anyway, I'm not going democratic on server rules (nor I personally think Senator would). Deal with it.
Last edited by Laika on Sat May 04, 2013 11:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ghost Division
level2
level2

Postby Ghost Division » Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I have no "credibility" on this forum, buuut i wanted to give my opinion:
The only guys to be banned should be those who leave at game start! I dont mind quiting at mid-game or without units...
Just my opinion....
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:22 am

The Ring will found you even if you uninstall...
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 am

Laika_rus wrote:There's not much you can do about this, is it ? Oh, wait, you could actually take your money and put them into your new server (and you aren't going to).

You didn't read a thing I said, did you, numbnuts?
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:39 am

Baton101 wrote:Nobody will be bannned that simply....

Kangaraptor you dont read either.
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sun May 05, 2013 9:47 am

Kangaraptor wrote:
Laika_rus wrote:There's not much you can do about this, is it ? Oh, wait, you could actually take your money and put them into your new server (and you aren't going to).

You didn't read a thing I said, did you, numbnuts?

Why would you think so ? I did; what did you expect me to answer ?
Last edited by Laika on Sun May 05, 2013 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Sun May 05, 2013 10:43 am

That was nice edit Laika :D
Dantesinferno
level3
level3

Postby Dantesinferno » Sun May 05, 2013 12:00 pm

1. was banned on SFCOn on my Abusive Moth Key (which I paid for £10 sterling) about 6 months ago for messing about on SFCON League Server and as far as I know its still banned

2. Since then I have had a free steam Key and Have not been banned - 3. SH made a mistaken identity and sent a PM to my Dante Account (this one) saying he had banned a player he thought was me.

4. We have no idea who he banned - I just used it as example of the kind of bullshit anal paranoia that goes on.

5. At the moment I don't really play much just the odd diplo game on ake server 2 because u can defect before defcon 3 - its part of my "Dantes Inferno declares war on the whole world simulations series" .

6. I don't really care that much I just like winding people up over being anally rententive assholes and working behind the scenes to "police" public games and generally act like elitist fools. I love the way people get so wound up about defcon its like playing MONOPOLY with your family, being a war game the war on the forums is as much fun as nuking MOSCOW within the game - Remember the whole Anders Breivik, TOC elite, CE and Carebear sagas - which i joined in with great abandon and to a large extent stirred up the pot!

7. I have been trolling this forum and games for years, I am likely to continue because I am very strange and get my kicks in weird ways.

:lol:
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sun May 05, 2013 4:20 pm

I see, have just added a ban list, idea is it helps to avoid witch-hunting - now everyone can see if they were banned, and what for. Thanks for the idea.
Thanatos I Am
level1
level1

Postby Thanatos I Am » Sun May 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Hey Laika let me know when it is up :P
Thanatos I Am
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Check the first post of server thread.

Return to “General”