Page 2 of 4

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 pm
by Forever Young
still deciding? :lol: no need for, i decided it for you.
Ace Rimmer: "IN" :P

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:13 pm
by Mrmot
Few things.
During WHOLE game victim has to keep aa (no launch mode on defcon 1) or no? You have to deicide it.
Scout has not be allowed. If it happens game no valid.
Only 5 fighters (5 bombers) should be allowed to trigger AA. 6.th fighter should be forbidden.
Instead EU vs Russia (because Eu is so small) maybe the better terries are Asia vs Africa, Sa vs NA, Asia vs Russia.

I just propose this things because yesterday mvpe and me tried it and those are some aspects should be considered.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:22 pm
by Laika
Agreed with Mrmot + question of full/partial radar coverage.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:29 pm
by tllotpfkamvpe
Why not make a custom map for this. Something like a donut where the Nuker places in the middle and the nukee in the donut ring.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:01 pm
by Forever Young
also different silo setups can falsify the whole blind nuking contest. i think we have to decide in killing silos and
how exactly the dots/silo targets markers will be.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm
by Ace Rimmer
FY, I don't understand what you mean.

Mrmot wrote:Few things.
During WHOLE game victim has to keep aa (no launch mode on defcon 1) or no? You have to deicide it.

Nukee can switch between them, but can't leave AA off (open/close/open only)
Mrmot wrote:Scout has not be allowed. If it happens game no valid.

Not sure I completely understand
Mrmot wrote:Only 5 fighters (5 bombers) should be allowed to trigger AA. 6.th fighter should be forbidden.

What difference will 6th make? The contest is about who can do it the best, time will be a factor, and you can only launch one fighter at a time, so the longer you take the less points you get.
Mrmot wrote:Instead EU vs Russia (because Eu is so small) maybe the better terries are Asia vs Africa, Sa vs NA, Asia vs Russia.
see below


tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Why not make a custom map for this. Something like a donut where the Nuker places in the middle and the nukee in the donut ring.

Me likes.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 pm
by tllotpfkamvpe
Scout has not be allowed

He means no simple scouting with a single fighter, Eu is so small this can easily happen.
Also bombers can distract AA while one fighter scouts, and bombers can also be used to scout.

I dont understand the rules about the victim. Is he allowed to switch silos to launch to hide AA or not?

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 pm
by Ace Rimmer
I'll have to think about the bomber/fighter situation.

Perhaps the victim could be allowed to switch to launch mode one time per silo, for ten seconds (game time) only, or something.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 pm
by tllotpfkamvpe
You could make a map like this

Image

The yellow is the nukers territory, for placing silos radar and one airbase
Blue is the sea, unused space
Green is where nukee places silos and radars

The red circle is for showing the scale, its the maximum figter range the nuker can have. This should stop simple scouting.

Think of it like a bowling alley sort of design.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 pm
by Laika
This would enable impossible silos setups, like placing 1 silo in front of island and other 5 in back. Front silo would kill the fighter and give itself away, but marking the rest 5 would be fucking impossible.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:17 pm
by Ace Rimmer
maybe not, also, set up another server, we're watching bor but have players...

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 pm
by Laika
What, third one ?

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19 pm
by tllotpfkamvpe
Laika_rus wrote:This would enable impossible silos setups, like placing 1 silo in front of island and other 5 in back. Front silo would kill the fighter and give itself away, but marking the rest 5 would be fucking impossible.


And the same can be done with EU, ever heard of suisilos?
This design was aimed to stop that.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:19 pm
by Ace Rimmer
Laika_rus wrote:What, third one ?

2nd one isnt showing up. Also, R3D left, so need a green player.

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 pm
by Laika
Oh, I forgot I shut it down. Ok, I don't mind a game.