Winter 2v2 Bitching and nastiness thread.

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Winter 2v2 Bitching and nastiness thread.

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm

TALKIN TO MY DADDY ON HIS DYING BED
WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE THIS IS WHAT HE SAID
WHEN I CAME OUT OF MY MOTHERS WOMB
I FOUND MYSELF IN THE DELIVERY ROOM
ALL BLOODY AND WHITE I RAPPELLED TO THE FLOOR
CUT THE UMBILICAL AND CRAWLED TO THE DOOR
CRUISED THE WARD AND I'M LOOKIN GOOD
BABY LITTLE MARINE LIKE I SHOULD

CAMOUFLAGE DIAPER BLACK BABY SHOES
BUTTER KNIFE SWORD AND BABY DRESS BLUES
HUMVEE STROLLER TRICYCLE TANK
THREE DIAPER PINS ON MY COLLER FOR RANK
DOWN THE HALL I HEARD SOME CRYING LIKE HECK
WALKED RIGHT IN CALLED ATTENTION ON DECK
LISTEN UP WIMPS I'M IN COMMAND
ALL YOUR CRYIN AND YOUR SNIVELIN I WILL NOT STAND
THEY SAID AYE AYE SIR AND I HAD IT MADE
I WAS COMMANDING OFFICER OF THE BABY BRIGADE

Red team Rules - Green team sucks (are Cheaters) - LIVE WITH IT
Last edited by RGeezy911 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image as it links to an unsafe domain.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:38 pm

i know i should not
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:30 pm

Looking at Mogwai's victory screen shots, it makes total sense he plays on a sea of blood.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:03 pm

@ Green Team

A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:05 am

I got a bitch about a style of play called the [BOR] - I have never really experienced it before until my last game.

I can understand clock holding but to carry a game on for 7 hours past usual game time to eke out a draw is shameless. There is no honour in the win its just grinding for the sake of it.

Its rude to expect your opponents to sit there for literally hours whilst you fanny about trying to work out if its possible to kill their whole fleet 1 by one and get your stored subs close enough to scrape a few measly extra points. I could understand if green team members were trailing hugely in points and needed every win - but they simply don't and these long games will put people off playing as they know they cannot beat the [BOR].

Its not that it's not clever to have found a potential game ender - kudos - but its bad sportsmanship to play like it and expect your opponents to not hate your guts for using up their precious time - 2 hours game time most people can happily commit too but this game took 3-4 hours or so and most action in the first hour. I only have x years left and i dont want to spend x amount of them grinding my teeth away in ever growing impatience. Also it doesn't give the spectators much to look at - everyone likes to see action not boredom.

i know i should not
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:48 am

You called the game a draw? Bullshit—you guys had the win.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:25 am

It was a hard game to sort, for that it took that long and I'm sorry..
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 am

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:... but its bad sportsmanship to play like it and expect your opponents to not hate your guts for using up their precious time ...

I haven't reviewed the game, but extended real-time play is not always bad sportmanship. It depends. No doubt "rage slow" (intentional real-time play for no other purpose than to frustrate your opponent) is to be frowned upon. Was it this? Or just methodical micro-management?

From time-to-time these sort of games happen Ms. Moth, especially in tournaments. And yes, "hating one's opponents guts" is generally part of that package (as evidenced by the typical escalation of smack-talk). Thank goodness I easily forget who I've recently played.
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 am

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:I got a bitch about a style of play called the [BOR] - I have never really experienced it before until my last game.

If a bitch call you bitch Mor... think about it...(no offence on you Moth only on him).

Well at least we wont play him anymore. (Mor its not that I dont like you you know i like your humor :), but facts are life is short, your tactics can be broken if we play same style(hit and run forever), but we wont play that tactic rather to avoid games with certain players.(im little angry we only got a draw but thats life...).
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:35 am

Baton, I think you placed a silo too close to a city. I can see it's not there in the final screenshot.
No comment about the bor, it was pretty bad.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:57 am

Now I have slept it doesn't feel so bad but I was as the welsh say "tamping" last night. I think i would rather lose a game, be rage quitted on than to go that long for a draw or be beaten by .1 population it will make me smash my PC! I would watch the replay to see where we went wrong but it would take at least 1 hour to playback and I think i would lose my will to live!

But this morning I wake up full of resolve and ready to do battle again - MOR is not the only one with this tactic a lot of players use similar strategies to varying success.
However that all being said imagine if the whole game was about how effectivly you could BOR your opponents, if every player used this style all the time then the game would become so tedious.
I can understand the mentality of not giving up and why should MOR and his ilk throw games if they know a way they don't have to if they use the BOR. But it doesn't seem a "clean" way to play, its obviously not cheating or abusing a game glitch but it does create bad feeling. BOR players must know that their opponents will soon start getting A8U51V3 outta fustration for being forced to sit though hours of attack and run away - this is why I am saying its unsportsmanlike - because I feel that BOR players are purposely trying to fustrate their opponents with this tactic,under the pretence that they are using great skill and patience to beat them. No sorry you are just being incredibly anal and incredibly [BOR]ing!

Keep it for exihibition games and for desperate measures when nothing else works. But to employ it in every game will grind the tourney to a halt,

This is why I made this thread - to vent - Your free to play the game as you choose of course.
i know i should not
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Deja vu :lol:
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 pm

Blackbeard wrote:Deja vu :lol:

Hi Blackie! 'Tis true lol. Come out and play. The Evil Eye awaits you.
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 am

- Tobias - wrote:
Blackbeard wrote:Deja vu :lol:

Hi Blackie! 'Tis true lol. Come out and play. The Evil Eye awaits you.

After you my good sir :P . Actually, NO! (couldn't risk my bluff being called). The nightmares are only now beginning to subside. The horror. THE HORROR!
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:25 pm

i had to post this - a very interesting sub move by Laika in game i am watching - 12 subs hidden in 1 position in philipines.

i know i should not

Return to “General”