http://imgur.com/cdTlGVc

Rec:
http://arcghost.de/recordings/2v2%20%7c ... _00_44.zip
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 am

Laika_rus wrote:Game #2

For those with a passing interest, such as myself, might you please include the scores with your game posts? I tried the screenshot link, but frankly would need to manipulate the image to read the score. Would be nice to know, at a glance, who won these contests.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:43 am

MOR's thread seems fine for that.
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Laika_rus wrote:MOR's thread seems fine for that.

Why yes, yes it does; but at the time of my original post, such a thread did not yet exist! I am glad to see that such "quick view" results are now being published. The millions of rabid Defcon fans thank you.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Only a 'passing' interest, shame on you!
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:20 pm

24/01/2013, after 3 games. Updates on 1 page.

A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:27 pm

lets have 3 games tonight

waiting in pub chat...
i know i should not
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:59 am

IMO this team system sucks. Everyone has to have exact number of games they (can play) have to play. Otherwise what stops castle and moth getting 10 losses against laika and R3d for instance.
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:03 am

Thus restrain some active players from games, because they hit their limit.
Deadcows
level2
level2

Postby Deadcows » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am

Laika_rus wrote:Thus restrain some active players from games, because they hit their limit.
Yes exactly.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:29 pm

I agree this team system does suck. I don't think it has made balanced teams at all, Deadcows makes a good point, My team has inactive players, Ace, Nukraine and Mrmot have not yet even played yet. Its all very well saying "what if castle/moth get 10 losses" but where the rest of the team to help buck the trend? Yesterday i was the only player from my team while there was 3+ of the blues and Laika added R3D to blue and gave us dooms day who isnt even registered just to get a game going.

I think its fair to say we tried a new system and it has potential but this is not a good way to balance teams and its annoying waiting around for the hope that certain players will come online so we get a game. Perhaps this is due to not enough players being signed up.I also think that it was rushed anyway there has been no real time to establish a field of players (registration was like less than a week) and the start date shifted at last minute and then didn't even start when advertised.

Perhaps a better way would be to re-open registration, wait for 2 weeks till we have a field of 20+ players and then restart with each player having to play a set number of games over a month say that should even things out a bit.

It would also give time for certain players who have their head up their own anus's a chance to reconsider and join the tourney - remember this is what keeps this game alive - active interest not your petty dislikes and superior attititude. I have heard that some players have not joined this tourney because XXX is playing or they are not happy with the setup, well this is just childish beyond belief. Surely a chance to show your skills, thrash that player that you dislike and show people how to play the game in controlled conditions is many times better than noob-bashing?
i know i should not
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 pm

Making teams that will contain no noobs leads to limited access to the tour - I will not do that. Instead I'm trying to make noob distribution per team more or less equal.

I told you yesterday, Moth, that if most of red team remains inactive, I will rearrange teams. There is nothing else I'm going to do about that. I'm trying to explain why below.

Perhaps a better way would be to re-open registration, wait for 2 weeks till we have a field of 20+ players and then restart with each player having to play a set number of games over a month say that should even things out a bit.

It is a good idea, implying signed-up players will actually play their number of games in fixed period of time. How to make this happen ? Actually re-open registration and simply hope that things will suddenly change (because, apparently, same problem was in previous tourneys) ? Nah. Force people to play in some way ? I tried to do it with introduction of fees, but too many were against.

Unless there is another way to solve that absenteeism, things will not change. This is also why I started tour early - so players who are currently active may play some games, if they have to go later; and left registration open - so players may join the tour as they appear, like was yesterday with Dooms. Of course quality of teams suffer, but having no one to play is worse.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Maybe your right - It wasnt a personal dig at you Laika - just genuine fustration at lack of action and a 3 game losing streak if i am honest :)

come on inactive players...
i know i should not
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:16 pm

i think you should give up the team part (too few players for this) just make it a ffa 2v2
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:37 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the random alliances format works better than teams. With teams if your heavy hitters turn up most you will win. In the abandoned Turgon tourney, one team always played two of baton/mot/r3d so had no chance whatsoever of losing more than 50%. Also randomness leads to interesting team matchups.

Main thing is tourney is good thing, thank you doggy. Don't get annoyed!
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.

Return to “General”