level2

Postby Abu Jazar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 am

Chairman Boom wrote:Not that I'm going to be taking any scalps any time soon

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:23 am

MAXtheMASTER wrote:Ace,

The price money can now be claimed, following the documented triumph of Abu Jazar and MAX against the reputed top player space dog on the DEDICATED 6 Player Elite Default server, on December 24th, 2012. See required screenshot below. Link: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=8743

In accordance with these rules, specifically the provisions under which Abu Jazar and MAX are also eliglible to participate, Abu Jazar and MAX will argue that the total amount of prize money owed by Ace Rimmer is $20, since both Abu Jazar and MAX beat a FY-ranked top 5 player with ease, and in the same game.

"For Abu Jazar/Max, I'll provide the same prize if they can do the same (follow the above rules) but win against any of the top five, per FY's list: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... 841#114841 (just to be fair)."

The "just to be fair"-parenthesis at the end indicates that Ace Rimmer did not consider this turn of events to be an actual option. He can consider himself corrected. As previously announced, both MAX and Abu Jazar seek to re-define the tactical and strategic concepts of Defcon to render the self-proclaimed "elite" outdated. For instance, this game clearly demonstrates the limitations and nepotism of the FY top player ranking.

After thorough consideration, Abu Jazar and MAX requests that the price money in its entirety be transferred to the charity Child's Play ( http://www.childsplaycharity.org ). It is both a good cause, and a most appropriate analogy to the actual game that was played. A valid receipt of the transfer can be sent by PM to Abu Jazar and MAX for confirmation.

Laika_rus wrote:You took good territories before beginning of the game, and Max allowed Abu to nuke himself to give a boost to Abu's score. Lol, I will bring my own buddy next time, and on my server, where I can choose terries in before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Apart from this, game was legit. Though I don't see a way to win in such territory-alliance conditions.

First, I put the 'just to be fair' comment on there to let people know I was actually trying to 'be fair'. :P I.e. please don't infer I thought about any actual outcome (I didn't). :wink:

Secondly, I was going to say "$5 ($10 total)", but then read the bit about Child's Play. :P

Third, you didn't follow the rules exactly: Post fully zoomed out, territories highlighted, game over screenshot I will disregard this since he says the game was legit. :P

Fourth, and lastly, I will donate the $20 this week (most likely), but first I'd like to ask this one question:

Have you (Abu) and/or Max lost a 6 player default game to any of those on F.Y.'s list and done so under an alias while not revealing it after the loss? This would be a violation of the rules and invalid victory claim. I'm guessing no, but must ask for the sake of simple professionalism.

Thank you.
Abu Jazar
level2
level2

Postby Abu Jazar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:25 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Have you (Abu) and/or Max lost a 6 player default game to any of those on F.Y.'s list and done so under an alias while not revealing it after the loss? This would be a violation of the rules and invalid victory claim. I'm guessing no, but must ask for the sake of simple professionalism.

That has not happened, and I can't imagine it has happened to MAX either.
MAXtheMASTER
level2
level2

Postby MAXtheMASTER » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Ace!

First: Thank you for your reply, and pardon my boasting, as you will have learned by now it is not an actual animosity, but merely the veil of mystery that surrounds MAX the MASTER. Your fairness is not put in any doubt :)

Second, forgive the territories highlighted bit: A new screenshot can be extracted from the recording I believe, if needed.

Third, great that you read about Child's Play! :)

Fourth, I can, as Abu Jazar, promise that I have not lost under alias to any of the listed players. I can, on the other hand, issue the following guarantee: I will, in appropriate time after the Victory Timer starts, always reveal my identity in 6p default matches.

Thank you for the challenge! More to follow?

Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:01 pm

I congartulate the both of you on your manipulation of the Defocn commnutty, anything that gets more people playing 6 player FFA is alright in my book :lol: (still, in the past I would've loved to have seen a gamemode possible with no alliances or ceasefires, and maybe no private chat - just to be sure :? ).
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:25 pm

I challenge the brothers, just I have to know about thier availability..
Laika
level5
level5

Postby Laika » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:29 pm

(MOR) wrote:I challenge the brothers, just I have to know about thier availability..

I join that. MOR, we can challenge them on our server, in same conditions as they had in the first game.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:22 pm

i also want to challenge them but only in 1v1 and without specs to make it sure there are no cheats. :)
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:43 pm

I challenge Anneka... :?
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Forever Young wrote:i also want to challenge them but only in 1v1 and without specs to make it sure there are no cheats. :)

I know Abu Jazar from before and he don't cheat, just make sure

What you have these days with that "cheat" word :lol:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:25 pm

Thank you Abu and Max. :D

There may be future challenges, don't know yet.
Abu Jazar
level2
level2

Postby Abu Jazar » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Abu Jazar would like to extend his gratitude to Ace Rimmer.
atkhersham
level0

Postby atkhersham » Tue May 28, 2013 11:50 am

I congartulate the both of you on your modification of the Defocn commnutty, anything that gets more people experiencing 6 player FFA is excellent in my information Having a have a excellent laugh
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Tue May 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Wow RED just killed the ga me highest score I've ever seen!

Return to “General”