Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:31 am

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 am

Forever Young wrote::P really nice! i like it! :)

Thanks!
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:34 am

Laika_rus wrote:I see where it comes from, appreciate it :P Colours look very good, nice job LHH :D

Thank you!
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:38 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:[Image
Blow Up The World by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]

Not sure where I read this? But Endless and Tobias played a game where Endless attacked Tobias from getting points and they were allies? lol. Anyway that made me think that if these two players got together they would blow up our Defcon world! This poster was a Soviet Anti-American poster.
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:48 am

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
Blow Up The World by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]

Not sure where I read this? But Endless and Tobias played a game where Endless attacked Tobias from getting points and they were allies? lol. Anyway that made me think that if these two players got together they would blow up our Defcon world! This poster was a Soviet Anti-American poster.

Lol this made me chuckle. First off, wonderful job. I like them. I still hate you, but i like them. As for the me attacking while Tobias was an ally, he deserved every bit of it. It's not like we were going to lose anyway. And i was drunk, like i currently am.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:50 am

Endless At War by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]

One of my ideas for a poster for Endless,is something I don't think I will ever be able to do and this poster is as close as I can get. What I wanted to show was a Endless SLBM missile rush,which too me is just the most impressive thing I have ever seen him do,and the effect on the player that is being attacked. In most cases the player will ragequit.lol.

LHH
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:04 am

Endless at War 2 by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr[][/img]

A little brighter adds intensity.

LHH
Endless
level5
level5

Postby Endless » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:55 am

You could Make just one nuke and call it an Endless Super Nuke.
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Blow Up The World

Postby -- Tobias -- » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:02 am

Endless wrote:Lol this made me chuckle.... I like them.

Me too.

I am glad you qualified the globe in "Blow Up The World" as "our Defcon world," and not the real world; for otherwise I would never be able to use one of my favorite lamentations (viz., "If XYZ persists, they're just going to blow us all up!") again!
Brosef Stalin
level2
level2

Postby Brosef Stalin » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:41 am

I am loving all of these, extremely creative. I wish I had days of free time haha.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
-- Tobias -- wrote:These are very creative. Do you simply lay new type on old ideas, or is it all original?
[Image
Airburst by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

This one was one of the hardest yet,I have played with Airburst on defcon for a long time, since he was a noob and then he was under a diffent call sign,I looked up exactly what the airburst term meant, I looked at examples,there is all kinds of art with bombers in WWII propganda,and you will see a airburst in the art with the bomber that trys to get to its target. all very nice.

But it didnt really work, but then I thought about airburst and his old call sign it reminded me of a film "fatman and little boy"(1989) when they go to test the device in the film they dont show the mushroom cloud only the effects on a character,i.e. the rush of air,the bright light, the character had on goggles to guard agianst the light. that became my idea for a airburst poster. A pilot in a plane,a nuclear airburst right ahead and no fear. its just a game we play,but how many many players stay when the nukes fly and how many ragequit? Airburst and other players like him on defcon stay to fight it out.

I found cold war modern pilot art used in propganda,found decent nuke art,then i had to figure out how to merge the two,how do i get the mushroom cloud in the pilots goggles? so many trys, so many failures, i gave up for a while cause i just could not get it to work, till just one day eating lunch I thought I would try one more time and I figured it out,I am useing a app on my smart phone, so I am limted. But it came together great! Airburst is a good player,very skilled
[/img]

I finally saw that film (as I had been looking for it) and that wasn't actually a nuclear test, turns out (at least in the movie) they were recreating a criticality accident in where a large gamma/neutron burst occurs due to the fissile materiel attaining critical mass. Turns out criticality events don't create mushroom clouds but it's still a great poster haw haw. Keep up the good work.

Return to “General”