Moderator: Defcon moderators

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

A little bit of Defcon Propaganda 2012-2021

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:27 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87856191@N08/

I take War propganda and remake it with the use of players defcon call signs
Some are good some are not. I do it on my mobile phone and some of them are ok.
Last edited by Lord_Haw_Haw on Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:44 am

I wanted to add that i got the permission of CZA and Kudayta tonight I will post there callsign posters soon,I can only do a poster if i have played a game
with you. Its takes a long time for me to work out the art that I can use with the right player.
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm

No. Bad <snip>. Go back to your hole.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:20 pm

These are very creative. Do you simply lay new type on old ideas, or is it all original?
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:04 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 pm

-- Tobias -- wrote:These are very creative. Do you simply lay new type on old ideas, or is it all original?

[Image
Boot Hill Neon by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

This was a recruit poster for the great war(WWI) and it was very powerful too me,all those men that answered the call for king and country,and their nations need to remind those still living at the time of the war,of the price that had already been paid in men and blood. and the need for even more men. I removed all the old type around the art,which is difficult sometimes because its sits right in the middle of the art,that done,I added the hotel vacany sign,I added the atomic symbol art,I added my own call sign to one of the crosses,and then I added my own type. then I played with the colors,adding my own call sign was a mistake looking back. [/img]
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm

-- Tobias -- wrote:These are very creative. Do you simply lay new type on old ideas, or is it all original?
[Image
Airburst by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

This one was one of the hardest yet,I have played with Airburst on defcon for a long time, since he was a noob and then he was under a diffent call sign,I looked up exactly what the airburst term meant, I looked at examples,there is all kinds of art with bombers in WWII propganda,and you will see a airburst in the art with the bomber that trys to get to its target. all very nice.

But it didnt really work, but then I thought about airburst and his old call sign it reminded me of a film "fatman and little boy"(1989) when they go to test the device in the film they dont show the mushroom cloud only the effects on a character,i.e. the rush of air,the bright light, the character had on goggles to guard agianst the light. that became my idea for a airburst poster. A pilot in a plane,a nuclear airburst right ahead and no fear. its just a game we play,but how many many players stay when the nukes fly and how many ragequit? Airburst and other players like him on defcon stay to fight it out.

I found cold war modern pilot art used in propganda,found decent nuke art,then i had to figure out how to merge the two,how do i get the mushroom cloud in the pilots goggles? so many trys, so many failures, i gave up for a while cause i just could not get it to work, till just one day eating lunch I thought I would try one more time and I figured it out,I am useing a app on my smart phone, so I am limted. But it came together great! Airburst is a good player,very skilled
[/img]
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Postby AIRburst95 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Lord_Haw_Haw wrote:
[Image
Airburst by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

This one was one of the hardest yet,I have played with Airburst on defcon for a long time, since he was a noob and then he was under a diffent call sign,I looked up exactly what the airburst term meant, I looked at examples,there is all kinds of art with bombers in WWII propganda,and you will see a airburst in the art with the bomber that trys to get to its target. all very nice.

But it didnt really work, but then I thought about airburst and his old call sign it reminded me of a film "fatman and little boy"(1989) when they go to test the device in the film they dont show the mushroom cloud only the effects on a character,i.e. the rush of air,the bright light, the character had on goggles to guard agianst the light. that became my idea for a airburst poster. A pilot in a plane,a nuclear airburst right ahead and no fear. its just a game we play,but how many many players stay when the nukes fly and how many ragequit? Airburst and other players like him on defcon stay to fight it out.

I found cold war modern pilot art used in propganda,found decent nuke art,then i had to figure out how to merge the two,how do i get the mushroom cloud in the pilots goggles? so many trys, so many failures, i gave up for a while cause i just could not get it to work, till just one day eating lunch I thought I would try one more time and I figured it out,I am useing a app on my smart phone, so I am limted. But it came together great! Airburst is a good player,very skilled
[/img]

:o sweet!
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 am

These are good, and it's a bit moving that you yourself are moved by these. Are you a collector of originals?

Does a complete encyclopedic compilation of WWII propaganda posters, perhaps organized by country of origin, exist? If not, would you like to compile one? If so, pm me at your earliest convenience.
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm

These are great, Haw Haw—thanks!

Tobias, there's a pretty good database here:
http://www.firstworldwar.com/posters/index.htm

For WWII posters, NARA and Northwestern are good (for Northwestern's, just search for the letter U. That will return all of their holdings)
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 am

Mr K by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr[][/img]

Mr.K
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 pm

[quote="cza"]These are great, Haw Haw—thanks!

Thank You for letting me do it sir....I wish only to bring glory to your reign.....God Save the King!!!
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Lol just checked all the propaganda, it's funny as hell ^^ Where do you find the typos?
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Eral wrote:Lol just checked all the propaganda, it's funny as hell ^^ Where do you find the typos?

Typos? I write them myself,based on art that I adapt from Propganda

[Image
The Show Must Go On by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr]

this one is all me,well TGR didnt review it,i just know what he would say if he did review it. it sounds like something he would say.lol.[/img]
Lord_Haw_Haw
level3
level3

Postby Lord_Haw_Haw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Eral wrote:Lol just checked all the propaganda, it's funny as hell ^^ Where do you find the typos?

There are sum where i just have to change or add a few words,this one i blacked out navy added Defcon,and flirted with the colors till i was happy. [Image
Join Defcon ASW by Lord Haw Haw Defcon Propaganda, on Flickr][/img]

Return to “General”