BANNED on SFCON

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Perhaps that should be a poll, minus the baby as prolonging it's life is selfish. ;p
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:55 pm

drmaxmore wrote:i got a better one

your on a spaceship travelling to earth from the moon with your wife and baby.

However theirs only 2 days of oxygen (for 2 and a half people) but its 4 days back to earth.

A. do you kill your baby and wife and save yourself

B. attempt to inpregnate your wife and kill yourself (hoping your genes live on in your potential child)

C. all die together by self destructing the ship

D. kill the baby and hope you and your wife make it through

Ok, so if I understand this correctly, killing one adult frees up oxygen for 2 more days for the other adult and killing the baby frees up enough oxygen for half a day for one of the adults (or six hours for both). There's 4 days to earh, and 2.5 days worth of oxygen for all three people. If that's the correct interpretation, then killing the baby doesn't buy you much. Killing one of the adults saves the other two.

Instinctively, humans will do what they can to insure the life of the child. So what you'll end up with is an argument about whether the mother or father should die. And in our culture, like many that have preceded it, the mother wins the argument. I probably wouldn't try for an exit-hump since that would waste a lot of oxygen.
drmaxmore
level1
level1

Postby drmaxmore » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 pm

its a pretty desperate situation and getting all scientific/anal about the air supply kudyata doesnt make one iota of difference

Me - I would push both my wife and baby out of the airlock and save myself

i would feel bad about it for sure but at least i wouldnt have to comfort a distraught baby and I would be alive.

+ i don't have a wife in RL so i am assuming that if i did i married for money and not love so killing my wife would also mean i get a huge windfall

:wink:
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Abandoning reason when things get tough is how people end up in prison.

Oh...
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:11 pm

LadySnowhitepink wrote:it seems i lost the subject here
banned on earth?
was it that?

:roll:

LOL
drmaxmore
level1
level1

Postby drmaxmore » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:43 pm

I suggested for the nice people working here that I take a flight education to become a Boeing or Airbus pilot, hah :-D I also asked for a chemistry set, but I obviously wasn’t allowed one (but they took the joke though…). I’m not the only one with a twisted form of humour here. :D Seriously though; The guards working here are actually very nice to people who follow their orders and are polite and nice towards them, so it is easier than I thought to be here. Several of the other prisoners here are very anti-social and oppose their authority.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:59 pm

Return to “General”