The "Openflow goes full Aspy" thread

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TGR
level3
level3

The "Openflow goes full Aspy" thread

Postby TGR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:53 pm

As some of you may know, I entered into a transaction with BGP aka Openflow recently. I sold him a unused svn registration for $250 US.

After trying to defraud me by filing a paypal dispute to get a refund - while still using the account I sold him - he entered a stage of "Full Aspy" never before seen.

This thread will document any and all future communications between myself and Openflow. Hopefully there are lols to be had from it!
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:55 pm

Full Aspy Log-001.

A private message from Bo to me entitled "Chris has been informed"

Dear Chris,

WHY WOULD YOU POST YOUR OWN PERSONAL DATA IF YOU DON'T WANT IT ON THE INTERWEBS <bert> , has openly and publicly admitted to violating Introversion's license agreement, to violating the first-sale doctrine and guilty of breaking U.K., U.S., and International Copyright laws, and he admits to being guilty of Intellectual Property Infringement. I paid him on July 17th 2012 in the amount of $250 USD for him to sell an UNUSED humble bundle source code svn account to me. He later changed the password on this account, locked me out and now retains access to the account that he claims to have sold to me. He has breached our written contract and in direct violation of international copyright laws. He has illegally profited $250 USD by re-selling through unlawful duplication of intellectual property that belongs to Introversion.

As such, his public posting of admission of guilt on these forums constitute a bona fide breach and violation of Introversion - Registration Agreement Terms. Specifically, he has been proven guilty of violating the following : "You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws." His post admitting to breaching Introversion's license agreement and violating International Copyright laws makes him guilty of "posting any material that may violate any applicable laws"... thus as moderator he are entitled and empowered to : "immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. "

http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/eviden ... 281%29.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/eviden ... 282%29.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/eviden ... 283%29.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/eviden ... 284%29.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/eviden ... %21%21.png
http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/eviden ... PayPal.png

Please review the evidence and inform me of the status of my request.

Sincerely,
Bo
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:14 pm

http://s3.amazonaws.com/OpenFlow/evidence/TGRsucks.png

TGR wrote:Chris really could not give a rats ass about this.

I sold you a svn registration -that was mine to sell. You received it then attempted to con me out of the money.

In the process you cost me money by plunging me into negative balance. You will regain access to the account during office hours - 9-5 - and only once the remaining balance has been deposited into my bank account.

No refunds will ever be offered or offered as the goods have been used by yourself and thus it would be against the licence terms to use the account myself.

Thank you for buying from me.
Have a nice day.

Explain to me exactly how I "cost you money".... I GAVE YOU $250 for NOTHING. I "cost" you money? Really? And how?

Additionally, you have forfeited your rights to receive payment due to your violation of the first-sale doctrine. You illegally maintained a duplicate copy to the account access that you claimed to have sold and transferred to me, thus negating the terms of our contract and violating not only Introversion's licensing terms but also International copyright laws and intellectual property laws. You breached the contract, you broke the law, therefore the account is no longer yours to sell and thus you have invalidated your entitlement to any payment. You are not entitled to illegally profit from the unlawful re-selling through duplicate distribution of Introversion's intellectual property.
Last edited by OpenFlow on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:25 pm

A new private message from Openflow:

Explain to me exactly how I "cost you money".... I GAVE YOU $250 for NOTHING. I "cost" you money? Really? And how?
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:26 pm

TGR wrote:A new private message from Openflow:

Too late for that... see my post above ^^^^^^^^^^

TGR Fail.

OpenFlow wrote:
TGR wrote:Chris really could not give a rats ass about this.

I sold you a svn registration -that was mine to sell. You received it then attempted to con me out of the money.

In the process you cost me money by plunging me into negative balance. You will regain access to the account during office hours - 9-5 - and only once the remaining balance has been deposited into my bank account.

No refunds will ever be offered or offered as the goods have been used by yourself and thus it would be against the licence terms to use the account myself.

Thank you for buying from me.
Have a nice day.

Additionally, you have forfeited your rights to receive payment due to your violation of the first-sale doctrine. You illegally maintained a duplicate copy to the account access that you claimed to have sold and transferred to me, thus negating the terms of our contract and violating not only Introversion's licensing terms but also International copyright laws and intellectual property laws. You breached the contract, you broke the law, therefore the account is no longer yours to sell and thus you have invalidated your entitlement to any payment. You are not entitled to illegally profit from the unlawful re-selling through duplicate distribution of Introversion's intellectual property.
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 pm

New PM, same story:

In the process you cost me money by plunging me into negative balance.

OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 pm

TGR wrote:New PM, same story:

In the process you cost me money by plunging me into negative balance.

You have forfeited your rights to receive payment due to your violation of the first-sale doctrine. You illegally maintained a duplicate copy to the account access that you claimed to have sold and transferred to me, thus negating the terms of our contract and violating not only Introversion's licensing terms but also International copyright laws and intellectual property laws. You breached the contract, you broke the law, therefore the account is no longer yours to sell and thus you have invalidated your entitlement to any payment. You are not entitled to illegally profit from the unlawful re-selling through duplicate distribution of Introversion's intellectual property.
AIRburst95
level3
level3

Re: The "Openflow goes full Aspy" thread

Postby AIRburst95 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:49 am

TGR wrote:As some of you may know, I entered into a transaction with BGP aka Openflow recently. I sold him a unused svn registration for $250 US.

After trying to defraud me by filing a paypal dispute to get a refund - while still using the account I sold him - he entered a stage of "Full Aspy" never before seen.

This thread will document any and all future communications between myself and Openflow. Hopefully there are lols to be had from it!

im not sure what aspy meant, but before i asked you i went to google and this is what it spit out

Code: Select all

Definition for aspy:
Web definitions:   
(Aspies) Asperger syndrome or Asperger's syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder that is characterized by significant difficulties...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspies
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:51 am

AIRburst95 wrote:
TGR wrote:As some of you may know, I entered into a transaction with BGP aka Openflow recently. I sold him a unused svn registration for $250 US.

im not sure what aspy meant, but before i asked you i went to google and this is what it spit out

Definition for aspy:
Web definitions:
(Aspies) Asperger syndrome or Asperger's syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder that is characterized by significant difficulties...

TGR wrote:
OpenFlow wrote:Thanks TGR. Nice doing business with you.

Thanks for paying my rent.

TGR wrote:Thanks for the dough boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TGR wrote:You paid then cancelled payment sinking me into negative balance. You cost me money as well by doing so.

TGR wrote:He conveniently misses out the bit where he files a dispute , plunging my Paypal into negative balance.

significant difficulties, indeed
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:23 am

AIRburst95 wrote:

Definition for aspy:
Web definitions:   

Oh he is definitely on the autism spectrum. That's for sure.
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:32 am

Laika_rus wrote:If he had access, why couldn't BGP just download the code ? Or it is tied to an account with some copy-preventing stuff ?

TGR doesn't own the copyright to the code. He is not selling me the raw code itself. That was never his to sell. He doesn't hold the copyright to Defcon source code. If someone sold you a book and then later stole it back claiming that you could have had an opportunity to make a copy of the contents of that book, well that is not a credible defense! He would still be stealing and breaking the law! Our agreement was that he would sell me the single-use license of an unused account and the account access credentials that come with it. Since this is an intangible good, the access credentials to the account is inseparable from the actual account itself. Pursuant to the first-sale doctrine, he cannot legally sell the source code and then financially profit from it if he does not also relinquish his access to the copy which he is selling. After he confirmed receipt of my payment in full he still retained access to that account and signed into the account again and later changed the password, thus violating the first-sale doctrine and infringing on copyright. This was a breach of contract and illegal access violation of my property. He no longer owned rightful access to that account and by signing in and changing the password to my account Ryan committed a criminal act of piracy, copyright infringement, intellectual property violation, digital theft and possibly illegal wiretapping. Imagine if you had purchased a house from someone and just because you forgot to change the locks and keys does this give the prior owner the right to enter your home at his whim? No... of course not! This would constitute breaking and entering and be a felonious act. Not only did he retain access to the account that he sold me, he later on revoked my rightful access to said account, and this is bona fide thievery. It is as if the former owner sneaked into your home while you weren't there and changed out all your locks and locked you out of your own house and then declared it his own! Ryan violated our contract, thus invalidating my duty to pay and his right to receive payment. By breaching the Introversion license agreement and violating International copyright and intellectual property laws Ryan has forfeited his entitlement to payment and invalidated his original ownership that would have allowed him to re-sell the account under the first-sale doctrine. As it stands, he is now holding my account hostage and refused to refund payment. He is a thief and a criminal and I will not let him get away with this illegal conduct and behavior. He is not entitled to illegally profit and financially gain from the unlawful re-selling through duplicate distribution of Introversion's Intellectual Property.

Return to “General”