More Units for Defcon?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pr.Jerry
level0

More Units for Defcon?

Postby Pr.Jerry » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:51 pm

Hi there

I like this game. And i also like that it hasnt got too many options and units or it would be too hard and complex but....i was wondering why there arent any updates which gave the game new units or places!
Australia & indonesia arent playable, why? No land units, Why? This game still has many things that could make it even better what do you think?
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:27 pm

There will almost certainly be no updates from IV. There are others who have the source code, but I have not heard any of them mention any plans to add more unity. It will probably not ever happen. As to geography, anyone can change the map, though the existence of six territories and a maximum of six players is hard coded.

xander
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:11 pm

If you say you like that Defcon doesn't have many units, Then why suggest more? If you simply want newer looking units, use some of the many mods made or make one to your liking.
Korean
level2
level2

Re: More Units for Defcon?

Postby Korean » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Pr.Jerry wrote:Hi there

I like this game. And i also like that it hasnt got too many options and units or it would be too hard and complex but....i was wondering why there arent any updates which gave the game new units or places!
Australia & indonesia arent playable, why? No land units, Why? This game still has many things that could make it even better what do you think?

The goodness of the game comes from its simplicity.

[EDIT] Also, there are mods for unlocking other nations... Australia Mod, Modern Warfare Mod, etc.

Return to “General”