Next Tourney [Planning]

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
k-dawg
level2
level2
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Postby k-dawg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 pm

cza wrote:Important question!


Will there be snacks?


this is of the upmost importantance.

i heard Kudyata will bring orange slices.
Sound design for games, interested?
sounds.kantouth@gmail.com

- South America
- K-Dawg
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:32 pm

What about a tourney with Naval and Blind nuking forbidden?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
Little worm
level3
level3
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:05 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Little worm » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:What about a tourney with Naval and Blind nuking forbidden?

Now i'm playing without both tricks but even i'm disagree with this idea.
It is part of the game,cmon.
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:45 pm

I'm just trying to get some actual input. :P

It seems as though nobody is really interested, so perhaps it's too soon to talk about a new tourney...
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
k-dawg
level2
level2
Posts: 207
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Postby k-dawg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:I'm just trying to get some actual input. :P

It seems as though nobody is really interested, so perhaps it's too soon to talk about a new tourney...


maybe too soon. but i love the idea of no-naval nuking! :D
Sound design for games, interested?

sounds.kantouth@gmail.com



- South America

- K-Dawg
User avatar
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Postby kudayta » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 am

k-dawg wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:I'm just trying to get some actual input. :P

It seems as though nobody is really interested, so perhaps it's too soon to talk about a new tourney...


maybe too soon. but i love the idea of no-naval nuking! :D


I'll bet you do. Hey I know, let's have a tournament filled with six-pack placing noobs and no pros but me! :)
User avatar
hooru1
level2
level2
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 am

Postby hooru1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:12 am

how about: a tourney where nukes fly at 80% of their current speed
User avatar
Zorotama
level5
level5
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 am
Location: 64x80

Postby Zorotama » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:What about a tourney with Naval and Blind nuking forbidden?


What about a tourney with blind nuking obligatory..i.e. with scouting forbidden?
User avatar
Laika
level5
level5
Posts: 1502
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Laika » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:21 am

Agreed with navalnuking restriction with exception for launching/pinging subs.
User avatar
jon
level4
level4
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Postby jon » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:49 pm

I dunno the differences between the different teams, but the best, most fun and fairest I played in was the 2v2 tourney where the sides were completely random and you just rocked up to the server and played.

Advantages:

1) Little hassle of organising: loads of games played
2) No player favouritism: you were stuck with your partner
3) Each game was completely different
4) Eliminated the problem of having two teams where, like the turgon 2v2 one, we ended up with one team always fielding mot/baton/rimmer meaning that realistically their team would win.

What is the point of removing arbitrary things like naval nuking? We're here to see the best defcon players and it's part of the game. I am not a great naval nuker, but I will suck it up.
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
Korean
level2
level2
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:56 am
Location: USA

Postby Korean » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:03 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:What about a tourney with Naval and Blind nuking forbidden?


Agree I hate naval nuking :)
User avatar
hooru1
level2
level2
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 am

Postby hooru1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:58 pm

no naval nuking is a good idea. even in the case of subs. no nuking anything that isn't a city, radar, airbase, or silo, period (unless it is an accident).

this will make subs stronger too, encouraging players to use them earlier.

all of this means faster games.

5 people agree it will be a good idea with no naval nuking (if u include ace)
Korean
level2
level2
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:56 am
Location: USA

Postby Korean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:36 am

hooru1 wrote:no naval nuking is a good idea. even in the case of subs. no nuking anything that isn't a city, radar, airbase, or silo, period (unless it is an accident).

this will make subs stronger too, encouraging players to use them earlier.

all of this means faster games.

5 people agree it will be a good idea with no naval nuking (if u include ace)


How would it be an accident... ?

Also, yeah, it would make battles alot more epic since players wouldn't be afraid of bunching their fleets together... Although, this means you've pretty much lost if your fleet is dead, since you cant nuke the enemy's fleet to oblivion.. maybe allow nuking once your navy is dead?
Korean
level2
level2
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:56 am
Location: USA

Postby Korean » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:38 am

k-dawg wrote:
cza wrote:Important question!


Will there be snacks?


this is of the upmost importantance.

i heard Kudyata will bring orange slices.


You are greatly mistaken. I am bringing orange slices. He's bringing Pretzels. Get your facts right :)
Noryb
level2
level2
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 am
Location: (UTC -8)

Postby Noryb » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:17 am

hooru1 wrote:no naval nuking is a good idea. even in the case of subs. no nuking anything that isn't a city, radar, airbase, or silo, period (unless it is an accident).


Why not phrase it as "only nuking things that you can lock on when targeting"? No way to have accidents there. Well, unless it's a coastal city and a ship is right next to it.

Anyway, I don't think I would play in that sort of tourney.


Korean wrote:
k-dawg wrote:
cza wrote:Important question!


Will there be snacks?


this is of the upmost importantance.

i heard Kudyata will bring orange slices.


You are greatly mistaken. I am bringing orange slices. He's bringing Pretzels. Get your facts right :)


Orange slices at halftime? What is this, Defcon: Soccer Mom Edition?

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests