66%
No
34%

Total votes: 32
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:"space bomers" is not cheating, it's a noob tactic which offers no advantage. Your bombers are too far away and once in the black area you lose control of them. Now if an other noob was to charge in to your fire than you would do some damage to him, but other than that if you want to lose control of all your bombers, sure send them up there.

Agree, not cheating but not quite sportive mode to fight. Have no problem with it, just go out of his radar range, do not waste fighters catching them up there (because they can not kill bombers) and let fuel range crash them down. At some point those bombers must return back and usually you lose control of them as mvpe said or they enter regular flight zone which is good moment to catch them.

But, it's good to know who likes to use it so we can use some other "tactic" more funny (dunno, for example sailing subs trough land from 1 ocean to another and so on) and we will see how much it will make them happy.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
[color=lime]4. Mrmot, the blind nuking king, beast and dishmaster! ++ >
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:02 pm

Baton101 wrote:
Zorotama wrote:
TGR wrote:You guys must lead really sad lives if you take this shit so seriously. However knowing what I now know, I will definitely be space bombering you in the near future. Much love guys.

You are only one of the thousands idiots that ruin the matches for all. Do what you want..but you will play alone soon.

Thats well said!

agreed

also im gonna use aussie subs from inside australia and have 12 silos cause you moved subs hrough the land lol
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:15 pm

nuclear cocaine wrote:also im gonna use aussie subs from inside australia and have 12 silos cause you moved subs hrough the land lol

Haha, just go through Bering and turn west, if you are Russia, for 12 silos.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:34 pm

He did Ive done it to him years ago when I was a nub like late 07 after seeing somone do it a couple games before. Just didnt remember.
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Postby -- Tobias -- » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:55 am

tllotpfkamvpe wrote: it's a noob tactic which offers no advantage. Your bombers are too far away

Unfortunately, while it is a noob tactic, it does offer a decided advantage. When launched into the black "properly," bombers are certainly close enough to rape all opposing northern naval. Moreover, while I once considered it symmetrical and not such a big deal, I now believe it is seriously asymmetric: Russia can do it much more effectively than can Europe. As the long-standing gentlemans agreement to avoid purposeful black has been torn asunder and this bug is now being actively exploited by some (with an apparent eye toward refinement), it should once again be a bannable offense imo.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:51 am

And who do you think you are?

Should i know you?

It was never anything but cheating, gentlemens dont do it.
But then, every generation goes through the same shit all over again.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:27 pm

a few days ago, one of my bombers run unintentionally in the black area and then i tried to drop the nuke but the nuke never reached enemy territory.a bug!
in defcon are still many bugs and many players are using bugs for an advantage. i have no prob with it.
but there is a solution, we should play minicom! bert worked hard for fixing those bugs and noone is playing with it :cry:
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:40 pm

Forever Young wrote:a few days ago, one of my bombers run unintentionally in the black area and then i tried to drop the nuke but the nuke never reached enemy territory.a bug!
in defcon are still many bugs and many players are using bugs for an advantage. i have no prob with it.
but there is a solution, we should play minicom! bert worked hard for fixing those bugs and noone is playing with it :cry:

I would be all for that.
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:00 pm

47 wrote:
TGR wrote:
Zorotama wrote:
TGR wrote:I will continue to use it because it is a great tactic. Some of the players here need to get over themselves.

Using a bug is obviously a cheating action..a player that uses a bug could be a funny guy if he uses it rarely for a joke, or a noob if he uses that to take advantages. Anyway Battletron as russia did not use it cause he is a real player...and that is enough for me. I don't know how you can call "great tactic" a bug of a software. Noobs

Can you please get over yourself? Thanks.

oh boy...another cry baby who cant even play fairly and need BUGS to get an upper hand....

keep up the good work...nooblet

If it was a bug, it would have been patched out.
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:46 pm

This glitched is designed for people who are learning like Korean he seems to find a way to loose every time we play. But hees dedicated to becoming a good player and will be one day :) here's dcrec I was Russia he was Asia I used Siberian glitch had 6 subs pop out of the middle of land another glitch this time tho I didn't have enough cities. In range to do damage
But I still wan Korean to gain everyone's respect you have to do wat I did and make good strategy and maneuvers till you figure out how to beat each one of us I'm still not as good as allot of these guys but will always put up a good fight and have a solid plan :)

http://defcon.lfo.fi/dcrec/2012-04/1v1t ... _08.17.zip
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:
47 wrote:
TGR wrote:
Zorotama wrote:
TGR wrote:I will continue to use it because it is a great tactic. Some of the players here need to get over themselves.

Using a bug is obviously a cheating action..a player that uses a bug could be a funny guy if he uses it rarely for a joke, or a noob if he uses that to take advantages. Anyway Battletron as russia did not use it cause he is a real player...and that is enough for me. I don't know how you can call "great tactic" a bug of a software. Noobs

oh boy...another cry baby who cant even play fairly and need BUGS to get an upper hand....

Mate i have told before and i will tell it again...

Introversion know about this for looooong time, and they dont fix it, reason... they got their time a resources for other games.. just look at other topics you will know about their financial crisis and stuff :)
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Nightwatch wrote:
And who do you think you are?

Should i know you?

It was never anything but cheating, gentlemens dont do it.
But then, every generation goes through the same shit all over again.

ITS ALIVE....ruuunnn
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:48 pm

ruuunnn

Don't bother. You just end up being caught between a rock and a hard place.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:36 pm

Nightwatch wrote:
ruuunnn

Don't bother. You just end up being caught between a rock and a hard place.

you mean... Resistance is futile...
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:
47 wrote:
TGR wrote:
Zorotama wrote:

Wrong, just plain wrong. I can not count on my fingers and toes how many games with so many bugs that have been left in there by the devs. Just becasue it is not worth the time and money to patch a game with just one or two bug fixes.

Return to “General”