R3Ds 1v1

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Postby R3D » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:29 pm

jon wrote:Can I choose now? If so I choose Care Bear


no me and nuki are infront of you, and im not sure we do the picking or we do what zoro suggested

can all players that go on to knockout round piz confirm that they wil play?
User avatar
Mrmot
level4
level4
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby Mrmot » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:31 pm

I am very busy this days and not playing too much. Other reason is pc which is dying and i am waiting to get delivered for new one (ordered and payed, i7 2600).
Anyway will play my games just do not hurry me up.

:)
[color=lime]4. Mrmot, the blind nuking king, beast and dishmaster! ++ >
User avatar
Little worm
level3
level3
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:05 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Little worm » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:14 pm

R3D wrote:
Little worm wrote:Players which played 2-3 games automatically earned 5-6 points and are higher than me in draft picks.I`m finally outta this tournament of shame.


blacky the 6 best (high ranking places ) are for group winners i gave duse 1 point in your group, he miss a game vs a player that have 0 points and a - killscore
i think its the most fair so yes he win your group, that means no matter how many points i gave to other players in other groups you will not be in the top 6

why are you bitching all the time cmon i try to make this fair for all if you have a better solution say it here instead of threaten by leaving

:(
R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Postby R3D » Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm

i have taken back the free points i gave, players wil be rankede after games they have playede for the 1 knockout round, and i wil reset score so group winners get 2 points, 2nd wil get 1 point and 3th wil get 0 points

first round we wil play like zoro suggested next rount you wil pick who you play (if you get here)
you stil get points for games you win(not the 3th game if first 2 is a draw)
R3D
level3
level3
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:15 pm
Location: danmark

Re: R3Ds 1v1

Postby R3D » Tue May 01, 2012 6:01 pm

R3D wrote:knock out round
G...............................H
1 1th/Byron............2...F.Y................1.....................Byron vs K-dawg
2 1th/Jon................2...Taz...............1.....................Jon vs Care bear
3 1th/Black out........2...Nukerain.........1.....................Black out vs Zorotama
4 1th/R3D...............2...Broset Stalin..1......................R3D vs Yellow cake
5 1th/Mrmot............2...Yellow cake....0.....................Mrmot vs Broset Stalin
6 1th/Tobias............2...Zorotama.......0.....................Tobias vs Nukerain
7 2th/Schubduse......1...Care bear......0.....................Schubduse vs Taz
8 2th/Ace Rimmer....1...K-dawg..........0.....................Ace Rimmer vs F.y)
User avatar
jon
level4
level4
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Postby jon » Wed May 02, 2012 1:11 am

So... I am playing Bear? Care Bear, let me know when you wanna play...
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
User avatar
Zorotama
level5
level5
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 am
Location: 64x80

Postby Zorotama » Wed May 02, 2012 10:49 am

Blackout, I have some trouble days in front of me..and I see a new job in the horizon. So..I hope we can schedule our matches :).
User avatar
Little worm
level3
level3
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:05 pm
Location: Moscow

Postby Little worm » Wed May 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Zorotama wrote:Blackout, I have some trouble days in front of me..and I see a new job in the horizon. So..I hope we can schedule our matches :).

Sure,my lord.
User avatar
Zorotama
level5
level5
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 am
Location: 64x80

Postby Zorotama » Thu May 03, 2012 8:05 am

R3D, I'm confused about the system..please enlight me..

I think that is not so beautiful the "pick a player" solution..at least not in this way, cause people with 2 points if they pass they will go in I group while people with 0 points if they pass they will go surely in J group. I disagree that points of group phase are so important in the next stages...above all points obtained in a so strange way.
Like in a soccer cup, once you pass the group phase there is no memory of how you passed it..you just need your qualification. Or at least a new start for points count. In my condition, for example, If I will pass this phase I will have 2 points totally..so I would be in J group..no chances to be in I group. I repeat, could be your idea of tourney...but I would pay the fact that I never seen Stealth Mode for the matches. Is not a bit irrational?

I think, but obviously is just my idea, it's better a scheduled groups..like champions league or world cup.
User avatar
Forever Young
level5
level5
Posts: 1440
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:48 pm
Location: Black Forest Germany GMT+1

Postby Forever Young » Thu May 03, 2012 9:41 am

yeah, i am also confused because Byron (pro player) can pick k-dwag(weak player)!? i see no sense in it and it is unfair for k-dwag. btw, i have no prob to play against ace! :)
maybe a stupid question but have we still 2 games to play( reverse terry )in the knockout round like in the first round?
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
...
Noryb
level2
level2
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 am
Location: (UTC -8)

Postby Noryb » Thu May 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Forever Young wrote:yeah, i am also confused because Byron (pro player) can pick k-dwag(weak player)!? i see no sense in it and it is unfair for k-dwag. btw, i have no prob to play against ace! :)


Well things are a little skewed since we didn't finish the group stage, but that is how most tournaments work. The top players play the worst players after the group stage/round robin, It's a way of rewarding doing well in it. That probably applies more to physical sports, where you would otherwise have an incentive to not play so hard in the first stage, but it's reasonable for it to carry over to here.

Hah, also I'm not sure about the "pro player-weak player" thing. He's perfectly capable of beating me, and has done so plenty of times.


Forever Young wrote:maybe a stupid question but have we still 2 games to play( reverse terry )in the knockout round like in the first round?


I assume so.
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu May 03, 2012 3:48 pm

F.Y., if you're around today. let's get our games played. :D
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
Zorotama
level5
level5
Posts: 1508
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 am
Location: 64x80

Postby Zorotama » Thu May 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Noryb wrote:
Forever Young wrote:yeah, i am also confused because Byron (pro player) can pick k-dwag(weak player)!? i see no sense in it and it is unfair for k-dwag. btw, i have no prob to play against ace! :)


Well things are a little skewed since we didn't finish the group stage, but that is how most tournaments work. The top players play the worst players after the group stage/round robin, It's a way of rewarding doing well in it. That probably applies more to physical sports, where you would otherwise have an incentive to not play so hard in the first stage, but it's reasonable for it to carry over to here.

Hah, also I'm not sure about the "pro player-weak player" thing. He's perfectly capable of beating me, and has done so plenty of times.


Forever Young wrote:maybe a stupid question but have we still 2 games to play( reverse terry )in the knockout round like in the first round?


I assume so.


Anyway my idea was different..and the problem is another one. If you are the first in your group you have the right to pick the player (the group of betters and the group or the worst)...but after the first knockout round what happen if a worst beats you? In R3D's way the worst that beats you goes on in the next stage of tourney BUT ever in a new group of worsts..and this is absurd. And then..sports tourney "thinks" different..the top plays the worst..but with an automatic selection (the first of a group with the last of another, etc etc) and anyway after the group phase we have only challenges (or in or out) so no reason to has the memory of the points until the final. And finally..I repeat..It's not my fault if I didn't play all my group matches..I did 2 wins and 1 loss..and passed the phase with 0 points (I would have had a better score losing both matches vs Stealth..heh)..so..no problem about who plays who..but don't tell me that a sport cup is sheduled in this way.
User avatar
Schubdüse
level5
level5
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue May 08, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Seoul

Postby Schubdüse » Wed May 09, 2012 9:22 am

Taz, do you read your pm's?

Edit:
(WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Just recognised: Gold Badge!)
User avatar
jon
level4
level4
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:15 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Postby jon » Sun May 13, 2012 2:03 pm

Care Bear is having PC problems after his Linux upgrade, but we will play soon. Apols for delay
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest