Moderator: Defcon moderators

Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:53 am

Schubdüse wrote:
cza wrote:
Schubdüse wrote:
carebear wrote:that's probably what I did but well .. if there's a tourney we'd better play games for it .. :| .. that's all I'm sayin ..

I meant non-team game for tourney.
Remember? We are playing FlexiTeam modus!

No, Turgon changed his mind. See our discussion on February 29th under the Tourney sign-up thread (around page three or so).

Turgon: "Your right. Only team play. mrmot/nuki v Schubs/brosef . Dont wanna cause too much problems for the stats master"

Then, why didn't nobody answer this? (Written on 6th of March)
Schubdüse wrote:I'm a little confused. We still do play the FlexiTeams™ mode, do we?

And why is this still not changed?
Turgon wrote:The rules will be standard Ace Rules, (slightly edited) and the stats will be done by cza and FF. We shall also go with FlexiTeams™

Post screen shots here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=8111

Rules

What are FlexiTeams™?

A combination of InstaTeams™ and PermaTeams™. You play as an individual and for your team. Each player will have an ELO-esque rank which will be updated each time they play. There will be two 'teams' and players can choose to play a team vs team game (Team Member A/A vs Team Member B/B) Any games with A/A vs B/B will be counted ranked as an individual and team game. Team games are mandatory.

Why FlexiTeams™?

PermaTeams™ provide great team 'spirit' and encourage competition but due to low numbers of Defcon players, creates unbalanced results (elites vs noobs/newbs, active vs hardly here, etc) and often prevents games from actually starting because you can end up with 10 people from one team showing up with 1 person from the other (when you need at least two).

"Go Team Edward!!", "Grr, Team Jacob" *smacks Team Edward with shovel*

No Instateams

Because like you, I don't always have time duse 8)
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:04 am

Would somone send me the pw for the tourney server please?
Id like to watch a game or two.
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:56 pm

Nightwatch wrote:Would somone send me the pw for the tourney server please?
Id like to watch a game or two.

Well, it would be much better and interesting if you signup and instead watching, play game or two.

password not needed once game started

:mrgreen:
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:38 pm

Turgon wrote:But if something like this is so traumatic for you 2 :roll: (mot, bat) please feel free to leave. I'm not going to beg you to be reasonable.

Dont test me,i'm know for doing stupid thing especially now when i have 10% less brain.

To be reasonable...thats an insult...
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Mrmot wrote: Well, it would be much better and interesting if you signup and instead watching, play game or two.
Cant make it for this tourney - no time and no training - but hopefully i can come back in a couple of months.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Baton101 wrote:
Turgon wrote:But if something like this is so traumatic for you 2 :roll: (mot, bat) please feel free to leave. I'm not going to beg you to be reasonable.

Dont test me,i'm know for doing stupid thing especially now when i have 10% less brain.

Lol well sorry for your lack of brain density. My thinking is this. jon and carebear to mot and you (Baton) move to schubs. Not for sure yet but Im leaning heavily towards this solution.

mrmot keep your bellyaching to a minimum please
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:46 pm

Turgon wrote:
Baton101 wrote:

Lol well sorry for your lack of brain density. My thinking is this. jon and carebear to mot and you (Baton) move to schubs. Not for sure yet but Im leaning heavily towards this solution.

No way.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:47 pm

Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:
Baton101 wrote:

No way.

You don't have much of a choice mot but your input is always welcome
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:48 pm

Turgon wrote:
Baton101 wrote:

1 noob for 2 noobs :P if you want baton we want ace
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Turgon wrote:
Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:
Baton101 wrote:

No way.

Well, you insist to force it and we will not team up them. At least, not me. And not because have something against them but because you insist on it no matter we made teams. You just complicate it too much and problems started when you have not allowed hooru to join. So, or let us play as we started, without too much interference or do not waste our time.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:01 am

Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:
Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:
Baton101 wrote:

No way.

Well, you insist to force it and we will not team up them. At least, not me. And not because have something against them but because you insist on it no matter we made teams. You just complicate it too much and problems started when you have not allowed hooru to join. So, or let us play as we started, without too much interference or do not waste our time.

omg mot try to at least read a post before you respond to it. Its not about you guys constantly playing together, Its about schubs team having more active players than yours. And you mention huuuro/zorosdog again. My god man just leave that one alone. Tell you what mot, if you have a better solution to get your team more active Im all ears. If you don't have anything constructive and/or positive to say keep your comments to your self. Id much, much rather move nuki than Baton. You keep him and Nuki can come over to schub. Nuki isn't very active in 2v2 and jon and carebear are. Does that work for you or are you going to be traumatized by this too. And if this is just a big waste of time for you then I suggest that you leave the tour. But its up to you.
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:13 am

move me wherever u want. You're all making this unbelievably complicated. So much for future tourneys
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:43 am

Turgon wrote:
Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:
Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:
Baton101 wrote:

No way.

omg mot try to at least read a post before you respond to it. Its not about you guys constantly playing together, Its about schubs team having more active players than yours. And you mention huuuro/zorosdog again. My god man just leave that one alone. Tell you what mot, if you have a better solution to get your team more active Im all ears. If you don't have anything constructive and/or positive to say keep your comments to your self. Id much, much rather move nuki than Baton. You keep him and Nuki can come over to schub. Nuki isn't very active in 2v2 and jon and carebear are. Does that work for you or are you going to be traumatized by this too. And if this is just a big waste of time for you then I suggest that you leave the tour. But its up to you.

Well, if you wanted to have more games you should have allowed flexi-team solution with random selection which worked fine and without problems. But, you wanted fixed teams all costs - we made them and now in the middle of tourney you want to change it. Ppl have own life and will play when they can so where is problem about it. Lady, zoro, cza and others will play when they find time. We do not make question about it's only you who insist. And besides that, we already seen in past many players signup tourneys but just few play.
Already told you - no trading players at the moment (only if schubi, me and interested players agree about it) and place new players where ever you want. This becoming more and more ridiculous.
Last edited by Mrmot on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:50 am

Nukraine wrote:move me wherever u want. You're all making this unbelievably complicated. So much for future tourneys

Well instead of moving anybody how bout you inactive players start playing some games then nuki. Nothing more complicated than that! That way no one gets moved, mot, r3d and baton can play with each other until their willies fall off and I can stop answering stupid, irrelevant, dumb time wasting posts. Problem solved any every ones happy right? Nope not here. For what ever reason common sense seems to elude most of us when it comes to tour games. Some want fun and enjoyment, others are looking for stats and status. Thats where the problems start i think.

All I would like to see is a LOT of games played by the slim majority of the players that signed up. If someone out there in the multiverse can suggest a better way of doing that, I'm completely open to it. If not, then moving a few players that are active around doesn't seem to be a bad idea. Hell I don't even have to be the one who makes the player choices. Mot and Schub can do that. That's why I made them captains. But move two active's from schubs and one not so active from mot so we can get more games going.

EDIT: mrmot its been brought up by several players in a few posts in and around here and in 4 separate pms to me.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 am

Hehe, that's a real early drama for a tourney. :P
But every tourney needs a drama.

I would suggest to wait untill this weekend is over.
Mrmot, let's pm our team members and ask them when they want to start to play.
Maybe we have some time zone issues here. Btw, I don't like the idea to trade players, who have already played for their team.

The pause duration is still not fixed. The server just closed when Ace, Baton, R3D and me were about to end the game.
R3D dropped and after some minutes on pause the server shut down.
Maybe this is also preventing players to play?

Edit: As captain I would like to accept Batons surrender and claim a victory for Team HOTU.
But before I post this game, I would like to hear the opinions of some specs (I think some Worm Dings were around) and R3D.
Were Ace and me about to win this game?
Last edited by Schubdüse on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.

Return to “General”