General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:51 am

cza wrote:
Schubdüse wrote:
carebear wrote:that's probably what I did but well .. if there's a tourney we'd better play games for it .. :| .. that's all I'm sayin ..

I meant non-team game for tourney.
Remember? We are playing FlexiTeam modus!

No, Turgon changed his mind. See our discussion on February 29th under the Tourney sign-up thread (around page three or so).

Turgon: "Your right. Only team play. mrmot/nuki v Schubs/brosef . Dont wanna cause too much problems for the stats master"

Then, why didn't nobody answer this? (Written on 6th of March)
Schubdüse wrote:I'm a little confused. We still do play the FlexiTeams™ mode, do we?

And why is this still not changed?
Turgon wrote:The rules will be standard Ace Rules, (slightly edited) and the stats will be done by cza and FF. We shall also go with FlexiTeams™

Post screen shots here: http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=8111

Rules

What are FlexiTeams™?

A combination of InstaTeams™ and PermaTeams™. You play as an individual and for your team. Each player will have an ELO-esque rank which will be updated each time they play. There will be two 'teams' and players can choose to play a team vs team game (Team Member A/A vs Team Member B/B) Any games with A/A vs B/B will be counted ranked as an individual and team game. Team games are mandatory.

Why FlexiTeams™?

PermaTeams™ provide great team 'spirit' and encourage competition but due to low numbers of Defcon players, creates unbalanced results (elites vs noobs/newbs, active vs hardly here, etc) and often prevents games from actually starting because you can end up with 10 people from one team showing up with 1 person from the other (when you need at least two).

"Go Team Edward!!", "Grr, Team Jacob" *smacks Team Edward with shovel*

No Instateams

cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 am

Because it has been a self-generated discussion over different pages without anyone waiting for Turgon's input, I would guess.

Flexi teams are going to be annoying if allowed. I currently have a nice, large spreadsheet, and I don't want to have to add/track a duplicate W-L-T column to represent non-team games played.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:17 pm

I agree with CZA.

By the way, all this arguing and no one seems to be playing? Every match seems to have a combo of mot/R3D/baton playing. Where are all the other players?

Jon
http://15percentfaster.com is my new website.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Teams - 2 players from the same team can partner up and play. Can not intermix Schub players with mot players. only Mot players vs schub players will be counted as a tour game.

@jon - Ive also noticed this. There are lots of mot team members around to play. I have already notified team mot that Id like to see r3d and mot play with their other team members. If this continues Ill move a few team members to alleviate the problem
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:43 pm

cza wrote:Flexi teams are going to be annoying if allowed. I currently have a nice, large spreadsheet, and I don't want to have to add/track a duplicate W-L-T column to represent non-team games played.

I'm not an expert in spreadsheets, however, I can tell you that you don't need a duplicate column. You just need to have a team indicator and then let the spreadsheet identify only true team games and ignore the rest. I used 'a', 'b', 'c', etc.

Example (simplified)

Code: Select all

(mrMot\R3D vs Ace\Schub)
1 mrMot  |  A  (1st position in log, check for 1-2 match, 1-4 and 2-3 mismatch, 3-4 match, marked as team game 'x')
1 R3D    |  A  (copy above indicator 'x' or blank, for non-team game, ie. if # = above line then copy indicator, otherwise do check)
1 Ace    |  B  (ditto)
1 Schub  |  B  (ditto)

(mrMot\Ace vs R3D\Schub)
2 mrMot  |  A  (1st position in log, same checks as before, 1-2 mismatch, marked as non-team game 'blank')
2 Ace    |  B  (ditto)
2 R3D    |  A  (ditto)
2 Schub  |  B  (ditto)
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:56 pm

jon wrote:I agree with CZA.

By the way, all this arguing and no one seems to be playing? Every match seems to have a combo of mot/R3D/baton playing. Where are all the other players?

Jon

i will be part later on
these days impossible for me to play
too much life too much work
but good :D
danke
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Turgon wrote:Teams - 2 players from the same team can partner up and play. Can not intermix Schub players with mot players. only Mot players vs schub players will be counted as a tour game.

@jon - Ive also noticed this. There are lots of mot team members around to play. I have already notified team mot that Id like to see r3d and mot play with their other team members. If this continues Ill move a few team members to alleviate the problem

Well, i do not know what logic is this but in any tourney it is TEAM who participate that decides who will play and not who manage tourney . You can not decide for us who will face for example ACE & SCHUB. The main goal is team victory and consequently WE (not YOU) decide who will fight certain players and who will wait his moment, so i do not care too much what you would like to see. I ,like player, want to decide who will be my teammate. So if we do not agree about this you can end tourney this moment. We have teams and we play. Take me away anybody of my players and i am out.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Mrmot wrote:
Turgon wrote:Teams - 2 players from the same team can partner up and play. Can not intermix Schub players with mot players. only Mot players vs schub players will be counted as a tour game.

Well, i do not know what logic is this but in any tourney it is TEAM who partecipate and not who manage tourney that decides who will play. You can not decide for us who will face for example ACE & SCHUB. The main goal is team victory and WE (not YOU) decide who will fight certain players and who will wait his moment so i do not care too much what you would like to see. I want to decide who will be my teammate, not you. So if we do not agree about this you can end this tourney this moment. We have teams and we play. Take me away anybody of my players and i am out.

yep kick this noob of mot team and make it to R3D team, the king wil take over and give us glory!!! and kill the schubi Bolsheviks :o

:D :lol:

btw i dont see a problem i wil play wet all and i know mot wil do the same maybe you shut move more active players too us ? (maybe move ACE to us :wink: )
Last edited by R3D on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:41 pm

Nice, Ace, but your Excel Wu-Tang Style is unstoppable!
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:37 pm

From watching him play I think TAZ is BATTLETRON how he loads up on fighters silo and fleet position ..... Ill bet its him
Baton101
level4
level4

Postby Baton101 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:40 pm

Changing and putting some unlogical rules will make some people quit the tourney.including me.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Need one Worm Ding.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 pm

Baton101 wrote:Changing and putting some unlogical rules will make some people quit the tourney.including me.

Changing rules??? I said id move players. There are always several schub players around and not to many mot players so maybe exchanging a few might help things out. But by all means baton if you'd like to quit please do. In the end it won't make much of a difference anyway
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Mrmot wrote:

Well, i do not know what logic is this but in any tourney it is TEAM who participate that decides who will play and not who manage tourney . You can not decide for us who will face for example ACE & SCHUB. The main goal is team victory and consequently WE (not YOU) decide who will fight certain players and who will wait his moment, so i do not care too much what you would like to see. I ,like player, want to decide who will be my teammate. So if we do not agree about this you can end tourney this moment. We have teams and we play. Take me away anybody of my players and i am out.

Read the post to baton. Same applies to you or anyone else for that matter. You guys need to relax a bit. Its only a game man :shock:
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:17 am

LadySnowhitepink wrote:
jon wrote:I agree with CZA.

Jon

i will be part later on
these days impossible for me to play
too much life too much work
but good :D
danke

Hi Pink. Glad to hear your life gets in the way of this damn game :lol: You'll be more than welcome when your ready to have a few games.

@mrmot, Baton & R3d - Sorry if I come across as rude and unyielding. I'm a bastard :shock:
Mrmot your the captain of your team and as such are expected to at least try to include your team mates in some of your games. Baton and R3d as well. You 3 are the most skilled players in your group and have a lot to offer your fellow team mates in terms of tactics and strategy. I'm not saying that you guys should completely stop playing with each other. That would be dull and boring and that's not fun. Just try to play with others on your team too.

Soooo all that being said what id like to suggest is maybe trading a few players to mots team (that are active) and taking 1 a from mots team and putting them on schub's. This may get more games going.

But if something like this is so traumatic for you 2 :roll: (mot, bat) please feel free to leave. I'm not going to beg you to be reasonable.

Return to “General”