2vs2 [TUFT] Rants and Discussions

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

k-dawg
level2
level2

Postby k-dawg » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:19 pm

we need to actually have a play-chart.

match players up with eachother, skill wise. kind of like uh... well, brackets.

:\
that's the only way i see everyone getting a chance to play. find your oponents, set a time / day to have a match. instead of this "show up whenever the fuck you feel like it" attitude going around. :\

i'm all for getting my ass kicked. but i'd like some order. being on a team is a nice start :)
Sound design for games, interested?
sounds.kantouth@gmail.com

- South America
- K-Dawg
Laika
Site Admin

Postby Laika » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:19 pm

I have lots of work to do this week so probably will not be able to play until weekend.

PS - I don't like idea of changing rules after the beginning of tourney.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 pm

I won't object, if the majority wants to restart the tourney. There, I would like to hear some comments about this issue from some other players.
And we should think about, if it's really worth to discard the games we already have.
I mean, how can we be sure, that the whole mess won't start again? We first devide up the most active players?
Let's consider we keep the teams. Is Team HOTU really much stronger, because Motty left the Horn Dings?
R3D already wants to have Ace Rimmer. That would mean Ace, Baton and R3D in one team. :shock: Be honest nub, this is megalomaniac!

Edit:
k-dawg wrote:we need to actually have a play-chart.
that's the only way i see everyone getting a chance to play. find your oponents, set a time / day to have a match. instead of this "show up whenever the fuck you feel like it" attitude going around. :\
i'm all for getting my ass kicked. but i'd like some order. being on a team is a nice start :)

Since you don't believe me, I tell you what: Before YOU will make this chart, pm ALL tourney players. If you receive from ALL tourney players an answer in ONE week, I will call you my personal master. Additionally, I will believe that your suggestion will work.
Last edited by Schubdüse on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Schubdüse wrote:I won't object, if the majority wants to restart the tourney. There, I would like to hear some comments about this issue from some other players.
And we should think about, if it's really worth to discard the games we already have.
I mean, how can we be sure, that the whole mess won't start again? We first devide up the most active players?
Let's consider we keep the teams. Is Team HOTU really much stronger, because Motty left the Horn Dings?
R3D already wants to have Ace Rimmer. That would mean Ace, Baton and R3D in one team. :shock: Be honest nub, this is megalomaniac!

i lost both mot and baton
k-dawg
level2
level2

Postby k-dawg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:47 am

Schubdüse wrote:
Edit:

Since you don't believe me, I tell you what: Before YOU will make this chart, pm ALL tourney players. If you receive from ALL tourney players an answer in ONE week, I will call you my personal master. Additionally, I will believe that your suggestion will work.

i hope you didn't take a negative tone from my post, merely suggesting things, wether they're implemented or not, that's your call. just adding my two cents.
- after all, if (and this is a huge if) shit falls apart, i can say i tried to help out :)

my "show up whenever the fuck you feel like it" comment was directed to the other players, not the organizer.

i would offer to help with said chart, but i don't know the players well enough to be honest. again, it was just a suggestion.

i really hope no negative tone was picked up in my post. i'm never an angry person (unless you're my ex. then im pissed at you...)
Sound design for games, interested?

sounds.kantouth@gmail.com

- South America

- K-Dawg
Nukraine
level2
level2

Postby Nukraine » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:07 am

i would agree to tourney restart.

Can we have a poll?
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 am

well we could restart or if ace dosnt mind he could be moved to r3ds team. R3D, Nuki and ace are very good players. That would even things off nicely. And I wouldnt throw out what we have now either. But if you'd like a poll we could do that too.

@ laika. No prob. cu on the weekend
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 am

The best thing would be if turgon stop to interfere and we continue to play. He is the first who is not active so what we are talking about??. Or even better he should just resign and let experienced player to lead (Schubi, Ace for example) this. I appreciate his try to organize tourney but is obvious he is not just good for that job. People do not accept changes of rules once tourney started. All we have now is no torney server empty despite players are present. Everybody moved to regular sfocn servers, no competition.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:27 am

ok here is my two cents - I have over 3 years experience organising poker tournaments in working mens clubs in London so i know how hard it is to organise large groups of people to play games and feel like they had a fair go.

1. Make new teams (include me if you need a extra player - my machine is good now)
2. Make new rules for tourney and STICK TO THEM -
3. MAKE IT CLEAR - to all entries that these teams are immovable (BEFORE IT STARTS)
4. MAKE IT CLEAR - that entry into tourney means you have accepted the teams and rules in 1.2.3.
5. RESTART TOURNEY

NOTES: whatever happens someone will find that unfair - thats human nature and you could get drawn into the team that looks like it will lose on paper. BUT consider this - you have not paid money to enter tourney, there are no cash prizes and we all are behind nicknames so its not like you will embarass your family publically by losing.
The tourney is to stimulate interest in DEFCON and to give us all something to chat about - we all been waiting a LONG TIME for a decent 2v2!

I will happily substitute anyone who cannot take the humiliation of potentially losing or the new rules - i LOVE a impossible game....
i know i should not
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:22 pm

k-dawg wrote:
Schubdüse wrote:
Edit:

i hope you didn't take a negative tone from my post, merely suggesting things, wether they're implemented or not, that's your call. just adding my two cents.
- after all, if (and this is a huge if) shit falls apart, i can say i tried to help out :)

my "show up whenever the fuck you feel like it" comment was directed to the other players, not the organizer.

i would offer to help with said chart, but i don't know the players well enough to be honest. again, it was just a suggestion.

i really hope no negative tone was picked up in my post. i'm never an angry person (unless you're my ex. then im pissed at you...)

Nah, I'm not especially angry at you. I'm just more and more annoyed by that kind of posts. Because we already have discussed it a lot of times.
The problem is, that many new players "fart out" an idea without thinking about it and believe they are smart hotshots (not especially directed at you).
Most of these ideas are in principle great, but they just don't work. Why?
I think you're smart enough to figure it out by looking at my post above.
So far, InstaTeams and FlexiTeams worked well.
TUFT seems to be another example that PermaTeams might not be the ideal mode for 2vs2 tourneys. (But I still believe in it...)

What I also hate are those players who sign-up and never show up again.
I'm not talking about players who start to play later in the tourney or only play few games, because of real life issues.
Nobody is forcing you to join a tourney. But if you join, you have a responsibility to contribute to the tourney.
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:24 pm

Mrmot wrote:The best thing would be if turgon stop to interfere and we continue to play. He is the first who is not active so what we are talking about??. Or even better he should just resign and let experienced player to lead (Schubi, Ace for example) this. I appreciate his try to organize tourney but is obvious he is not just good for that job. People do not accept changes of rules once tourney started. All we have now is no torney server empty despite players are present. Everybody moved to regular sfocn servers, no competition.

lol its only you and baton that have quit. That leaves a whole lot of players other than the two balkan babies that want to play. There were no rule changes at all and your fit over moving a player to your team to make it a more enjoyable experience for every body shows all you care about is your games and your balkan baby friend. The only rule change there will be is redefining Flexiteams for the next go around to avoid the shit you were pulling. You do something like this every tour mot. In schubs tour when thing were going bad for you, you would suddenly have connection problems. And it goes on and on and on with you. My only mistake so far is I thought you could be impartial enough to be a captain FOR your team. Well you couldn't. My bad. Im sure the next captain will do a much better job. But I will add this. You and Baton are most welcome to rejoin. Ive got np with either of you other than you big heads and mouths but I can live with that however both you and baton shouldn't expect to be treated any differently than anyone else that has a bad attitude. Remember that you two have R3ds 1v1 if you dont want to play here.

@all current tour players = The poll suggests a restart. I think we will do that. Im also thinking that we might need to pick different captains. Schub is very busy during the week dissecting amoeba so I don't know if he has the time to do the job. R3d is still a good choice but we will see later today. Ill make the flexiteam redefinition after work today and we will go from there. btw welcome back Moth. You are in for the next go around.

EDIT: Btw mot the two most senior players in this tour are Ace Rimmer and you guessed it ... me. Ive played since late 2006 early 2007 and I think Ace has been around since then too. Ive seen many tours and have had many great games with players that unfortunately arn't around any more. So if you choose to make a comment on experience I suggest that you get you facts straight first.
Last edited by Turgon on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:36 pm

Turgon wrote:Im also thinking that we might need to pick different captains. Schub is very busy during the week dissecting amoeba so I don't know if he has the time to do the job.

Just to pick the teams, again?
Or do you think, I should have invested more time as captain? Then you better pick another one.
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.
R3D
level3
level3

Postby R3D » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Schubdüse wrote:
Turgon wrote:Im also thinking that we might need to pick different captains. Schub is very busy during the week dissecting amoeba so I don't know if he has the time to do the job.

Or do you think, I should have invested more time as captain? Then you better pick another one.

let s not do that let me do the 2 teams i wil make them fair,so no captains,onlig one king :P
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 pm

R3D wrote:
Schubdüse wrote:

let s not do that let me do the 2 teams i wil make them fair,so no captains,onlig one king :P

No i think u r doing fine duse. But as the tour gets to the end the captains bwill have a larger roll to play. Just making sure u will have time

i also have a spare defcon key ill donate to the cause. Thatb will give us 2 servers. Ill pm sen and see if he can set it up for us
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Turgon wrote:No i think u r doing fine duse. But as the tour gets to the end the captains bwill have a larger roll to play. Just making sure u will have time

Could you explain that role more in detail. Maybe via pm if it's required? Then we can better decide, if I should resign.
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.

Return to “General”