The old Ranking Thread 2012 Defcon History!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

you would

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:44 am

:( Doesn't surprize me, I am always underestimated!
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Re: you would

Postby kudayta » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:47 am

TOM BUSCH-US wrote::( Doesn't surprize me, I am always underestimated!

It's not because I think he's a better player Tom, it's because I think you've pushed him too far. Dude's out for blood now.
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

lol

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am

maybe! :)
Tsar Bomba
level1
level1

true ratings

Postby Tsar Bomba » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:47 am

I think F.Y. has done a tremendous job compiling this list and reviewing games on his own time - Thank You!

That being said, the list is still subjective - as TOM has pointed out, again, and again, and again, and again... ah hmm... If someone wanted to undertake the task (read: not Tsar Bomba), we could have an Elo rating system like they do in chess. There are simple programs for computing the score. Here is one example used in chess clubs: http://www.garnergaggle.org/papa/chess/ELORater/

Simply put, everyone starts at a rating of 1500 and either goes up or down based on wins or losses. If you are a high ranked player (say 2000 or above) and you play a lower ranked player (1500 or so) your score will only slightly increase if you win, if you lose it will drastically decrease. There is a bit of a problem seeing how all games are not equal - asia/russia; africa/eu. I think that with enough games that could be overcome; it could also be possible to award a certain number of points to the underdog - maybe 25 or so for asia/russia, i.e., asia would have to win by more than 25 points to get the win. There are already a number of games on record on sfcon and dedcon servers. You could go back one year and calculate score up to present. Obviously there are a few problems that need to be explored: how do you calculate 2v2 games and such; is there such thing as a draw (if i lose by 2 pts there is a very good chance that something is going to be broken in my flat!); which games qualify (tournaments might be a good way to go)...

I do like F.Y.s ranking systems, and for the most part it seems about right - for currently active players. The point of this ramble is that there will always be people who think they are ranked higher than they are because this is a subjective list. And TOM will continue to post his miraculous wins against pros - whilst forgetting that he lost to them the previous 10k times.
TOM BUSCH-US
level2
level2

I see

Postby TOM BUSCH-US » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:52 am

to win only once is all that is required to display capability!!!! But there will be more wins in the future. count on it!!!!!!That said inact your new rating system, im game, make it for the 1v1 sfcon servers random and default!
Forever Young
level5
level5

Re: true ratings

Postby Forever Young » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:24 am

Tsar Bomba wrote:I think F.Y. has done a tremendous job compiling this list and reviewing games on his own time - Thank You!

That being said, the list is still subjective - as TOM has pointed out, again, and again, and again, and again... ah hmm... If someone wanted to undertake the task (read: not Tsar Bomba), we could have an Elo rating system like they do in chess. There are simple programs for computing the score. Here is one example used in chess clubs: http://www.garnergaggle.org/papa/chess/ELORater/

Simply put, everyone starts at a rating of 1500 and either goes up or down based on wins or losses. If you are a high ranked player (say 2000 or above) and you play a lower ranked player (1500 or so) your score will only slightly increase if you win, if you lose it will drastically decrease. There is a bit of a problem seeing how all games are not equal - asia/russia; africa/eu. I think that with enough games that could be overcome; it could also be possible to award a certain number of points to the underdog - maybe 25 or so for asia/russia, i.e., asia would have to win by more than 25 points to get the win. There are already a number of games on record on sfcon and dedcon servers. You could go back one year and calculate score up to present. Obviously there are a few problems that need to be explored: how do you calculate 2v2 games and such; is there such thing as a draw (if i lose by 2 pts there is a very good chance that something is going to be broken in my flat!); which games qualify (tournaments might be a good way to go)...

I do like F.Y.s ranking systems, and for the most part it seems about right - for currently active players. The point of this ramble is that there will always be people who think they are ranked higher than they are because this is a subjective list. And TOM will continue to post his miraculous wins against pros - whilst forgetting that he lost to them the previous 10k times.

thx tsar! i will check that elo ranking.i think it is a very good idea. but at the moment i will do my list again because i have not enough time.
@ tom bush, if you don`t want to be on the list, it is okay to delete you from there. but before read all please!
:)
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style
let's dance for a while
heaven can wait
we're only watching the skies
hoping for the best
but expecting the worst
are you gonna drop the bomb or not?
Little worm
level3
level3

Postby Little worm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 am

So Tommy i will find u on servers these days. We will play 3 times and i will post photos:)
Wish u gl.
Forever Young
level5
level5

Postby Forever Young » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Brosef Stalin wrote: AND 31st Brosef Stalin, The Forgotten *> Beating people with no acknowledgement since 2012.

SFCON: 1v1 Random
2012-03-04___01:43_-_02:30
1 Brosef Stalin
2 kudayta
dcrec

LFO::1v1 TotallyRandom : 2012-03-02 03:16:10 - 03:58:11
1 I got no Swag (Brosef Stalin) (123)
2 Tobias (48 )
Green wins with 123 : 48
dcrec

Need more Proof? Just ask I got more games beating other good players. =)

@brosef, how long you are playing defcon?
it seems you have a new name but you are an old player because of your well played recs.
i have still to check your rank and recs, but at the moment i think you need a very higher rank!
you can also pm for discretion! :)
i also think about to delete you from my list. i already have a few ideas who are you!
WeAreDefconBastardsNotTerrorists

Let's dance in style

let's dance for a while

heaven can wait

we're only watching the skies

hoping for the best

but expecting the worst

are you gonna drop the bomb or not?

carebear
level3
level3

Postby carebear » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:51 pm

omg !! \o/ ... i'm first of two years experienced players and first of "newcomer! the new star? " category !! wooohooo ... \o/ ..
but .. mmhh .. I see mistakes in this rating ... R3D can't finish a game in tournament cause his network connection is too scared of seeing him losing O.o ... and someone told me Ace Rimmer have Alzheimer !! .. How could they be so high ??!!! lol

c ya :)
carebear
level3
level3

Postby carebear » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:52 pm

.. I just phonecalled mom to tell her ... she kisses all of you :)
Little worm
level3
level3

Postby Little worm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:08 pm

Always the same ironic posts.
Not funny anymore,annoying.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:43 pm

Don't worry dear, I had faith in you since you were a little baby and all the community laugh on me for that.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Zorotama wrote:

Don't worry dear, I had faith in you since you were a little baby and all the community laugh on me for that.

While I'm still laughing (in a kind way), I also see the potential of TOM BUSCH-US. His strength is his unpredictability.
Several times he has caught me off guard. But his weakness is his impatience.
Patience Tommy, patience...
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:58 pm

Never underestimated you.

Only mistake made in defcon was overestimated some total noobs like R3D.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
hooru1
level2
level2

Postby hooru1 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:39 pm

tom busch is not a very skilled player, but at least he has fun playing. that is much more important.

Return to “General”