Drawing Defcon... And friends

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:50 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:Incorrect. There was a time I tried to be one of the 'upstanding' members of the DEFCON community.

Then I realised that by and large y'all are just a different brand of suck, so I stopped.

Incorrect, you either already are or or not 'upstanding'. The Defcon community has nothing to do with that. :P
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Incorrect, you either already are or or not 'upstanding'. The Defcon community has nothing to do with that. :P

You didn't even know me until I started posting in threads like these, don't pretend you ever have.

But that does go to prove my point. Deluded self image, yalalala. I'm a morally eclectic, mean, asocial dick - but I'll admit that. 8)

Basically I'm being shit to people who've proven they're not worth being nice to. Mad, baddie?
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 pm

Kangaraptor wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Incorrect, you either already are or or not 'upstanding'. The Defcon community has nothing to do with that. :P

You didn't even know me until I started posting in threads like these, don't pretend you ever have.

But that does go to prove my point. Deluded self image, yalalala. I'm a morally eclectic, mean, asocial dick - but I'll admit that. 8)

Basically I'm being shit to people who've proven they're not worth being nice to. Mad, baddie?

Hahahha, you just proved my point.

You said you 'stopped' being 'upstanding' and I said you either are or are not, the community here doesn't have anything to do with your 'upstandingness' and then you admitted you were a "a morally eclectic, mean, asocial dick".

Sure I don't know you and don't claim to, but I do know human nature. :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:16 pm

roflamingo wrote:Your response - to appeal to people of "authority" to inflict punishment and silence my voice - is childish.

I was gonna say "Here, let me help you down off that cross" but I think that image is funnier.

You're being mean to a girl for no good reason. Stop it.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:47 pm

Hmm, it seems like I'm missing a lot here.
All the guys who are hating FF must have some intel, I don't have.
FF was always kind to me. We had some nice games, I know her real voice and her drawing of me was really funny.
If this defines her as an attention whore, I'm the mother of all whores. Remember SCHUFT? Remember the pictures of my daughter?
I'm the f*cking attention whore here. (No wait, Mr. Rimmer here has more than 5000 posts! :P) Who cares? All this Defcon stuff is just for fun.

As long as I don't know this intel, I'm a member of this pity-party.
Is it about being a prostitute? Even if it's real.... Muhahahahha, I was a sperm-donator, a pharmaceutical tester, and a plasma donator. I was a total body-whore.
Stop to be hypocritical...
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:55 pm

kudayta wrote:
roflamingo wrote:Your response - to appeal to people of "authority" to inflict punishment and silence my voice - is childish.

I was gonna say "Here, let me help you down off that cross" but I think that image is funnier.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this. If you see any "girls" around that haven't wasted an inheritance, whored themselves out from boredom, or posted pictures of their heroin rehab bed in a taxpayer-provided hospital, let me know so I can stop being mean to them.

Attention is attention right? Or did you not hear how all of this was self-inflicted?
The Mighty Santa
level2
level2

Postby The Mighty Santa » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 am

kudayta wrote:

Why do you always have to be so anti-religious? We know how you feel for Christianity and religions in general, but please keep them to yourself.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 am

roflamingo wrote:I actually laughed out loud when I saw this. If you see any "girls" around that haven't wasted an inheritance, whored themselves out from boredom, or posted pictures of their heroin rehab bed in a taxpayer-provided hospital, let me know so I can stop being mean to them.

Attention is attention right? Or did you not hear how all of this was self-inflicted?

Who cares what she's done? I'm pretty sure you're not footing the bill (even in part) for her hospital stay, and I'm pretty sure you're not sleeping with her (or have even slept with her in the past). So, what's end game look like to you here? Keep in mind that I'm not questioning your iconoclastic credentials, I'm just not seeing your reasons here.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 am

The Mighty Santa wrote:Why do you always have to be so anti-religious? We know how you feel for Christianity and religions in general, but please keep them to yourself.

Tell you what, if you can get religions in general to keep to themselves for a full year, I will keep my atheism to myself.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:16 am

The Mighty Santa wrote:
kudayta wrote:

Why do you always have to be so anti-religious? We know how you feel for Christianity and religions in general, but please keep them to yourself.

Most of us stopped believing in Fairy Tales a long time ago.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 am

kudayta wrote:
roflamingo wrote:I actually laughed out loud when I saw this. If you see any "girls" around that haven't wasted an inheritance, whored themselves out from boredom, or posted pictures of their heroin rehab bed in a taxpayer-provided hospital, let me know so I can stop being mean to them.

Who cares what she's done? I'm pretty sure you're not footing the bill (even in part) for her hospital stay, and I'm pretty sure you're not sleeping with her (or have even slept with her in the past). So, what's end game look like to you here? Keep in mind that I'm not questioning your iconoclastic credentials, I'm just not seeing your reasons here.

My motivation is to help those who are capable of helping themselves but are operating under an illusion that this person is their friend, needs their sympathy and well-wishes, and that somehow they are more worthy of attention than a million other better causes.

I feel the same way about other falsehoods too. Maybe I'm just tired of all the lying that goes on in the world.

What's yours?
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:47 am

roflamingo wrote:
kudayta wrote:

My motivation is to help those who are capable of helping themselves but are operating under an illusion that this person is their friend, needs their sympathy and well-wishes, and that somehow they are more worthy of attention than a million other better causes.

I feel the same way about other falsehoods too. Maybe I'm just tired of all the lying that goes on in the world.

What's yours?

Well, I'm in favor of being nice to the woman because she's in a bad spot. According to some relatively simple game theory (see Prisoner's Dilemma Game), it's best to "cooperate" first and then do whatever your opponent did to you in the previous round. We can extend that simple game to more complex situations and find that being nice in situations like this tends to lead to better outcomes for oneself. It's purely selfish that I'm nice to anyone, if for no other reason than I'm not Jackie Chan and can't take all of you on if you show up at my home with pitchforks and torches. Being generally nice means that it's less likely that you will burn my house down. And that's just the abstract mathematics behind it. I could rant at you for hours about the inherent social nature of our species.

Now I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here believes that her situation is more worthy of attention than say, ending hunger in Africa or bringing peace to the Middle East. That said, it is a situation that is right in front of us, and a few kind words can aid in her healing. As for your categorizing her as a friend, perhaps I simply have a broader notion of that concept than you do. I've spent some time chatting with her on the 'net, and I find that company to be quite pleasing. No different than any number of characters I've encountered online over the years. She is my friend.

You wish to alleviate people of their delusions, that's great. So do I. I don't see that there's any quantifiable or qualifiable benefit in your actions though, even if what you're saying is 100% true. Since what you're saying means that Fox has done nothing to harm this community, people are going to defend her and you're going to look like an ass.
Kangaraptor
level2
level2

Postby Kangaraptor » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:06 am

kudayta wrote:

My friends and family foot her bill, though. I don't 'cause I don't work (students yay). But yeah, see that thing about profligates.

Not only that, but I don't sit here making posts about how I'm clinically depressed and at real risk of failing my education, do you? No, 'cause I'm not an attentionwhore and I know that as a male nobody here, or anywhere could care less. :3
Maybe one day.
When we're all cats...
... on Mars.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:25 am

Kangaraptor wrote:
kudayta wrote:

My friends and family foot her bill, though. I don't 'cause I don't work (students yay). But yeah, see that thing about profligates.

Not only that, but I don't sit here making posts about how I'm clinically depressed and at real risk of failing my education, do you? No, 'cause I'm not an attentionwhore and I know that as a male nobody here, or anywhere could care less. :3

You guys have a nationalized health care system. It wouldn't matter if she had broken her legs skateboarding or had pancreatic cancer, your (friend's and family's) tax burden would've been the same. The only thing you can do is to vote for whatever Aussie political party is opposed to Medicare (or move to America...or Somalia).

As for her profligatic tendencies, see where I ask "Who cares?".

Is your real point that you don't like that men and women are treated differently in social settings Kanga? There's some validity to that mindset. But attacking a woman because she's not a man isn't the best way to express it. It just makes you look like a misogynistic tool.

Now look, I remember when you would whine and whine to me on Steam chat about how she wouldn't talk to you anymore. You were absolutely heart broken that she stopped talking to you. That was over a year ago. Get the fuck over it.
roflamingo
level3
level3

Postby roflamingo » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:27 am

kudayta wrote:
roflamingo wrote:
kudayta wrote:

What's yours?

Well, I'm in favor of being nice to the woman because she's in a bad spot. According to some relatively simple game theory (see Prisoner's Dilemma Game), it's best to "cooperate" first and then do whatever your opponent did to you in the previous round. We can extend that simple game to more complex situations and find that being nice in situations like this tends to lead to better outcomes for oneself. It's purely selfish that I'm nice to anyone, if for no other reason than I'm not Jackie Chan and can't take all of you on if you show up at my home with pitchforks and torches. Being generally nice means that it's less likely that you will burn my house down. And that's just the abstract mathematics behind it. I could rant at you for hours about the inherent social nature of our species.

Now I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone here believes that her situation is more worthy of attention than say, ending hunger in Africa or bringing peace to the Middle East. That said, it is a situation that is right in front of us, and a few kind words can aid in her healing. As for your categorizing her as a friend, perhaps I simply have a broader notion of that concept than you do. I've spent some time chatting with her on the 'net, and I find that company to be quite pleasing. No different than any number of characters I've encountered online over the years. She is my friend.

You wish to alleviate people of their delusions, that's great. So do I. I don't see that there's any quantifiable or qualifiable benefit in your actions though, even if what you're saying is 100% true. Since what you're saying means that Fox has done nothing to harm this community, people are going to defend her and you're going to look like an ass.

I'm not here to argue with you. You are free to associate with who you want. And now that you've be warned, you can make better choices.

As far as looking like an ass is concerned, that market is something many of us share, yourself included. So before you take the opportunity to educate me on societies, save it, because you are doing the exact same thing and building the exact same cross.

As far as what other people on this forum think about anything, they are free to build their own societies and include/exclude who they want. It's a magnificent waste of time and I thought you were a better man than to rail against Christianity but at the same time condemn other people's free-thinking.

BTW, I sure hope that hospital bed is comfortable and she is getting all the love and attention her precious heart needs, because in my experience it doesn't matter how much love, money or dick you put into a woman like that, the hole cannot be filled.

Return to “General”