Working On Some Dedicated Servers

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

carebear
level3
level3

Postby carebear » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:17 pm

hmmm .. ok ok ... but you were right .. it must be a fulltime job to produce all these stats ... I just want to have fun .. not to spend hours and hours of counting daed, wins, losses and nukes used .. O.o ...
I already give up .. hope somebody will be more courageous .. :S
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:04 pm

wow

I used to run Poker Tourneys (easy as chips decide) - and I was always getting greif from players for making levels to tight or something.

But to work out a faur way of doing defcon tourneys I am stumped - this looks like a pain in the neck!
i know i should not
cdoublejj
level0

Re: Working On Some Dedicated Servers

Postby cdoublejj » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:40 am

The Joker wrote:Hey guys. Just as a heads up, I am working on getting dedicated servers up for DEFCON & Multiwinia(provided by Introversion Tournaments, and I am looking for a sponsor from Branzone.com so I can have servers up 24/7). I was able to get Dedcon and set up a test server of my own, and it seemed to work. But I am unable to figure out any sort of way of getting a hold of Dedwinia(dedicated servers for Multiwinia). If you guys could let me know on how to acquire it, that would be greatly appreciated(I added Bert The Turtle and Jelco on Steam if they can help me)

As of right now, I have 1 server for DEFCON configured for Tournaments only(using tournament settings). If you guys would tell me whats your favorite gamemode to play(FFA, Diplomacy, 2v2) if I do get approved for a sponsorship, I'll configure some servers for those gamemodes and settings so that you guys can play anytime(apart from on our Tournament servers).

-------------------------------------

Join Introversion Tournaments!

Visit Our Community Forums!

where do you get a hold of the dedicated server software? or is it just part of the back end/file folders of the game?
MolliKosach
level1
level1

Postby MolliKosach » Thu May 18, 2023 10:21 pm

Dedicated servers are the real deal when it comes to hosting your online presence. Picture this: you have a whole server just for yourself, no sharing with other websites or applications. This means you get all the resources, power, and control to yourself, resulting in improved performance, faster loading times, and better security. It's like having your own private island in the digital realm! Dedicated servers can be a good fit for both small businesses and large enterprises, depending on their needs and budget. When choosing a provider, make sure to consider factors like reliability, customer support, server customization options, and scalability for future growth. Remember, a dedicated server is your castle in the cloud!
ColevSoda
level1
level1

Postby ColevSoda » Thu May 18, 2023 10:38 pm

Greetings, network users! Let me shed some light on dedicated servers for you. With Your own single CPU server you have full control over your hardware and software configurations, allowing you to adapt. The server is equipped with a high-performance processor, ample RAM, and lightning-fast storage that ensures uninterrupted operation even during peak loads.
Whether you need to run resource-intensive applications, host several websites, or handle large volumes of traffic, a dedicated server not only helps you do just that but also gives you the freedom to install your own software. Apply security measures and optimize performance as you see fit.

Return to “General”