Couple of ideas for any future updates or maybe a Defcon 2.

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Pure Amazing
level1
level1

Couple of ideas for any future updates or maybe a Defcon 2.

Postby Pure Amazing » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:48 am

My first idea is basically choosing a policy for your continent which can effect what strengths you have. You can choose 1 out of 3 policies. The first one is the Technology policy which increases the combat range of all your ships, aircraft and air defence silos. The second one is the Military policy allows you to deploy more ships and airbases etc. The third and last policy is the Nuclear policy which allows you to place more silos but these silos do not act as air defences, they are only open silos. Just in case people want a normal game, in the advanced options you should be able to turn this off.

My second idea is for land units and how they work. Land units are called Armies and are placed down at the start of the match like a ship and can move around freely like ships. They have two attack modes "Ground" which allows the unit to attack ground targets and "Anti-Air" which allows the unit to attack Aircraft. They can traval on ground or by sea, when at sea they are on transport ships you could say, but they are very vulnerable to ships and aircraft since they can not fight back and there defence is down. So this idea for a new unit that allows you to have a free moving unit and make anphibious assualts.

Please leaves comments, I would like to know what you think.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:22 pm

Everyone knows that Defcon 2 would suck. You can't launch nukes until Defcon 1.

xander
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:09 pm

xander wrote:Everyone knows that Defcon 2 would suck. You can't launch nukes until Defcon 1.

This comment becomes progressively more silly each time you post it.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:13 pm

For land units i dont think there is any way to fit them into the game. On the world scale they are tiny, on the strategic scale they are meaningless and on the time scale they are immovable.

The idea about choosing some trait i kinda like. Calling it a political system fits the games-theme, but no illusions, people wont choose it for roleplaying more then once or twice, while pretty much else in the game represents itself, thought in some abstract way.
From your proposals i like bigger combat range, but more units seems a bit dull to me. Maybe some variants of radar ranges and attack/defense odds would be nice.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:29 pm

trickser wrote:For land units i dont think there is any way to fit them into the game. On the world scale they are tiny, on the strategic scale they are meaningless and on the time scale they are immovable.

Some have tried to change Defcon into a land unit only game (myself included), however there is a stumbling block with sailable.bmp and node routes. That is, simply turn all planes/ships images into land unit images; bombers could be nuclear artilery, fighters some kind of armored assualt vehicles/infantry/tanks, etc.

trickser wrote:From your proposals i like bigger combat range, but more units seems a bit dull to me. Maybe some variants of radar ranges and attack/defense odds would be nice.

Isn't what you're referring to here called BigWorld?
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
trickser wrote:From your proposals i like bigger combat range, but more units seems a bit dull to me. Maybe some variants of radar ranges and attack/defense odds would be nice.

Isn't what you're referring to here called BigWorld?

No. Did you just refer to BigWorld?

Well yes, BigWorld, but with the (pureAmazing) addition of everyone have to choose a own world scale.
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:37 pm

i dont think there should be any change

games FXXXXXg perfect

xanders right
Pure Amazing
level1
level1

Postby Pure Amazing » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:28 pm

A8U51V3 M0TH wrote:i dont think there should be any change

games FXXXXXg perfect

xanders right

I never said that these ideas must be made immediatly they are just ideas
And how can xander be right if he was just joking around???
A8U51V3 M0TH
level3
level3

Postby A8U51V3 M0TH » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:47 pm

never a truer word said in jest???
i know i should not

Return to “General”