Final Level, Final Boss [End Aug 12, 2011]

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:05 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Ok, how about this (MOR), for every five games you play, regardless of win/lose, you'll get point/s back. However, you can't go beyond the starting point, e.g. if we start out with 100 pts each, and you never ever lose but play 500 games, you still end with 100 pts (and uber reputation).

Nice, but if you play 30 games and you lost 3 and the shame-point = -3 and the back-point = 1 per 5 games, you will finish with -9+5=-4 from your start rank ?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:33 pm

This is for example purposes only:

(MOR) starts with 100 glory points.
(MOR) playes 30 games.
(MOR) loses 3 games out of 30 (27:3:0, W/L/D)
(MOR) ends with 100 - 9 (shame) + 6 (30 games/5) = 97

Most likely, Bosses will start with 100 (you win all games!), challengers will start at 0 (you win no games :( ) and we'll see if anybody can get close to a Boss score. You'll get more for 1v1, probably half 1v1 points for playing 2v2, and 1/3rd for 3v3. Still have decided (read that as thought almost nothing about it).
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote: I offered Vicious 2 weeks honorary boss status if he beat zoros dog in 1v1 last night (just for kicks, 3 weeks if he did it with 6-ship fleets). Recording. Hint, check the first post for status.

<insert here Captain Picard's facepalm>
Like the result wasn't known beforehand :mrgreen: Calling people noobs is one of vic's specialties, playing Defcon, however isn't :mrgreen:

Also, didn't read all the scoring system stuff, I hope Ace will sum it up in a short post when it is finally decided :roll:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:
Most likely, Bosses will start with 100 (you win all games!), challengers will start at 0 (you win no games :( ) and we'll see if anybody can get close to a Boss score. You'll get more for 1v1, probably half 1v1 points for playing 2v2, and 1/3rd for 3v3. Still have decided (read that as thought almost nothing about it).

It's ok with the-per-5 bonus for activity but think more about a small-cut bonus for the win.. :wink:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Why, we're going on the assumption that you will win everytime anyway, isn't that enough? O_O
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:59 pm

Ace, how will the game mode work? Anything like "King of the Hill"?

Bosses are sitting on the Olympus and the pesky challengers have to challenge them?
I think this will not work. Who would be so stupid to challenge the "vulture" of Defcon?
At least in the 1vs1 mode challengers have to play according to some list: You can't challenge a boss a second time, if you haven't played the other bosses before. (Or anything similiar to that.) <><><> ... we need more bosses. :wink:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:Why, we're going on the assumption that you will win everytime anyway, isn't that enough? O_O

Just for we have two ways to clean our shame :P

Schubdüse wrote:Ace, how will the game mode work? Anything like "King of the Hill"?

Bosses are sitting on the Olympus and the pesky challengers have to challenge them?
I think this will not work. Who would be so stupid to challenge the "vulture" of Defcon?

Please not, and no one will challange me not because of the "vulture" thing, but the "bor" thing..
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

You know how I am, the less restrictions the better. I would hope that people will play all the bosses, but won't hold them to it, and no rules on who you can play, or when, or king of the hill_you_must_challenge_and_defeat_A_before_B rules. This is a pure bar room brawl, street fight, Neo giving the 'come and bring it hand gesture to Mr. Smith' kind of tourney.

However, I think in order to get people to really have a true boss opinion of you, you probably will need to defeat every boss more than one time and have a good win record overall.

Edit: I will make a trophy of some sort for anybody that does really well, so that would require playing all bosses a few time (there's only four now, and maybe will be five, he's thinking on it).

Edit2: As of now, is there anybody you could put together to be the favorite vs Ace/Mike/Nighty, or Ace/(MOR)/Nighty, or Mike/(MOR)/Nighty, or Ace/Mike/(MOR) in any territory setup? :wink:
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:20 pm

rus|Mike wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote: I offered Vicious 2 weeks honorary boss status if he beat zoros dog in 1v1 last night (just for kicks, 3 weeks if he did it with 6-ship fleets). Recording. Hint, check the first post for status.

<insert here Captain Picard's facepalm>
Like the result wasn't known beforehand :mrgreen: Calling people noobs is one of vic's specialties, playing Defcon, however isn't :mrgreen:

Also, didn't read all the scoring system stuff, I hope Ace will sum it up in a short post when it is finally decided :roll:

You try playing with 6x fleets again, muppet!
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:29 pm

I see. In that case I have my own playing plan. It's like playing R-Type or Katakis. I will play the (MOR) level so long till I have defeated "TEH Vulture". Then I move to the next level. (I think, I have just doomed myself to play the first level forever.)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 pm

That's a good plan, except for all the flaws in it. :P

(MOR), you have challenger #1, hehe.

By the way, challenger vs challenger or boss vs boss wont count, that includes mixing teams in 2v2 or 3v3. (e.g. (MOR)/Night/zorros dog vs schub/mrmot/vicious)
Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Bosses are normally the 'evil' characters, so why would anyone want to be a boss? As a side note, I think Dr Robotnik would be a fine boss representation of nightwatch. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The first Boss in Ninja Gaiden is an "honourable" Boss, and a friend of the protagonist (youtub it), but I suppose it's up to the individual how they are perceived by the challengers.
My perception of the Bosses and Challengers would be in parallel to Sumo, where the up and coming Rikishi are held in mild contempt by the Yokozuna (or Grandmasters), until they build up the skill level to join their ranks.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:41 pm

Im a boss. I live in the abandoned pits of the dark kingdom. My hands are machines and I have thousands of them. May gaze is a machine and I see the adventurers failing aeons before they arrive at me. My heart is a machine and it cant stop beating but its relentless thirst for the blood of the innocent as driven me crazy somewhere at the beginning of the sentence.
Last edited by trickser on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Nice!

On a side note: Mr. Roboto was playing when I read your post. :P No Sleep Till Brooklyn came on after. Strange shuffle.
martin
level5
level5

Postby martin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:37 am

What the hell, I'm in as a challenger

I will lose, terribly, but maybe I'll learn enough to make my bot awesome ;)
GENERATION 22:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “General”