End of [SCHUFT] on 28th of June

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 pm

You sure Schubi that you can end the tourney? Afterall, you couldnt even start it. I had to do it.
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 pm

Nightwatch wrote:You sure Schubi that you can end the tourney? Afterall, you couldnt even start it. I had to do it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blackbeard
level4
level4

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:55 pm

Scrubby need to re-find the fun of Defcon. Throw out BOR subs for a start, and vow to play a game Nightystyle, ie: by barely communicating with your ally :lol: . You will end far fewer games with AN HEADHAMMER (and karma might smile and give nicer territories too...).
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:07 pm

From Anonymous wrote:
morning

groete lies belonging to you?

really its ugly to burn schubis work like that
:(

I found that pm in my box.. I can't say he lies, but what he said isn't true, maybe a black joke but dunno.. In conclusion I didn't say that and the recording is avalaible if someone want to check the chat.

And I never try to ruin the tourney, the proof is that I come each day to watch the games.. But the bad is Schuby didn't listen to us nor discuss better that "Random Alliences" setup and the result is the trouble coming from that setup..

In another conclusion I was on the way to join the tourney, I discussed some rules, I didn't find any better on them, then I kept away.

Edit: Hahah, I like this "(MOR) said me yesterday morning" damn you
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:43 pm

(MOR) wrote:
From Anonymous wrote:
morning

groete lies belonging to you?

really its ugly to burn schubis work like that
:(

I found that pm in my box.. I can't say he lies, but what he said isn't true, maybe a black joke but dunno.. In conclusion I didn't say that and the recording is avalaible if someone want to check the chat.

And I never try to ruin the tourney, the proof is that I come each day to watch the games.. But the bad is Schuby didn't listen to us nor discuss better that "Random Alliences" setup and the result is the trouble coming from that setup..

In another conclusion I was on the way to join the tourney, I discussed some rules, I didn't find any better on them, then I kept away.

Edit: Hahah, I like this "(MOR) said me yesterday morning" damn you

:shock: I'm getting (MOR) and (MOR) confused. For the record: In case somebody believe I sent this pm, I wasn't.
I can understand, why somebody has sent this pm. However, I would prefer that people say their opinion openly.

Hehe, I think I have enough material for nice conspiracy story now. :mrgreen:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:48 pm

I know who sent this pm, just I didn't like to show who is.. Just a thing, you know me better, I always attack in the face and not behind the others..

But I still blame you about the "Random Alliance" thingy :wink:
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Schubdüse wrote:
Groeteschele wrote:Just for the record, because I feel guilty of this.

(MOR) said me yesterday morning: Hey, random alliance sucks, can you do something for me? Refuse to play with someone, no matter the reason. There will surely be a big rant about penalty after that and sensitive Schubi will prematurely close whole tourney and announce new one without random alliances. That's what I want and you have enough victories in this circus so far.

:shock: You must be kidding! Please tell me that you are kidding.
Mike are involved into this, too?

Ehehehehe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: No, I wasn't involved in anything :mrgreen: Did you have your OH SHIT moment? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT:
Give Groeteschele "Best joke of the season" award :mrgreen:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Ahem, I agree that the tourney should go on, and more badges should be awarded.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Groeteschele
level2
level2

Postby Groeteschele » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Schubdüse wrote: :shock: I'm getting (MOR) and (MOR) confused. For the record: In case somebody believe I sent this pm, I wasn't.
I can understand, why somebody has sent this pm. However, I would prefer that people say their opinion openly.

Hehe, I think I have enough material for nice conspiracy story now. :mrgreen:

Just for the record and to feed up the conspiracy, it was Lady who sent that anonymous. :twisted:
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:08 pm

Some info for the end of SCHUFT.

- Tomorrow is the last "day". To cover all time zones, I will accept all games which will be started till 11:59 pm gmt-13.
- Screenshots can be posted till 11:59 gmt+2 on Monday the 20th.
- Because Nightwatch started SCHUFT in the first place, he thinks that only he can end it. Well anybody who wants to run "Zombie SCHUFT" or whatever can have my data.

Thanks to all who were part of SCHUFT. Apologies go to Fitxa and Drakken for the abrupt end.

Cheers
Schub
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:35 pm

You really insist to end tourney this way?

:shock: :shock:
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Mrmot wrote:You really insist to end tourney this way? :shock: :shock:

Look brat,
I invested hours and hours into the stats and badge system. I even calculated many values from Nighty's screenshots, because the numbers were blurred.
What was my motivation? Firstly, it was fun. Secondly, as an admin of SCHUFT, I owned the players serious stats. Since yesterday I have lost the fun. And some well respected players are still joking and mocking around. (Oh yes, one of my OH-SHIT moments.)
It means I'm not dedicated anymore. But a tourney needs a dedicated manager. If players can't understand why I bail out, they just should take up the job.
I have offered my data. So far nobody wants to take over. Anybody?
To be honest it's actually not really a bailing out. So far we have 73 games and there are still some screenshots missing I guess. In the end we might have reached 80 games in only 4 weeks!
In S5 around 90 games were played in about 2 months. Regarding game numbers SCHUFT was quite successful and in my opinion it's worth to be called a real tourney. It will end tomorrow.
LadySnowhitepink
level3
level3

Postby LadySnowhitepink » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 pm

you got more positive feedback then bad
no need to end
you did a good job
if you finish finish it
but with a smile on the face :wink:
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:13 pm

LadySnowhitepink wrote:if you finish finish it but with a smile on the face :wink:

Believe me, I will finish it with a smile...because you are about to win [SCHUFT]. :twisted:
Vorsprung durch Kraft - Triebwerke saugen - Präzisionsarbeit... Schubdüse.
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Schubdüse wrote:Believe me, I will finish it with a smile...because you are about to win [SCHUFT].

I told you she was aces. Though maybe we need to have me and Tobias superteam face her and her ideal partner.

If it has to end, it has to end. Thanks for a good tourney Schub-a-dub. I thought it was run just fine, though I can tell you are an iron-chef type of judge. I thought random alliances work well too. Only a couple of times I thought people were being tricky, but in general, it worked well. I still prefer permanent teams, just because there are definitely forces of light and darkness in this game, but I enjoyed the experiment.

Will you let us know of your final decision? If we are ending tomorrow, I will try to play another game. If not, I am going to "retire" for a week. Just had a very long, very frustrating game, despite my awesome score. My day is gone and I have so much work to do, so I think a hiatus from Defcon is in order. But if tourney is ending in one day, I hang on a little longer. I'd like another game with Pinky.

Return to “General”