till EP10

till EP6

2 wins (game + rematch) = 2 points for the winner
1 win, 1 draw = 1 point for the winner
1 win, no rematch = 0,5 point for the winner
2 draws = 0,5 point for the player with higher combined score
1 win, 1 loss = 0 point for both players

Dear Defcon community,

I'm thinking about this for quite some time now. And by this announcement I want to force myself to finally do it. I would like to challenge EVERY player known by the community. I will even try to reactivate some retired players for this tour. ((MOR), Nightwatch, Why?, Blacky and rus|Mike can you hear me?)
Well, why do I want to do this?
1. Since I have played so much 2vs2 games, recently, my 1vs1 skills are totally degenerated. This tour shall hone my skills.
What's in for you besides funny Schub-spanking then?
2. I want to collect as many 1vs1-strategies as possible. And I will post all games. While playing this tour, I would like to create some kind of a 1vs1 rec-catalogue and post it in "Strategic Air Command". I guess many advanced players have already something similiar on their harddrives. But I don't have. (I could search the archives of SFCON and so on, but meh'!)

Rules:
We will have duells between gentlemen (and LSWP...err ladies). Therefore, we don't need many rules. This tour will rather have a certain format:

- I will challenge somebody via pm. YOU cannot challenge me! (It's my tour, after all 8) )
- Spontanous challenges could happen
- If he or she doesn't respond, the person will be tagged with a "title" (Lousy coward running away from Schub) after certain time peroid. (Still have to think about that.)
- In case the challenge is not accepted, I will find another "title" for those persons. Genius apologies, which will be posted, will only ease the insulting tone of those titles! :twisted:
- The dueller is allowed to chose the 1vs1-setup. Otherwise my beer mug will come to life again. There is one exception, I will only play Russia vs Asia with Mr. Rimmer (for historical reasons).
- The game will NOT be played within one week after acceptance. (Guess why! :wink:)
- My fugleman, curse him, will post the dates of the games. (There will be no time pressure, but the games should be played within a "reasonable" time.)
- Every challenge includes a rematch with a reversed setup. (Again, no time pressure for the rematch.)
- The dueller is allowed to surrender the game and by doing that accepting defeat.

Guidelines in case of droppings:

If a dueller drops, the remaining player should pause the game immediately!
Communicating via the forum or steam would be a good idea to keep the remaining player informed.

- Drops before Def3:
In case CPU placed ---> restart
Otherwise wait for the rejoining player.

- Drops after Def3:
Wait for the rejoining player.
If waiting takes too long, the remaining player is "allowed" to play vs the CPU to end the game. (But if you lose, then you have lost the duel.)
But this should be only the case when the game is near its end (e.g. vt has already started) or when it's very unlikely that the rejoining player will win.
I would prefer a short discussion about that.

Servers:
1. Bert's "Dedcon Test duel"
- all default/random under cartain conditions
- paused enabled
- private spec chat

2. Senator's "demoszenen" (atm not online)
- same settings

Challenged players:
1. Why? Respond status: Accepted, scheduling games
2. rus|Mike Respond status: Accepted, first match played, rematch with same setup at the end of STOD
3. mvpe Respond status: Accepted, first match played, probably no rematch, 'cause the master is bored.
4. jon --> done
5. Erasmus J Homeowner Respond status: pending
6. Artificial Elegance --> done
7. Baton --> done
8. Edward Respond status: Accepted, scheduling games
9. TOM BUSH-US --> done

Next player to be challenged:
1. cza
2. Nightwatch

Players who want be challenged:
Admiral Yoshi
Klodolski aka Bastek
Sfericz
R3D

...to be continued.
Last edited by Schubdüse on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:12 am, edited 23 times in total.
jon
level4
level4

Postby jon » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:58 pm

I will take you on and smash you (lose) please Schub
Mogwai
level2
level2

Postby Mogwai » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:09 pm

I want battle reports now! :x
zoros dog
level2
level2

Postby zoros dog » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:02 am

lol xd :lol:
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:42 am

Try to message me on Saturdays. That's when I can be available and also, it's Spring Break and I can have free time from school! :D :D
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:46 am

You don't have to challenge me at Defcon to publicly humiliate me. Just have a pretty girl call and watch how I lock up with nerdiness.
-- Tobias --
level3
level3

Re: Schub's Tour Of Duty

Postby -- Tobias -- » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Schubdüse wrote:- Server: I would like to use "Dedcon Test duel". But I still have to ask Bert for permission.

I'm not sure why permission is required for your TOD duels. Just sign in and go, no?

I also notice you now have Admin privileges for this server. I'm not sure why you would need this either .... Do you intend to take the server offline by resetting the age-old pw so as to make it exclusive to your TOD?

No matter to me, but you might wish to consider posting whatever game edits you make so your challengers know about them in advance.

GL with your TOD duels.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:13 pm

jon wrote:I will take you on and smash you (lose) please Schub

Don't worry, your time will come. :wink:

Mogwai wrote:I want battle reports now! :x

Patience! I'm pretty sure Schub's TOD (thx Tobias. Very fitting: Tod (german) = death) will take months.

zoros dog wrote:lol xd :lol:

If you are Why? read your pm. :wink:

Admiral Yoshi wrote:Try to message me on Saturdays. That's when I can be available and also, it's Spring Break and I can have free time from school! :D :D

Thx for the info.

kudayta wrote:You don't have to challenge me at Defcon to publicly humiliate me.

I doubt I will "humiliate" any player. As I said my 1vs1 skills are poor atm.
kudayta wrote:Just have a pretty girl call and watch how I lock up with nerdiness.

Huh? I tried to translate this, but I wasn't able to understand this sentence.

-- Tobias -- wrote:
Schubdüse wrote:- Server: I would like to use "Dedcon Test duel". But I still have to ask Bert for permission.

I'm not sure why permission is required for your TOD duels. Just sign in and go, no?.

Well, I think this server is for the community and I want to use it for my "own" purpose. I was pretty sure, that Bert and community wouldn't object to my request, because in the end it's the very purpose of those servers - to play. Nevertheless, I would consider it as impoliteness not to ask.

-- Tobias -- wrote:I also notice you now have Admin privileges for this server. I'm not sure why you would need this either .... Do you intend to take the server offline by resetting the age-old pw so as to make it exclusive to your TOD?

Can I???

Code: Select all

/set password STOD?
Nah, I wouldn't dare to do such a thing.

-- Tobias -- wrote:No matter to me, but you might wish to consider posting whatever game edits you make so your challengers know about them in advance.

Sure. But it's actually pretty obvious. This is what I will change for sure on the server:
- enable pause
- change spec chat to private

Maybe I could also increase the amount of specs. I forgot to ask Bert about this.

-- Tobias -- wrote:GL with your TOD duels.

Thank you very much.
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I have rarely time for that in this period..but surely I will do it when u'll ask me. But not on bert's servers..or anyway without budget. Nice thread, nice idea...nice tour. :lol:
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Zorotama wrote:I have rarely time for that in this period..but surely I will do it when u'll ask me. But not on bert's servers..or anyway without budget. Nice thread, nice idea...nice tour. :lol:

Thx, Zoro.
Err, you should know me better. There will be no budget time. (And by default there is no budget time on "Dedcon Test Duel"). My only chance to win vs Senator is to (BOR) him to death. :wink:

(BTW: updated first post.)
Zorotama
level5
level5

Postby Zorotama » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Schubdüse wrote:And by default there is no budget time on "Dedcon Test Duel")

Wrong..
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:32 pm

I will challenge somebody via pm. YOU cannot challenge me! (It's my tour, after all )
- If he or she doesn't respond, the person will be tagged with a "title" (Lousy coward running away from Schub) after certain time peroid. (Still have to think about that.)

and what makes you think retired/old/elite players will bother replying to ur pm or play with you??

i mean I for one dont think i will play you.

Reason: i have stopped playing defcon..i dont give it much time.. and i think a lot other old players are in same condition.

so let me get this clear.. you want to CHALLENGE players who have STOPPED playing and are almost out of practice.. whereas you play a bit atleas.. and you want to beat the to humiliate them publicly cause they were out of practice and lost to you??

Hmmmm.. (thinking)

GHOST
Tesla
level1
level1

Postby Tesla » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Wonders if 47 is a glass half full kinda man or glass half empty :roll:
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:55 pm

Tesla wrote:Wonders if 47 is a glass half full kinda man or glass half empty :roll:

i am no man... I am GHOST ;)
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm

:shock: Do you always try to find the negative part of anything?

I was talking only about (MOR), Nightwatch, Why?, Blacky and rus|Mike. Do you really think I can humiliate them???
My last 1vs1 was on 2011-01-21. The guys mentioned above have way more 1vs1 experience than me.

47 wrote:and what makes you think retired/old/elite players will bother replying to ur pm or play with you??

What makes you think, they won't? Most of them are still reading the forum.

47 wrote:i mean I for one dont think i will play you.?

What a pity. Would have been nice to have a rec with you.

47 wrote:so let me get this clear.. you want to CHALLENGE players who have STOPPED playing and are almost out of practice.. whereas you play a bit atleas.. and you want to beat the to humiliate them publicly cause they were out of practice and lost to you??

Are you sure you have read my post??? I said EVERY player. And of course I meant ACTIVE players.

47 wrote:Hmmmm.. (thinking)

Yeah! Think twice!

Return to “General”