Noobs unite!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

DaveDash
level0

Noobs unite!

Postby DaveDash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:13 am

Hello All,

I just picked up the game recently, stumbled upon a youtube video of the game and liked what I saw. Reminds me of this oldschool C64 game I used to play when I was a kid (can't remember the name) which I always lost. Being 10 years old and grasping the intricacies of global thermonuclear war was beyond my mental capacity at the time, I think. :D

Anyway, I've played around against the AI, but the real fun in this game looks multiplayer. There-for, I'm looking for any other newbies who want to get together some time for some friendly games, so we can all fail together and not annoy the pros. Eventually, we will beat them, but some learning is required first.

Any takers?
Sam Kennedy
level1
level1

Postby Sam Kennedy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 am

I'm up for it, but it's 3:18am here right now, I can give you a game tomorrow if you want? What time zone are you in, and what time is best for you?

I'm currently playing the demo, but I have the full game, just can't use it until Christmas :lol:
DaveDash
level0

Postby DaveDash » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:26 am

Sam Kennedy wrote:I'm up for it, but it's 3:18am here right now, I can give you a game tomorrow if you want? What time zone are you in, and what time is best for you?

I'm currently playing the demo, but I have the full game, just can't use it until Christmas :lol:

I'm in Australia (working at the moment, 2:25PM here), which means timezones might be a pain. However, I might be up and about at the wee hours of the morning here, so just flick me a PM.
level4
level4

Re: Noobs unite!

Postby 47 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:56 pm

another player to the meat grinder.. oh well good for us.. and welcome.. under what name will you be playing???

DaveDash wrote:Hello All,

so we can all fail together and not annoy the pros. Eventually, we will beat them, but some learning is required first.

Any takers?

Many have come and tried it.. it takes a looooong time before you will be able to beat the pros.. given that you stick around that long..
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Good attitude though..
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:36 pm

I see that you're determined. 8)

I'll be testing it...
Synapse
level2
level2

Postby Synapse » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 pm

DaveDash wrote:I'm looking for any other newbies who want to get together some time for some friendly games

/
Prepare to get bashed by a bunch of micromanaging people with no lives who will make you feel bad about yourself for not wanting to play on speed 1.
Mariano
level0

Postby Mariano » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:39 am

Hey, just got the full game. Not a total noob, but I haven't played in a long time. You may see me in the games as Khazar.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:28 am

Synapse wrote:
DaveDash wrote:I'm looking for any other newbies who want to get together some time for some friendly games

/
Prepare to get bashed by a bunch of micromanaging people with no lives who will make you feel bad about yourself for not wanting to play on speed 1.

Hey, I resemble that remark.

I just booted up Defcon, and saw that there's 71 games on the metaserver. 44 in progress. That's by far the most active I've ever seen it. Wonder what's up.
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:49 am

kudayta wrote:
Synapse wrote:

/

Hey, I resemble that remark.

I just booted up Defcon, and saw that there's 71 games on the metaserver. 44 in progress. That's by far the most active I've ever seen it. Wonder what's up.

Yea. Today was an active game. Saw lots of people.
DaveDash
level0

Postby DaveDash » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:14 am

Synapse wrote:

Lol. I logged on and watched some games yesterday (mvpe, zoro, Ghost, R30, etc) and I was -pleased- to see that the game is played on the slowest speed. I'm no stranger to micromanagement, having played competition SC1 back in the day*.

Anyway, I look forward to getting my butt handed to me eventually, but first, I need some other noobies to practice with.

I do have a question, actually. Do ships/planes have 'Hitpoints' as such, or is there just a certain percentage chance they die from a direct hit?

*Note, Obviously there is a lot more to this game than just pure micro. Seems placement is very key, especially in fleet battles.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:56 am

DaveDash wrote:
Synapse wrote:

Lol. I logged on and watched some games yesterday (mvpe, zoro, Ghost, R30, etc)

Those are some of the very best players in the known universe.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:03 am

kudayta wrote:
DaveDash wrote:
Synapse wrote:

lol and some of the most active ones as well... minus mvpe... ;)

if you want to learn then do watch lady sno whit pink playing as well also goes by the name of SUN.. you can see Mrmot play if you get a chance and Blackout who is still new and learning.. fixta is old to game so that is another player to look for... also look for yellow cake.. you saw his game against mvpe last night....

@Dave.. last night when you looged on to defcon.. that is the peak hours to find a game...

GHOST
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:10 am

kudayta wrote:
DaveDash wrote:
Synapse wrote:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wrong.

Those are all bitches in the known universe.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:13 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”