not really pleased

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

pianomanfromjapan111
level0

not really pleased

Postby pianomanfromjapan111 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:27 pm

ok my current esteem for introversion is very low.

wanting a game of defcon i open up my defcon shortcut. just before starting a game i notice a flashing thing in the corner telling me to download version 1.6
so after downloading i re-open and.....it asks me to verify that this is my copy. i was playing it less than two minutes ago.

it asks me for an authentication code which is with my boxed copy tucked up in god knows where. why should i verify that this is my game when i have owned it and been playing it for a year?
so now im stuck with the demo version of the game because im sure as hell not paying for the game again after the way i was treated.

i must remind myself not to buy from introversion again when, every time i wish to update and play a game, im forced to put in my authentication key again. i guess it serves me right for going to the shop and paying for the game, next time i will know better than to pay for it.
Synapse
level2
level2

Postby Synapse » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:39 pm

You can contact introversion by email to retrieve your authentification code.
bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:20 pm

Or look for a file called 'authkey' or 'authkey.txt' on your PC. It's likely that the update just accidentally moved the location where its stored, for example because the re-install changed the compatibility mode settings your PC applies to it. The key was known to Defcon before, so it must be there somewhere.

Return to “General”