Am I too late?

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

USAF
level0

Am I too late?

Postby USAF » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:47 am

Hey, I'm USAF, i'm new to the defcon servers, and I am currently a demo player since my PC is broken. Anyway, I really, really enjoy this game, and I find the gameplay unique and extremely entertaining, but so far I have played very badly against online opponents. I have read all the forums and I understand the basics and the good strategies to use, so I figure I just need to practice (and get the full version as soon as possible so I can play some diplo). The problem is, the online population seems to be dwindling and I fear that by the time I develop the skills required to compete in tournaments I will be the only one left playing. Think I'm screwed?
Turgon
level2
level2

Postby Turgon » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 am

Players come and go. Keep playing and if u really want to learn how to play this game go here.

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/defcon ... php?t=7493
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:46 am

yup i would say you are screwed.. the game has recently died badly.. very less players i see now or maybe the peak times have changed and i dont know about it...

GHOST
USAF
level0

Postby USAF » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Well the player list on that thread alone is long enough that getting a game together shouldn't be impossible, and the 2v2 servers are pretty active, so I'm not too worried short term, I just wonder if there are plans to shut down any of the servers in the next couple of months.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:40 am

I don't think there are any plans to shut down servers. But even if some of them do shut down, guys like me would just set up new ones.
USAF
level0

Postby USAF » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 am

Well, that's encouraging.
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:40 am

It's Never to Late! :)
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Vicious wrote:It's Never to Late! :)

you played the new MOH??

i am playing it for second time now :P got nothing else to play

GHOST
Fitxa
level1
level1

Get the game

Postby Fitxa » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Yes people come and goes but there is a good bunch of players to get games specially during the weekends, also think in three groups: the Americas, Europeans and Japan-Australia they always plays from 18:00 to 22:00 local time.
Also read the forum: 'Strategic Air Comand' and follow the trends of 'Sticky' and 'Ace' they will lead you to the real stuff.
Watch some 2v2 tourney and chat with the 'old guard' and active players they will help you a lot.
Anyway, enjoy the game. :twisted:
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Re: Get the game

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:18 am

Fitxa wrote:Yes people come and goes but there is a good bunch of players to get games specially during the weekends, also think in three groups: the Americas, Europeans and Japan-Australia they always plays from 18:00 to 22:00 local time.
Also read the forum: 'Strategic Air Comand' and follow the trends of 'Sticky' and 'Ace' they will lead you to the real stuff.
Watch some 2v2 tourney and chat with the 'old guard' and active players they will help you a lot.

Fixta is a great player. You will learn from great players like Fixta and Ace Rimmer, and if you want to beat me up in DEFCON...I'm here. :wink: (bBut you have to earn it!)
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:38 pm

47 wrote:
Vicious wrote:It's Never to Late! :)

you played the new MOH??

i am playing it for second time now :P got nothing else to play

GHOST

yeah i've been playing Moh almost every day lol
USAF
level0

Postby USAF » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:27 am

Well thanks for the advice. By now I have read most every thread in the SAC forums, from least to most recent so I could see how the tactics have evolved. You guys have really developed a deep level of strategy out of these game mechanics, and I am super impressed. Thank you for inviting me into the community, and I look forward to slingin' nukes with all of you.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 am

USAF wrote:Well thanks for the advice. By now I have read most every thread in the SAC forums, from least to most recent so I could see how the tactics have evolved. You guys have really developed a deep level of strategy out of these game mechanics, and I am super impressed. Thank you for inviting me into the community, and I look forward to slingin' nukes with all of you.

What deep strategy....there is only one strategy.. nuke em all... :lol:
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:26 am

47 wrote:
USAF wrote:Well thanks for the advice. By now I have read most every thread in the SAC forums, from least to most recent so I could see how the tactics have evolved. You guys have really developed a deep level of strategy out of these game mechanics, and I am super impressed. Thank you for inviting me into the community, and I look forward to slingin' nukes with all of you.

What deep strategy....there is only one strategy.. nuke em all... :lol:

With some several complications!
Fitxa
level1
level1

Re: Get the game

Postby Fitxa » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Admiral Yoshi wrote:
Fitxa wrote:Yes people come and goes but there is a good bunch of players to get games specially during the weekends, also think in three groups: the Americas, Europeans and Japan-Australia they always plays from 18:00 to 22:00 local time.

Fixta is a great player. You will learn from great players like Fixta and Ace Rimmer, and if you want to beat me up in DEFCON...I'm here. :wink: (bBut you have to earn it!)

>ja, ja, ja, jua!, Thanks Yoshi but I'm not even close to Ace Rimmer in my best dreams...
>To USAF: You're very welcome

Return to “General”