Introversion - SORT THE DEFCON PAGES OUT!!

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

smorguss
level0

Introversion - SORT THE DEFCON PAGES OUT!!

Postby smorguss » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:41 pm

You are still advertising the game as being released in April!! And since it now appears that it won't it be released until September I'm just curious to know how you got the release date so utterly and totally wrong.

Also, what the heck happened to the information about the game that was promised? Apart from a few screenshots we've had NOTHING since the Defcon pages were put up, apart from the links to an interview - come on now, give us a bit more for pete's sake! :x
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:45 pm

http://forums.introversion.co.uk/introv ... ight=#4712
Chris wrote:
qamca^ wrote:Although I totally agree to the above, still I think there is much to be done about PR at IV.

There is no PR at IV right now regarding Defcon. That's because we're not ready to launch it yet, and PR takes up a lot of our time. Once you start the ball rolling with a new game launch its a fulltime job. You're hearing silence because we have nothing to say right now. Once we're ready to begin the launch process you will hear about it. This isn't a failing on our part, its a choice.

I mean you guys could at least change the info stating April 2006 on the main website :/c'mon

What would we change it to? Right now we don't know when the release date will be. If we change that date lots of websites will write stories that say "Defcon release moved to XXXX", and we're not ready for that just yet because we can't be certain what month it will be launched. Leaving it at April is our way of saying "we don't know yet." We will have to commit to a launch month soon, and when we do that we will properly announce the new launch date.

xander
Serathii
level2
level2

Postby Serathii » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:38 am

Silly guy, doesn't he expect flaming with all of those caps?
Dimension Jump
level1
level1

Postby Dimension Jump » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:56 am

Still, wouldn't setting it to "TBA" be better than listing a month that has already passed? I mean, this isn't Duke Nuke 'em Forever we're talking about here! I think people would understand given the size of IV that any game will take a long time to be ready for release, and if they aren't ready to announce the release month then "TBA" is far more honest than just leaving it at April.

You have to ask, which one feels more professional to prospective buyers?
trickfred
level5
level5

Postby trickfred » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:18 am

Dimension Jump wrote:Blah blah yadda yadda *snip*

Chance Card:

You fall, hit your head, and develop short-term memory loss. Lose a turn. Go back three spaces^H^H^H^H^H^Hposts, and re-read it again. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.
Spike560
level0

Postby Spike560 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:59 am

Dimension Jump wrote:Still, wouldn't setting it to "TBA" be better than
You have to ask, which one feels more professional to prospective buyers?

IntroVersion aren't professional... you can tell that a mile off so theres no point pretending.
Dimension Jump
level1
level1

Postby Dimension Jump » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Go back three posts, and re-read it again.

I did. I quote:

What would we change it to? Right now we don't know when the release date will be. If we change that date lots of websites will write stories that say "Defcon release moved to XXXX", and we're not ready for that just yet because we can't be certain what month it will be launched.

See. This is where TBA is used by most. It's far more fitting than leaving the date at April and is the appropriate terminology for people who are not certain as to when their product will be ready.

Leaving it at April is our way of saying "we don't know yet."

I guess Brits are a strange breed if leaving the date at an elapsed month is supposed to be an equivalent to "TBA" =D Ah well, I still love 'em and will look forward to this game that is currently TBA (pronounce that as "April" if you're a Brit.)
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:12 pm

Dimension Jump wrote:Go back three posts, and re-read it again.

I did. I quote:

What would we change it to? Right now we don't know when the release date will be. If we change that date lots of websites will write stories that say "Defcon release moved to XXXX", and we're not ready for that just yet because we can't be certain what month it will be launched.

See. This is where TBA is used by most. It's far more fitting than leaving the date at April and is the appropriate terminology for people who are not certain as to when their product will be ready.

Leaving it at April is our way of saying "we don't know yet."

I guess Brits are a strange breed if leaving the date at an elapsed month is supposed to be an equivalent to "TBA" =D Ah well, I still love 'em and will look forward to this game that is currently TBA (pronounce that as "April" if you're a Brit.)

Without Chris commenting again, it seems to me that any change they make will be noticed, and reported. If they change it to TBA, the "headlines" will read something like "Defcon Delayed." If they set a date, and miss it, that will cause problems, too. If they change nothing, the occasional troll will cause trouble, but anyone who knows what is going on won't care. It'll be out when it's out. Accept that, and get on with your life. It's a game, for chrissakes.

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:07 pm

xander wrote:It's a game, for chrissakes.

You mean I didn't just solve stupidity by nuking half of the world?!

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:13 pm

NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

Boy, wouldn't that be nice. It could all be done to the sound of Louis Armstrong singing "Beautiful World." :)

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:17 pm

xander wrote:
NeoThermic wrote:

NeoThermic

Boy, wouldn't that be nice. It could all be done to the sound of Louis Armstrong singing "Beautiful World." :)

xander

When bringing the world to an end with nukes, I'm failry sure that song isn't in my playlist entitled 'Nuclear war' ;)

NeoThermic
Babylon5
level5
level5

Postby Babylon5 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:18 pm

That reminds me.

Have any of you seen the anime Metropolis? At the end, when the city is falling apart, the song "I Can't Stop Loving You" is playing in the background =D

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:20 pm

NeoThermic wrote:When bringing the world to an end with nukes, I'm failry sure that song isn't in my playlist entitled 'Nuclear war' ;)

NeoThermic

I don't know -- I think that the utter inappropriateness of it is perfect. There is a certain irony that I appreciate.

xander
NeoThermic
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby NeoThermic » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:23 pm

Babylon5 wrote: the song "I Can't Stop Loving You" is playing in the background =D

Which version? Phil Collins? Ray Charles? Michael Jackson?

xander wrote:I don't know -- I think that the utter inappropriateness of it is perfect. There is a certain irony that I appreciate.

If we're being ironic, R.E.M - End of the world as we know it would be my choice ;)

NeoThermic
xander
level5
level5

Postby xander » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:31 pm

NeoThermic wrote:If we're being ironic, R.E.M - End of the world as we know it would be my choice ;)

NeoThermic

That would definitely be on my list, as well. I would also probably include the opening movement of Carmina Burana. Possibly "In the Hall of the Mountain King" from Peer Gynt, too. I think We'll Meet Again would also be appropriate, though it was used at the end of Dr. Strangelove, so it isn't an original idea.

xander

Return to “General”