Defcon Release Date Drawing Pool

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
TinFoil
level2
level2
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:24 pm
Location: 64-Bit Dedicated Gaming Bubble

Defcon Release Date Drawing Pool

Postby TinFoil » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:25 am

The multiplayer alliances thread was hijacked so...
Here comes the dedicated thread!


Official Defcon Release Date Pool


---
Rules:

1. You may pick one, and only one, day.

2. When Defcon is released, the person who is closes to the actual release date, without being off by more than three days, is the winner

3. If no one is within three days of the actual release date, no one wins

4. If two people tie (i.e. the actual release date is 4 May, and two people selected 2 May and 6 May), they will both be declared winners.

5. To prevent fraud and insider knowledge from having too much of an effect, anyone who signs up within two weeks of the actual release date will be disqualified (i.e. if someone signs up [for the pool] on 16 May, and the game comes out on 20 May, their entry will be disqualified.

6. Once you pick a date, you are stuck with it. I [xander] will not move you. That wouldn't be fair to everyone else.
---
(I want a copy for starting the thread :D)
---

P L A C E . Y O U R . B I D S . H E R E !
Last edited by TinFoil on Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Lord_Doskias
level4
level4
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:08 am
Location: over there
Contact:

Postby Lord_Doskias » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:51 am

arrite im already down, but posting here is good

..whats to stop IV from releasing the game based on who they want to win? they might have bets themselves..

but, they wouldnt do that, would they?
User avatar
edd8990
level5
level5
Posts: 1738
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:26 pm
Location: Crewe, Cheshire, England
Contact:

Postby edd8990 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:46 am

YES! I WILL BRIBE IV £200 TO RELEASE IT ON TJHE DAY I HAVE PICKED SO I GET A FREE COPY OF DEFCON....

wait... there's a flaw in my logic there...
User avatar
Babylon5
level5
level5
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:30 pm
Location: Stevenston, Ayrshire, Scotland
Contact:

Postby Babylon5 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:18 pm

Place Your Bids? We aint gambling :P
Image

No, I have NOT fixed my speakers.
elDiablo
level5
level5
Posts: 3111
Joined: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:23 pm
Location: London, UK

Postby elDiablo » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:07 pm

I say the winner gets a free copy of the game. If Iv don't want to provide it, then anyone who places a bet opts to pay a certain fraction of the game bases on how many people play. The more people betting, the less each person pays :D
We dont stop playing cos we get old... We get old cos we stop playing.
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:03 pm

elDiablo wrote:I say the winner gets a free copy of the game. If Iv don't want to provide it, then anyone who places a bet opts to pay a certain fraction of the game bases on how many people play. The more people betting, the less each person pays :D
I believe xander stated that he will buy a copy of Defcon for the winner.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:05 pm

TinFoil, I appreciate what you are trying to do by starting another thread. However, there is a reason that I didn't do it myself: I didn't want to track several threads at the same time. As such, I am not going to track this thread. If you want to enter the pool, email me, pm me, or sign up in the other thread. Official standings are up at http://yozh.org (my ghetto website, where I am teaching myself CSS and HTML -- \o/ ).

xyzyxx wrote:
elDiablo wrote:I say the winner gets a free copy of the game. If Iv don't want to provide it, then anyone who places a bet opts to pay a certain fraction of the game bases on how many people play. The more people betting, the less each person pays :D
I believe xander stated that he will buy a copy of Defcon for the winner.


Yes.

xander
Leman Russ
level0
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:06 am

Postby Leman Russ » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:08 am

Well, this seems like fun, and, being a brand new poster, I shall guess:

April the 16th

.... Of DoooM! :twisted:
User avatar
prophile
level5
level5
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Postby prophile » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:47 am

April 23rd.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:12 am

Sigh. Fine...

prophile wrote:April 23rd.

You are already down for 2 May. Sorry. Anyway, andcarne got the 23rd of April.

xander
User avatar
prophile
level5
level5
Posts: 1541
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:17 pm
Location: Southampton, UK
Contact:

Postby prophile » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 am

Nevermind, 2nd May it is then.
User avatar
xyzyxx
level5
level5
Posts: 3790
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa, USA
Contact:

Postby xyzyxx » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:00 am

xander wrote:I am not going to track this thread. If you want to enter the pool, email me, pm me, or sign up in the other thread.
Some people talk because they have something to say. Others talk because they have to say something.
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:01 am

xyzyxx wrote:
xander wrote:I am not going to track this thread. If you want to enter the pool, email me, pm me, or sign up in the other thread.

Thank you, xyzyxx. It is good to know that at least someone reads.

xander
User avatar
Luigi300
level5
level5
Posts: 1615
Joined: Wed May 01, 2002 2:08 pm
Location: :noitacoL
Contact:

Postby Luigi300 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:33 am

I think a week after your date elapses you should be able to pick another.
Luigi for mod in 2006!
User avatar
xander
level5
level5
Posts: 16869
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Highland, CA, USA
Contact:

Postby xander » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:51 am

Luigi300 wrote:I think a week after your date elapses you should be able to pick another.

I disagree. That basically says that a person can pick as many days as they wish, as long as they are three weeks apart. You get one date. Sorry.

xander

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests