[sfcon sponsored] Generic Tourney Disscusion/Rant Thread

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:41 pm

No offence, Nightwatch, but you didn't have any special plan until it was too late. And in absence of a special plan I'do do the same thing that Synthethic did: try to clean my oponent. It was you getting completely pwned by Senator that costed you the game, not SA's actions. I doubt that even with SA acting ideally you could pull it off.

Anyway, such a rude attitude towards your ally is clearly not the way to go, even though it was coming from both sides. You both should learn to lose.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:56 pm

You ever heard of the Whiteboard? You know, the thing where you can draw up your plans??

And while we are at it, please tell me how i can work with an ally that is even incapable of getting me intel about NAs silos. Please elaborate whats to be done, when your ally is happily sitting in pac nuking NA to a score bwloe zero while the enemy is all over the atlantic.
I fought of half of Senators fleet without losing one fucking carrier while my ally managed to not lose a single ship while sitting on his own coastline.
Not once i got a question from him whether or not he should do this or that. He was just sitting there, even when i told him to get moving.
So yeah, i opened silos in hope to get the russian ones while senator was launching and it didnt work. Shit happens. Not that i cared at this point.
Doesnt excuse the idea of all theres to be done in a 2v2 is cleaning „your“ opponent. It isn’t. Its supposed to be a team game. I sacrificed my sublaunch to kill Senator in Pac. My ally had nothing against him and stopped then and there. No excuse for that. If don’t know what you could do if you see your ally is in trouble, get on the coms and start talking.
But oh boy, that’s way to much if I cant even get intel on NAs silo placement from my ally.
I just had enough of him at this point.

Just look at the fucking screenshot and tell me that fleet placement is how its supposed to look like in this situation. If it is i clearly play the wrong mode.

Edit
To make it clear, this is not about losing or winning. Senator played very good, we could have very well lost overall. Thats not my problem.
My problem is with the displayed attitude of "i just kill my targets and thats it".
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 pm

I doubt that a ratio of good/bad players changed much during Defcon's lifespan but I see so much "noob"-hatred :?

Where's all that rage coming from? :( I don't remember it happening during old days...

Nightwatch wrote: this is not about losing or winning. Senator played very good, we could have very well lost overall. Thats not my problem.
My problem is with the displayed attitude of "i just kill my targets and thats it".

Okay then.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:37 pm

What noob hatred? There was no noob in the game.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Apart from other stuff, I must say I am proud of seiis gameplay. He won the zero-pop race vs SA, even thought I had doubts this is his kind of game. :)
Admiral Yoshi
level3
level3

Postby Admiral Yoshi » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:44 am

Nightwatch wrote:You ever heard of the Whiteboard? You know, the thing where you can draw up your plans??

And while we are at it, please tell me how i can work with an ally that is even incapable of getting me intel about NAs silos. Please elaborate whats to be done, when your ally is happily sitting in pac nuking NA to a score bwloe zero while the enemy is all over the atlantic.
I fought of half of Senators fleet without losing one fucking carrier while my ally managed to not lose a single ship while sitting on his own coastline.
Not once i got a question from him whether or not he should do this or that. He was just sitting there, even when i told him to get moving.
So yeah, i opened silos in hope to get the russian ones while senator was launching and it didnt work. Shit happens. Not that i cared at this point.
Doesnt excuse the idea of all theres to be done in a 2v2 is cleaning „your“ opponent. It isn’t. Its supposed to be a team game. I sacrificed my sublaunch to kill Senator in Pac. My ally had nothing against him and stopped then and there. No excuse for that. If don’t know what you could do if you see your ally is in trouble, get on the coms and start talking.
But oh boy, that’s way to much if I cant even get intel on NAs silo placement from my ally.
I just had enough of him at this point.

Just look at the fucking screenshot and tell me that fleet placement is how its supposed to look like in this situation. If it is i clearly play the wrong mode.

Edit
To make it clear, this is not about losing or winning. Senator played very good, we could have very well lost overall. Thats not my problem.

Nightwatch, can you tell me the entire game you had with Synthethic with the (unfair) Russia/USA vs. Asia/South America setup? If you can't fit everything in the post, PM me please.
seii taishògun
level1
level1

Postby seii taishògun » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 am

I do not think Synthetic screwed up. He just did what he was told to do. It is absolutely clear that he placed his stuff as Nightwatch ordered him. Silos, bases, fleet and sub placement was his idea, not synthetic.
Story about intel of USA silos is just ridicolous because it was clear they were placed standard position. Just wondering what the hell og intel Nightwatch needed?

By my oppinion, Synthetic did what he was supposed to do, and his teammate screwed up. What was the point of subs in pacific against Senator? Fleet was not enough? Senator did just brilliant work and there was nothng you could do about it. Synthetic movement of fleet you asked would change nothing because i would never send loaded carriers to indian. Then i was dancing over saudi arabia with my bombers just waiting for asian subs and he did not even noticed it.

So stop blame your teammate and think about your own game. You screwed it up Nightwatch as you screwed it in our game against Ace rimmer/Yellow cake. I clean the path for your nukes buy killing 6 silos, 3 bases 3 crucial radars and you were not able to make decent sub launch on Ace? I made nice teamwork but it was not enough to win because of noob i had by my side.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:41 am

seii taishògun wrote:I do not think Synthetic screwed up. He just did what he was told to do. It is absolutely clear that he placed his stuff as Nightwatch ordered him. Silos, bases, fleet and sub placement was his idea, not synthetic.
Story about intel of USA silos is just ridicolous because it was clear they were placed standard position. Just wondering what the hell og intel Nightwatch needed?

By my oppinion, Synthetic did what he was supposed to do, and his teammate screwed up. What was the point of subs in pacific against Senator? Fleet was not enough? Senator did just brilliant work and there was nothng you could do about it. Synthetic movement of fleet you asked would change nothing because i would never send loaded carriers to indian. Then i was dancing over saudi arabia with my bombers just waiting for asian subs and he did not even noticed it.

So stop blame your teammate and think about your own game. You screwed it up Nightwatch as you screwed it in our game against Ace rimmer/Yellow cake. I clean the path for your nukes buy killing 6 silos, 3 bases 3 crucial radars and you were not able to make decent sub launch on Ace? I made nice teamwork but it was not enough to win because of noob i had by my side.

well if Nightwatch launched his subs on pacific fleet then i got one thing to say..

YOU ARE AN IDIOT NIGHTWATCH... and if that is not the case then i would really like to know wtf you did with your subs?? the setup is pretty easy to understand for any player.. SA kills NA.. Asia kills Russia.. unless you got some great plan of making your silo fire in such a way that they will not be shot down by russian silos..

anyway i will look at the recording if i can and then tell whose mistake it was..
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 am

seii wrote:I do not think Synthetic screwed up. He just did what he was told to do. It is absolutely clear that he placed his stuff as Nightwatch ordered him. Silos, bases, fleet and sub placement was his idea, not synthetic.
Oh yeah he placed like is said. Unfortunately that is all he did.

I can come up with at least three possible silo placements in this setup.
Why did i need intel on it?
Your silo position tells me a lot about your strategy. It opens up a hole variety of possible tactics, especially in this setup.
But anyway, it’s the easiest thing in the game to find the general location of silos. If your ally cant tell you that its hopeless.

By my oppinion, Synthetic did what he was supposed to do, and his teammate screwed up.
Jesus Crhist, this is supposed to be a team game. This is 2v2 not 1v1 and 1v1. Your supposed to win the game and not just killing your opponent while your partner is securing your rear.

What was the point of subs in pacific against Senator? Fleet was not enough? Senator did just brilliant work and there was nothng you could do about it.
Senators brilliant work resulted him getting kicked out of pac. Nothing brilliant about it.

Synthetic movement of fleet you asked would change nothing because i would never send loaded carriers to indian. Then i was dancing over saudi arabia with my bombers just waiting for asian subs and he did not even noticed it.
Stupid argument. Its irrelevant if this or that movement would have done anything based on your tactics. We don’t know your intentions. The simple fact is that SA didn’t use fleet at all.
And for the last time, I didn’t care in the end about my subs. Even considered just letting the timer run down. This game was over long before you ever got to do your dancing.

So stop blame your teammate and think about your own game.

You just don’t get it , do you? Its irrelevant how I played when my partner is just sitting there the hole game. Do you seriously think I gave it my best shot after the hole mess unfolded? I opened my goddamn silos in an do or die move on purpose.

You screwed it up Nightwatch as you screwed it in our game against Ace rimmer/Yellow cake. I clean the path for your nukes buy killing 6 silos, 3 bases 3 crucial radars and you were not able to make decent sub launch on Ace? I made nice teamwork but it was not enough to win because of noob i had by my side.
And who do you think you are?

GHOST wrote:well if Nightwatch launched his subs on pacific fleet then i got one thing to say..

YOU ARE AN IDIOT NIGHTWATCH...

Back to you. I didn’t lose a single subs in battle against senator, nor did I launch one.
I had all 12 left to fire on Russia right till the end. It just didn’t matter cause my ally chose to not even defend his coast while he still had his hole fleet left.

and if that is not the case then i would really like to know wtf you did with your subs?? the setup is pretty easy to understand for any player.. SA kills NA.. Asia kills Russia.. unless you got some great plan of making your silo fire in such a way that they will not be shot down by russian silos..

Did you even look at the sreensshot?
We prepared for senators silos being far east with his fleet in support. If that would have been the case I wouldn’t need my subs for Russia, I use my silos and airbase bombers.
But that didn’t happen since senator placed silos west. That means I have a hard time reducing Asia to zero when my hole fleet is in Pacific to help my ally against the possibility of two navies against him.
With NA all Atl my ally had no problem zeroing NA while I was moving back to Indian to launch on western Russia. Everything would still be okay if my partner redeploys his naval assets to confront NA in Atl. That way he can secure my left flank, he can even move up to scout NAs silos. But no, he chooses to just arrange his fleet in pac in a beautiful formation and waits until NA launches silos. While NA launches its hole Arsenal from Atlantic against SAs cities. Just great. But sure, its all my fault. Cause I didn’t launch subs at Defcon 1 at Russia and kept them all for later.
And not because i didnt get any support from my ally against Russia. Oh no. He needed all his nukes to zero NA and nothing more. Sure thing.
Just look at the screen man. NA vs SA is 99.6 vs 99.7 death. That should tell you something about the activity of my ally.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:47 am

id you even look at the sreensshot?
We prepared for senators silos being far east with his fleet in support. If that would have been the case I wouldn’t need my subs for Russia, I use my silos and airbase bombers.
But that didn’t happen since senator placed silos west. That means I have a hard time reducing Asia to zero when my hole fleet is in Pacific to help my ally against the possibility of two navies against him.
With NA all Atl my ally had no problem zeroing NA while I was moving back to Indian to launch on western Russia. Everything would still be okay if my partner redeploys his naval assets to confront NA in Atl. That way he can secure my left flank, he can even move up to scout NAs silos. But no, he chooses to just arrange his fleet in pac in a beautiful formation and waits until NA launches silos. While NA launches its hole Arsenal from Atlantic against SAs cities. Just great. But sure, its all my fault. Cause I didn’t launch subs at Defcon 1 at Russia and kept them all for later.
And not because i didnt get any support from my ally against Russia. Oh no. He needed all his nukes to zero NA and nothing more. Sure thing.
Just look at the screen man. NA vs SA is 99.6 vs 99.7 death. That should tell you something about the activity of my ally.

I dont know what happened as i still cannot see the rec... stupid mac... anyway.. the only wrong thing i can see from the screen shot is that synth never moved his fleet to box down senator.. i am pretty sure it was clear near def 4 that NA fleet is in atl so he should have at least moved half of his fleet to hit senator from the rear.. anyway i have said it a number of times and many other players has said it as well.. Synthetic is not a team player.. he plays individually with the attitude... I kill the enemy close to me.. you kill the one close to you...thats all

Thank you
GHOST
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:00 am

47 wrote:I dont know what happened as i still cannot see the rec... stupid mac... anyway.. the only wrong thing i can see from the screen shot is that synth never moved his fleet to box down senator.. i am pretty sure it was clear near def 4 that NA fleet is in atl so he should have at least moved half of his fleet to hit senator from the rear..
Not that clear if one doesnt send out any scouts and placed fleet far to south.
But i had my hands full between battling senator and screaming for support and intel, so i could be wrong.

He never moved fleet anywhere. Just sitting there waiting for silo launch while NA nuked him to zero from atl. It was random but there was a very big city far southwest. 8 mill or something with very good silo protection. Some other cities southeast.
NA nuked them all from South Atl with subs while 24 ships do nothing in pac.

47 wrote:anyway i have said it a number of times and many other players has said it as well.. Synthetic is not a team player.. he plays individually with the attitude... I kill the enemy close to me.. you kill the one close to you...thats all

Thank you
GHOST
That sounds like an accurate description of the game. Unfortunately its also a recipe for disaster in this setup.
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:07 am

47 wrote:anyway i have said it a number of times and many other players has said it as well.. Synthetic is not a team player.. he plays individually with the attitude... I kill the enemy close to me.. you kill the one close to you...thats all

Thank you
GHOST
That sounds like an accurate description of the game. Unfortunately its also a recipe for disaster in this setup.[/quote]

well its a recipe for disaster in any 2 v 2 game...
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:06 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:17 pm

I dont expect you getting it.
This is not about losing a game - like that would be new :roll: - this is about my ally not playing right and you bitching me for saying so.
I have no problem with Synthetic, i barely know him but we played some good games together.
That doesnt mean however that i didnt like what he did here.

Antoher question alltogether is why everyones jumping on me when i analyse a game. I didnt "badmouth" him, i just said what he did wrong from my point of view.
So if you have a problem with me talk to me like a man and dont drag Synthetic into it.
Yes i did poorly in the game as well. And if Syn would show up and criticise my silo management in this one it would be totally justified. Doesnt excuse him however.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:35 pm

Nightwatch wrote:I didnt "badmouth" him, i just said what he did wrong from my point of view.

Last edited by rus|Mike on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General”