[2v2 Ladder S4] General: Season Four Over.

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

The Reds
level2
level2

Postby The Reds » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:49 am

well ace. hopefully u can sign me up when u have the chance eh? Thanks.

-The Reds
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 am

Rubix47 wrote:I'm in if its not too late. Send me the passwords too if I'm in.

Welcome to you and The Reds.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Alright, "open format" doesn't really work.. Yep and because of so many things.

Don't look at the games playing and say "it work prefectly".. There is no Team spirit, each one avoid to be in the same Team with another, each time we past a long time to decide who play with who... Even the Team work not present in each game.

We need a social we need Teams, not each one play for him self.

It's not a 1vs1
countersmurf
level2
level2

Postby countersmurf » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:09 pm

I agree.

We need teams
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:15 pm

(MOR) wrote:Alright, "open format" doesn't really work.. Yep and because of so many things.

Don't look at the games playing and say "it work prefectly".. There is no Team spirit, each one avoid to be in the same Team with another, each time we past a long time to decide who play with who... Even the Team work not present in each game.

We need a social we need Teams, not each one play for him self.

It's not a 1vs1

Not true, at least for me.
I like this format.
Never avoid the game (even if there is not pause button and budget limit time :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ), never leave my teammate alone (as somebody did it to me), never blame teammate for lose, always have team spirit attitude (because i do not care to make highets score in the game but make team to win), have no problems to choose teammate (will play with everybody including absolute newbies, because myself some time ago was noob too), never understimate opponents but never understiamate myself too so i like this 2vs2.
Till now 3 wins, 3 loses and everything is going fine.
Just play.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:26 pm

You agree with teams, others disagree. Until I see real problems, I'm not going back to the problem infested set team format that nobody can fix. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. :P
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:31 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:You agree with teams, others disagree. Until I see real problems, I'm not going back to the problem infested set team format that nobody can fix. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. :P

What about voting about it ? That's can clear things :wink:
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 pm

(MOR) wrote:What about voting about it ? That's can clear things :wink:

Voting is good! Majority is so nice! Let's just first vote "Do you want MOR to kill himself??" and see how well you can follow majority decision :wink:
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:02 pm

This isn't a democracy. :wink:

Also, I've been through the train wreck of an experience trying to put teams together where people are happy. It. Does. Not. Work.

Either find enough active players to triple the size of the roster, or suggest a better alternative. I am always open to (realistic and good) suggestions. Or at the very least come up with a more compelling argument against InstaTeams™, other than "I don't like it". :wink:

Sure, there's some trade off with having a "team spirit", but that's a small price to pay to prevent all the problems that come with set teams for such a small number of players.

Here are the problems that set teams creates:

1. Lopsided teams
  2. Players from Team A inevitably stay more active than players from Team B/C/D (etc), hurting B/C/D
  3. Players complain about their team mates "I WON'T play with him/her!!!"
  4. Players complain about the number of noobs on their team and "elite" on others
  5. Players want to play musical chairs at the slightest offense from other team mates.
  6. Players complain that their team is at odds time-wise with other teams and can never get many games played
  7. etc, etc, etc

Here are the problems that InstaTeams™ creates:

1. Reduced "team spirit" (there is "InstaTeam spirit", at least for me and some others :wink: )
  2. Players complain "I don't like it"

No-brainer for me. :P

To address your concerns:

1. each one avoid to be in the same Team with another
2. each time we past a long time to decide who play with who
3. Even the Team work not present in each game.

1. That happens no matter what, and from playing two days in a row, most players seem to want to play the best game for everybody, not vet/vet vs new/new, but evenly matched. That is, for the most part we seem to want to have fun and challenging games for all.

2. I did not experience this at all. What I experienced is the same thing that has been around since this all began... "I'm going to bed/too tired/just played five in a row/etc". Fixing teams won't solve that issue, cause it was here in Season 1, Season 2, and Season 3. It was here long before any ladders started and will be here till Defcon isn't played.

3. I've played a few games and in every one there was plenty of teamwork. There is nothing I can do about people not following instructions/directions/commands of other players. You have to work that out yourself, set teams or not. I seem to remember you made the very same complaint in Season 2. :wink:

In short, I'm always open to better solutions (there have been plenty of changes I've made based on good suggestions). I have yet to see any regarding teams.
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Schubdüse
level5
level5

Postby Schubdüse » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Ok, I haven't played in the other seasons, so I can't compare S4 with the ones before.
But I really enjoy this one, so far. I'm fascinated about these short relationships which are created while playing in a team.
In my case these were Master-And-Slave-Relationships (Nope! None sexual!) most of the time.

For example and just my point of view:
- Ace and me was like Father-And-Son (2 matches, one void)
- Mrmot and me was like big brother and small brother (2 matches)
- Nightwatch and me was like dominatrix and wimp (2 matches). Hey Night, no offend! 8)

Each Master is different and it is most complex to be the "right" slave. (And I'm sure its vice versa.)
My biggest problem so far, is not to turn off my brain and only to relay on my master. :roll: I'm working on that.

The "team-mode" of S4 gives me the option to play with all the different people. So I'm far away from complaining about it.
The Reds
level2
level2

Postby The Reds » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:33 am

Im kinda glad that ace made this change cause I'm not a very frequent player anymore and this affects teams :P
_human_
level1
level1

Postby _human_ » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:09 pm

Could anybody send me a password?
War never changes.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:49 pm

@Cobra
silos wont win it for you