wow epic battle

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue May 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Why? wrote:I'm sure it holds a warm place in your heart, but I'm not making this stuff up. Am I?

No it doesn't, and maybe. Becasue Flint had the highest crime/murder rate in the country for a long time.

Compare your stats to other big cities, and see what you come up with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... crime_rate (Detriot is 25th)
http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/ (Compare crime by cities here)
Last edited by sfericz on Tue May 12, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue May 12, 2009 11:57 pm

I compared Norfolk to Detroit, and they have similar crime rates, which are both nearly 3 times the national average. However, Norfolk has slightly better education stats. Less than 70% of Detroit kids, graduate high school. 79% is the national average, and Norfolk is at 78%.

Really, the only reason Norfolk is any better, is because of it's close proximity to other cities in the Hampton Roads community.(Virginia Beach, Newport News, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Hampton, and Suffolk) Each city plays a different role, and they all depend on each other.

I was mainly referring to Detroit's murder rate, which has been top 5 in the country, every year, since I can remember. Detroit, D.C., and Milwaukee, are always in the top 5.
Last edited by Why? on Wed May 13, 2009 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Tue May 12, 2009 11:58 pm

In my image, i got by an sociology lesson, detroit is one birthplace of sociology (EDIT: no you silly idiot, detroit is where robocop came from, you talking 'bout chicago), and therefor a holy place of the western world (EDIT: and Robocop aint a holy artefact? who is the idiot now?!). But too romantic anyway, i guess. :P
nuclear cocaine wrote:your a dick that always talks shit about people when theyre just trying to add some exceitement to their day .

It works for me :D

btw i am depressed with my 1v1 losing streak, and i propose a personal 2v2 challange. "Nobody can beat me and why in 15 games once, or if he(or them) won once, he (or them) cant beat us in best of 3 in that setup with alternating roles in hell lot of games" Of cource only if why finds time for this.

Why is harsch ( a bit like xander)
but at least i always can find reason for his anger.
Last edited by trickser on Wed May 13, 2009 2:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed May 13, 2009 12:05 am

Hehe, I'm down for that, Senator!

We've played at least 20 games together and we've only lost once, to Ace Rimmer & rus|mike. Also tied with Nightwatch/countersmurf, and had a very close game against Tobias and Edward.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed May 13, 2009 12:37 am

I'll go (when I can play that is). :wink:
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed May 13, 2009 1:33 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:I'll go (when I can play that is). :wink:

NO JOINED TERRITORIES, UNLESS THE OTHER TEAM HAS IT TOO. :lol: I still hurt from that one game... the dominance was disgusting. Excellent plan by Ace.
cza
level4
level4

Re: wow epic battle

Postby cza » Wed May 13, 2009 6:31 am

nuclear cocaine wrote:we beat battletron and toast decisively and was verry entertaining to watch .tron got so mad he said fuck you to me and he loves all lmao .it was rare for 2 suposid noobs to beat 2 pros like that :)

I was a witness to this game though I didn't see it as a decisive victory. It was a very, very close game, the outcome of which was determined by two decisions: 1) an early one by Battletron to launch on South America's silos before getting Julian's silo location in southeast North America, not realizing that Julian's silos would eat up a good proportion of his nukes; 2) Toast deciding maybe 30 seconds to a minute before Cocaine planned on popping his subs to move his battleship away from them. If that battleship had stayed put, Toast would have pissed all over Coke's subs and that might have been the margin.

That being said, I took Cocaine's comments more as tongue-in-cheek. He was understandably happy to have a big win over the folks he views as pros. They may not count as pros in the eyes of the old pros, but to those of us who play mainly in these time slots, Battletron and Toast are great players. I'd feel comfortable betting money on them against anyone, depending on circumstance (i'm biased more by geography). So cocaine got excited and wanted to talk some smack. I don't mind since I think he knows his view isn't the absolute truth and it's fun to see him geek out on his victory. Might be good for the game too to get people wanting to win, talk about their own victories, even if they seem insignificant to the veteran bulls.

Now my reaction doesn't preclude others from having a different one to Cocaine, especially if they have had different sorts of interactions with him than I've had. I tend to like his shit talk, because it is all the more enjoyable to beat someone who talks smack. And while he's far from a pro, I think his game has gotten a lot better thanks to the 2v2 ladder. The game in question was definitely a fun one to watch.

I'll leave Detroit alone. This probably isn't the place for a discussion of American urban history or figuring out which problems are a result of pathology unique to Detroit and which are systemic features of American society.
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Wed May 13, 2009 6:39 am

But if you do want some urban history (and this isn't light reading), some good starters are:
Thomas Sugrue, Origins of the Urban Crisis: Race and Inequality in Postwar Detroit
Matthew Countryman, Up South: Civil Rights and Black Power in Philadelphia
Robert Self, American Babylon: Race and the Struggle for Postwar Oakland
Nancy Denton and Douglas Massey, American Apartheid: Segregation and the Making of the Underclass

Arnold Hirsch, Making the Second Ghetto: Race and Housing in Chicago, 1940-1960 is older, but still a classic.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Wed May 13, 2009 6:45 am

omfg dude I totally expected to be home tonight but this sexy young woman who thinks shees my girlfriend talked me into coming over her house and layen her some pipe ......... I still tried thoug in the name of keeping it real I loaded the game on her computer logged into introversion and tried to have the game with why I posted .......... well lets just say she had me so destracted I didn't notice I didn't have 8 subs placed till defcon 1 and why being a little more plyable gave me the void ....... theres the explaination .....now back to smacken cheecks instead of defcon players till tomarrow :)
Last edited by nuclear cocaine on Wed May 13, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Wed May 13, 2009 6:50 am

I'm sorry coke, but that post sounded like utter bullshit.
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Wed May 13, 2009 7:08 am

sfericz wrote:I'm sorry coke, but that post sounded like utter bullshit.

Agreed.
T-95
level2
level2

Postby T-95 » Wed May 13, 2009 10:37 am

Why? wrote:
nuclear cocaine wrote:snip.

[nuclear cocaine]Forget Defcon...

T-95 wrote:Instead of playing Defcon nuclear cocaine, you should try this game:

http://stalinvsmartians.com/en/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU67r0-QgZs

You can thank me later.

He didn't listen to my suggestion...so yeah... :roll:

(Even though that game is only for those people who are high (like in this case, nuclear cocaine)).
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Wed May 13, 2009 1:48 pm

nuclear cocaine wrote:sexy young woman who thinks hees my girlfriend talked me into coming over her house and layen her some pipe

Leave the pipe laying to the plumbers, and stay away from hee girlfriends.... :lol:
Leonid Brezhnev
level2
level2

Postby Leonid Brezhnev » Wed May 13, 2009 2:44 pm

Why? please do not give my title away to other players. I am th worst player on the ladder but here you are trying to give the title to the Atomic Crackhead. Just ask Ace. Or view his stats. So don't be giving my title away.

And as long as we're talking about shit holes, we should just generalize because you missed Atlanta, Chattanooga, memphis, St. Louis, L.A., Sanfrancisco, Dallas/Ft. Worthless, minneapolis, El Paso, Stockton, Birmingham, and every city on I-95 between Richmond and boston. Remember I see the worst of every where because I have to find a place to sleep in all these places where I don't end up a victim.

Worst place in America, is a toss up between Miami, and Montgomery, AL
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Just for clarification, I don't think any player is insignificant. I was merely pointing out the different skill levels.

[DEMO] (gone)
Beginner (just bought the game, able to defeat CPU's, noob)
Super-Noob (me) :P
Average Player
Skilled (don't play against forum members)
Advanced (regular forum members mostly)
Pro (documented winning of 70% or more, rus|Mike, hi.there, etc)

Return to “General”