wow epic battle

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

wow epic battle

Postby nuclear cocaine » Tue May 12, 2009 9:39 am

It was logged and if sfericz would please post the recording on here id love it because i forgot to take a screen shot i was so in aaw of mine and julians proformance .we beat battletron and toast decisively and was verry entertaining to watch .tron got so mad he said fuck you to me and he loves all lmao .it was rare for 2 suposid noobs to beat 2 pros like that :)
T-95
level2
level2

Postby T-95 » Tue May 12, 2009 10:04 am

You could've just sent a PM to sfericz for the recording before making this thread. Because, without any evidenece (screenshot, recording), I think nobody will believe much what you've said. Like, here's a good example:

i was playin' defkonne all the day lol and i beat teh crap frm all doze "proz" lol 1 vz 5 und dei cudnt even toch mah siloz/shipz i just rammed dem wid mah subz destroi 23942 ships and all deir nukz wid mah faiters boomberz niuk oder boomberz faitahz jst RAM der siloz i waz europe in teh midl lol gg i own u sux and yea srry for mah bad englsh i think aboaut japaneze wen i type english lol 8)

Now, would you believe that "awesome" story of mine? :P
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue May 12, 2009 10:23 am

I would have needed a little more information than "It was logged"
Like server name, what time it was played, who was the players.

But since I feel nice tonight, I searched for it.
Here I THINK this is it. Check for youself.

For future reference, each new recording is placed on top of the list for it's section. So if you played on "SFCON: 1v1 Default" and you want the recording. You should check the "1v1 Default Section" under recordings, and pick the top file name to download. (If you just got done playing it, but if its been awhile since you played that game the link might have been bumped down a notch because each new game is placed on top.)

But I agree with T-95, show a screen shot, and prove those players are actually those players. And all partners were same skilled before "gloating" about the match.

Hell I've beaten rus|Mike in 1v1, but I don't think it was because it was a good game, more luck.
Last edited by sfericz on Tue May 12, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue May 12, 2009 10:29 am

Beating someone in 2v2 doesn't mean you're a better player than them. Especially not a friendly match. Come back and talk shit when you can beat them in 1v1.

BTW, julian is a GREAT player...
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Pro players? :shock: Perhaps in the world of the vulgar.

BATTLETRON = 11-16 in the 2v2 and I've known Toast since I started playing Defcon.

At best, those players are Pro-am and it's not much to brag you've beaten them. In fact, it's not much to brag you've beaten anybody in Defcon as anyone can be beaten (as sfericz pointed out already), even the "pros" (real or imagined).

If you want to brag, join the ladder and prove you're that good over time, instead of just a one-off post. If you don't want to join the ladder, then a series of winning posts would be more appropriate.

In short, join the ladder if you want real braggin' rights. Everything else is "just a game". :P
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Tue May 12, 2009 5:16 pm

why all you are is a hater I kept ur whole navy out of the indian with 1 carrier mr pro theyres specs for that too, you beat me last night by 20 points BARLY and im not bragging just once again trying to have fun ,and with so many people in spec everyone seen it and I can't join the ladder cause when I get work I won't have time to play and I never know when that's gonna be .If that's exceptable to you then count me in . 3 never said 3 was better than anyone just said theres a good match to go watch .thank you sfericz and I know the skill level on here theyres a nooooob class a middle class and an upper class of players .Me and julian are still middle class players so fuck off why stay running your mouth mr defcon god like you've never lost but please take a xanex or something .
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Hehe. Just take a look at the ladder rules if you're really interested. Also, as for scheduling, games can be played at any time of day on any day of the week. Therefore, if you are playing games now, you'll be able to get ladder games in. All players are welcome to join. :wink:

Also, middle class players in the open world of Defcon are really just beginners. Please note, I'm only a super-noob. :P

Lastly, it's always good to talk about nice matches.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Tue May 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks ace and yes count me in on the ladder. No your sub strat in the forum was the best explaination Ive seen with sub fireing and ive seen you win some real strong hard fout battles that in my eyes makes you not a noob .I wish I could learn how to plan at the beginning of the game my finishing strat as of now its always first strike then the rest is a work in progress .I count how many milion ppl in an area and atack it with a strike force and try and kill as many as i can empty the carriers use them as decoys so i can get some back to protect silos and finish with silos its effective I win alot but for some reason when I talk shit I loose lol but ya count me in on the ladder maybe I can make a couple other upsets happen .Ill be late tonight round midnight or so (eastern) but on all night tron if you want revenge and why oh why I got a remach coming tonight !
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Please start spacing your forum posts out. :roll:
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue May 12, 2009 8:21 pm

nuclear cocaine wrote:why all you are is a hater I kept ur whole navy out of the indian with 1 carrier mr pro theyres specs for that too, you beat me last night by 20 points BARLY and im not bragging just once again trying to have fun ,and with so many people in spec everyone seen it and I can't join the ladder cause when I get work I won't have time to play and I never know when that's gonna be .If that's exceptable to you then count me in . 3 never said 3 was better than anyone just said theres a good match to go watch .thank you sfericz and I know the skill level on here theyres a nooooob class a middle class and an upper class of players .Me and julian are still middle class players so fuck off why stay running your mouth mr defcon god like you've never lost but please take a xanex or something .

Forget Defcon, you need to go back to school. Your spelling and grammar is atrocious. You can't even conjugate common words. 'theyres' is not a word, and you used it twice. 'exceptable' is not a word. 'BARLY' is not a word. 'xanex' is not how you spell xannax. Seriously, ALL of the foreign players speak better English than you. It's embarrassing, really. You're the stereotypical, stupid American.

Now that I got that out of the way...

1. You didn't 'hold me off', in the Indian. I was waiting for my subs to arrive, before attacking you. I didn't think you even had any fleet left in the Indian. The spectators didn't know what the hell they were talking about. They also thought I was cheating, because I knew exactly what your dumb ass was gonna do... They thought we'd played many times before, but we haven't. I just know how simple-minded you are.

2. It was 34 points, but you were defeated much worse than that. They game was over early, and it would've been 80+ points if I didn't mess up my silo launch. ANY TIME YOU WANT A REMATCH, LET ME KNOW. I'll spank you good and proper next time.

3. You weren't 'just tryin to have fun'. You said at the end that you were hoping to beat me, so you could 'post it up.' Just like you did with this thread. You're on a mission to prove what a great player you are, but you're not. You had, quite possibly, the worst record in the 2v2 ladder.(5-16) You just think you're some hot shit now that you're FINALLY winning a few friendly games. Congratulations.
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Tue May 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Once again Im just trying to have fun dickhead and Like Ive said and I know youve seen me say it Im in the process of teaching my 4 and 5 year old sons how to write in 2 diffrent languages i just learned and their school is teaching them how to write english so fuck off about the speling .

your a dick that always talks shit about people when theyre just trying to add some exceitement to their day .I am in the process of learning and enjoying the new skill i advance every day .YOU on the other hand are a verry hateful and discourageing person and are part of the reason people arnt playing as mutch any more because you beat on ppl and talk shit. then say ha ha instead of teaching somone who wants to play and compete you make it seem impossable .when I win I ask the people I whooped if they want to learn sync launch and navy tactics to get them started .

Look all Im saying is stop being a dick and make the game enjoyable and teach somone somthing they didnt know so we can create more compeditors instead of lobby waiting as mutch as we play and yes i will see you tonight I live in detroit your close you said 430 i think it was 430 here too we can do it ill see you tonight and good luck fuckface :)

12:00

and I cant find the recording to the game or id post it i setscore but cant find it :(
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue May 12, 2009 11:06 pm

Thank you for attempting to use proper grammar. There are still many mistakes, but it's not quite so painful to read. If you were born and raised in Detroit, I can understand why you have such a poor education. The city is a giant shit hole. I've never seen so many abandoned buildings, and schools; outside of a 3rd world country. I truly feel sorry for anyone that had to grow up there.

Clearly, you understand the importance, and power, of language. However, no educated person is gonna take you seriously, if you write like that. Learning 3 languages is worthless, if you sound like an ignorant fool in all three. You should master English first, so you have a good base language to compare with the others. How are you gonna learn to conjugate verbs in a foreign language if you can't even do it in English? How are you gonna learn to arrange clauses differently, if you can't even do it the right way, in your first language?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As much as I'd like to take credit for it, I am not the reason this game's popularity has declined. It's quite natural for people to get bored with a game and move on to other things. You will also find 'shit-talkers' in every online multi-player game. It hasn't stopped anyone from playing Halo or Call of Duty or WoW or any other popular game.

As for teaching people how to play this game; I do it on my own terms, in my own way. I've found that trying to teach stupid people how to play, is futile. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Strategy is an art. There isn't 1 right answer for every situation. You've gotta watch your recordings, and ask yourself 'WHY?' Why did they do that? What's the logic behind it?

Eventually, I will write a tutorial on some aspect of the game. I started outlining a comprehensive guide on Silos, but it's turning out to be much longer, and complicated, than I originally surmised. Like I said, there isn't 1 right answer, for every situation.
Last edited by Why? on Tue May 12, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue May 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Why? wrote:Thank you for attempting to use proper grammar. There are still many mistakes, but it's not quite so painful to read. If you were born and raised in Detroit, I can understand why you have such a poor education. The city is a giant shit hole. I've never seen so many abandoned buildings, and schools; outside of a 3rd world country. I truly feel sorry for anyone that had to grow up there.

I laugh at most of your stuff Why?, but I seriously suggest revisiting your comments about Detroit. I was born there, and though it might have some poor neighborhoods, I have seen much worse in the North East and abroad. Its time to take it down a notch eh?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue May 12, 2009 11:16 pm

Why? wrote:Eventually, I will write a tutorial on some aspect of the game. I started outlining a comprehensive guide on Silos, but it's turning out to be much longer, and complicated, than I originally surmised. Like I said, there isn't 1 right answer, for every situation.

This is exactly why I never wrote anything. It always grew exponentially every time I started. :shock:
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue May 12, 2009 11:29 pm

I'm sorry to offend you sfericz, but I still think Detroit is a shit hole. Highest national murder/crime rate, every year. Poorest education system, of any major city in America. Hell, they closed half the public schools, because of a lack of funds. There are literally THOUSANDS of abandoned, burned-out buildings. The industrial barons bled Detroit dry and now they're gonna skip town. It's really sad, to be honest.

I'm sure it holds a warm place in your heart, but I'm not making this stuff up. Am I?

To be fair, I was born in shit hole, too. Norfolk, VA. They've also seen some of the highest murder rates in the country and the military industry has been in a sad state for as long as I can remember.

Return to “General”