Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

[1v1 Ladder S3] General: Season 3 Ends July 3rd

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:23 am

Ok gentleman (and lady?)...

**You must post in this thread or PM me to be a part of Season 3**

Players List

Sign-ups are still open for Season III, which has started May 1st, 2009. With that said, if you want to flex your muscle, improve your overall skill, or just have a grand old time against real challengers, then post below. Stats will be kept for Season III and sfcon2v2.com has real time rankings (assuming you remember to /setscore ~ /signscore).

Season III is an open 1v1 ladder. A pseudo "king of the hill" with a few rules to allow you to play anybody around while keeping players from stat padding and playing against only a select few. Those with ratings from the 2v2 will continue in that rating. The exact rules have not been decided upon and the Season will most likely not be 12 weeks as before (shorter).

Rules: Not Finalized

Scoring

Code: Select all

Default   Random
Win:    1        1.5
Loss:  -1         -1

Scheduling

There will be no enforced schedule between players. Please use the challenge thread or wait on the prematch server for an opponent. You may schedule games privately (pm, email, IRC, etc), but those are player enforced and no penalty will be given for not showing up.

You may play any other registered player at any time any number of times with the following *conditions:

1. You must play 65% of the active field at least twice. This should allow enough flexibility for those in out of sync timezones (e.g. Aust, NZ). Example, if 30 players sign up, you'd need to eventually play 19 of them, assuming all 30 are actively participating.
  2. You can not exceed playing twice the average of normal vs. against any single player. Example, if (MOR) plays each person in the field an average of 10 times, (MOR) vs White Rabbit 21 times would not be allowed. This rule is to prevent false stat/rating inflation.

*These are placeholder conditions for now, will probably be revised once input is received (from you) and the stat sheet is configured for 1v1 (which means I can test the data).

Technical Difficulties/Drops

Pause is allowed. Please use with discretion. Since you are playing with a partner, pausing at the start should not be done for "planning" purposes. Pausing should be reserved for players reconnecting or small unavoidable interruptions/emergencies. Where possible, please give a public request before pausing.

Drops before Defcon 3 require a restart except where the player that dropped is fine with continuing. Continuing the game where drops occur after Defcon 3 are up to the remaining player. Please make sure your connection is stable. Please use good sportsmanship.

Please use "/include noscore" (if sfericz has it programmed??) for games that are started and then voided. This way ranks are not affected.

Using an Alias
As of Monday, May 4th, 7:00 pm GMT, the use of an Alias is not allowed. You must use the name you registered under or a known in-game name. For example, home in alaska is known in-game as Edward, ynbniar as Domino. Random aliases and other players names are off-limits. There is no reason to hide your identity. There are non ladder servers for that.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 36 times in total.
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:29 am

/me steals (MOR)'s "in" statement

Cats no less liquid than their shadows
Offer no angles to the wind.
They slip, diminished, neat through loopholes
Less than themselves; will not be pinned

To rules or routes for journeys; counter
Attack with non-resistance; twist
Enticing through the curving fingers
And leave an angered empty fist.

They wait obsequious as darkness
Quick to retire, quick to return;
Admit no aim or ethics; flatter
With reservations; will not learn

To answer to their names; are seldom
Truly owned till shot or skinned.
Cats no less liquid than their shadows
Offer no angles to the wind.

-- A. S. J. Tessimond
cza
level4
level4

Postby cza » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:31 am

Sounds good -- sign me up please.

I assume we're holding on to the ratings for simplicity's sake, but there really ought to be two different ratings, since 2v2 and 1v1 are different animals. Kind of like the chess world, which has blitz/quick and regular ratings. With no Battletron propping me up, I'm probably 200 points overrated right now!
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:33 am

cza wrote:I assume we're holding on to the ratings for simplicity's sake, but there really ought to be two different ratings, since 2v2 and 1v1 are different animals.

There will only be 1v1 this season. Only the off season has the different game mode options. (Unless I mistook Ace Rimmer's plan.)

[edit] But sorta off topic, I've found some dedcon options in the rating.py script that might allow team rating. I will have to research more to find out.
[edit2] Also, again offtopic, When season 3 does start, any SFCON server will be interchangeable to the 1v1 Ladder settings. By using the tour account method (/include ladder)
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:39 am

im in
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:41 am

rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:22 am

In and going to win :D
ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Yes I am in and promise to play this time...I can't promise to be any good though :wink:

Think of me as a potential banana skin...
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:16 pm

rus|Mike wrote:In and going to win :D

Haha, not now..

Thanks to sign me up if possible.
Mogwai
level2
level2

Postby Mogwai » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:25 pm

I'm in.
Mrmot
level4
level4

Postby Mrmot » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Mogwai wrote:I'm in.

Me too.
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:05 pm

I have added some preliminary rules. Remember, this is an open 1v1 and everybody will start out with the same rating (perhaps in different classes based on Season 2). That is 1v1 ratings and 2v2 will be distinct.

Because it's open, it should be free of scheduling problems. In effect, you should be able to just start up Defcon, join the prematch server and then start a game with somebody already there (using a non-prematch 1v1 dedcon). Since there were three games a day averaged for twelve weeks last season, we could potentially have six 1v1's a day. In theory anyway. At most, a simple S3 1v1 Challenge thread post should be enough to pull an opponent out of the woodwork.
Nightwatch
level5
level5

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:17 pm

when will the Season start?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:21 pm

I am not entirely sure. There are a couple of factors to consider:

1. How quickly the sign-ups increase.
2. How much people take advantage of the current off season.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
MikeTheWookiee
level4
level4

Postby MikeTheWookiee » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:52 pm

All right, I'll go for it. I was getting half decent at this defcon lark by the end of the season. People need cheering up! And playing me is what'll do it to them!

Return to “General”