Self Confession

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
- Tobias -
level3
level3
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:22 am

Self Confession

Postby - Tobias - » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:37 pm

So my guilt has grown so intense that I must now confess. Here's the story:

A day or so ago I was playng a "friendly" 2v2. It was me (NA) and my ally (SA) versus EU and Asia.

An obvious strategy in this situation is to have both NA and SA double-team EU. So I offered this strategy to my partner, who, as I recall, only half-heartedly accepted it. No problem. Perhaps he has something better in mind.

In any case. long story short, after I've exhausted my fleet clearing the Atlantic, I have all twelve carriers but no battleships. So, I ask my partner, who has six battleships sitting off northeast SA (which never engaged) to bring them up to cover my carriers so that I can scout EU. The battleships don't move. Later, I ask that they come up to cover my carriers so that I can send bombers to EU. They don't move. So, no scouting of EU silos and my entire carrier-based bomb run on EU is decimated. But hey, he's still got his six battleships sitting off northeast SA. We won, but I'm so pissed he left me hanging out to dry in Atlantic that I nuke his silos. OK, I feel better now and am prepared to endure the wrath of sfericz.
User avatar
Mrmot
level4
level4
Posts: 900
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:56 pm
Location: Bosnia and Herzegovina

Postby Mrmot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:20 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Well done.
User avatar
Nightwatch
level5
level5
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Nightwatch » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Dont you dare pulling that one at me :lol:
Leonid Brezhnev
level2
level2
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Somewhere in North America

Postby Leonid Brezhnev » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:42 pm

Hey here's one for ya, My partner quit because he got angry with our opponents for constantly hollering, "SPEED, Speed, speed during the game.

Must be a new strategy, nag your enemy until they leave.
Blackbeard
level4
level4
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm

Postby Blackbeard » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:Hey here's one for ya, My partner quit because he got angry with our opponents for constantly hollering, "SPEED, Speed, speed during the game.

Must be a new strategy, nag your enemy until they leave.


I hope you told him what a spineless weed he was next time you saw him :) . Fancy someone quiting just because a couple of noobs (no doubt) are telling him to speed up :roll: .
User avatar
Nightwatch
level5
level5
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:01 am

It only gets worse when the noob wipes you off the map.
:P
Leonid Brezhnev
level2
level2
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Somewhere in North America

Postby Leonid Brezhnev » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:06 pm

You still don't get it do ya dumbass, Blacky left the game because you kept crying about speed. When Zorotama's subs surfaced they were within range of 8 armed bombers set to srbm if he had continued the game the subs were dead along with everything in SA. And yet you claim a victory and throw in the comment "No Resistance" Not to mention there were 42 nukes in siloes, at the time and 39 left in his subs.

You are just too fucking dumb to know what really happened.
User avatar
Nightwatch
level5
level5
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:58 pm

First, there is a command called "/ignore"
If Blackbearsd couldnt handle some requests to speed up (i made them cause i had a warcup game with radiate shortly later) he could have used that one.
Leaving the computer is just :roll:

Second, yes i claim victory. Why?
You only had 5.2 million survivors. There was a 169 point gap between us.
Dont try to tell me you would have won this with a decent silo launch.
Its true, i had no silos left and 44 million for the taking. But even if you kill 99% of my population Zorotama had 17 million survivors as well.
There was absoluteley no way you could have won.

Third, forget aboput subs, take a look on the screenshot. I had 9 carriers and 6 Battleships between Blackies subs and my population.
No way you would be able to fire more than one round.
And even if that would have happened, see above.

Fourth, if you are to stupid to come up with a decent strategy and handing me NA without any resistance at all, dont complain if you lose.
We won the game not because Blacky couldnt handle the fact that his setup was dump but due to the fact that we came up with the idea of sending some of EUs naval assets in the indian to nuke you.
Zorotama played a great game - he did way more than i did in that one - and that strategic deployment worked perfect.
Try to come up with like that the next time.
Leonid Brezhnev
level2
level2
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Somewhere in North America

Postby Leonid Brezhnev » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:23 pm

U r right, Zorotama played a great game as did you, I thight my game was played well with admitted flaws. However I am nt happy with the outcome that came when someone did not finish the game. you beat nothing.

And as for your Warcup game, you were involved in a ladder game, and I consider it rude to harass people for speed in such a game beyond perhaps a simple reminder. This is comparable to cheating.
User avatar
rus|Mike
level5
level5
Posts: 2750
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Russia, St. Petersburg

Postby rus|Mike » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:27 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote: I consider it rude to harass people for speed in such a game beyond perhaps a simple reminder. This is comparable to cheating.

Don't like it- don't listen.
User avatar
Nightwatch
level5
level5
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:U r right, Zorotama played a great game as did you, I thight my game was played well with admitted flaws. However I am nt happy with the outcome that came when someone did not finish the game. you beat nothing.

Sure i did. I do not know when Blacky left the PC but the game was won by then. I was able to nuke all of NA wihtout resistance and Zoro overpowered you. Even if MOR had played Blackies part, we would still have won.

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:And as for your Warcup game, you were involved in a ladder game, and I consider it rude to harass people for speed in such a game beyond perhaps a simple reminder. This is comparable to cheating.
No its not. Asking for speed a couple of times is exactly nothing. If you dont like it, say stfu Nighty have work to do and thats it.
Its very funny to leave the PC cause someone is asking for speed. And to be honest, i dont buy this at all.
Blacky probably played more Defcon Games than myself and - while i have to admit i dont like speed - suddenly he cant stand some SPEED!!"111!! calls, yeah sure.
Leonid Brezhnev
level2
level2
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:32 am
Location: Somewhere in North America

Postby Leonid Brezhnev » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:41 pm

Well I'm not defending his departure but win honorably and not gloat about when it's bullshit.
Blackbeard
level4
level4
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:05 pm

Postby Blackbeard » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm

I'm staying well out of this one :shock: ...erm :)
User avatar
Nightwatch
level5
level5
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:28 pm

Leonid Brezhnev wrote:Well I'm not defending his departure but win honorably and not gloat about when it's bullshit.

Gloat? I didnt gloat.
I postet the game, thats it. It is not that sepcial to win against Blacky.
:P

Blackbeard wrote:I'm staying well out of this one ...erm

:(
iRadiated
level2
level2
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:41 am
Location: UK

Postby iRadiated » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:25 pm

I think Brezhnev needs Why? to help him out here.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests