DEFCON WarCup 1vs1 ::Victory Screen Shots::

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

StifflerStyle
level2
level2

Postby StifflerStyle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:03 pm

rus|Mike wrote:rus|Mike 127:40 World Idiot

Can anyone tell me how the hell you are supposed to win if you are europe and your opponent is Africa, there is just no way if africa is even only a reasonable player.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:07 pm

StifflerStyle wrote:Can anyone tell me how the hell you are supposed to win if you are europe and your opponent is Africa.

By scoring more than Africa? :roll: Actually this setup is far far less terrible than Asia vs Russia.

Remember 3 easy steps:
1) Kill enemy fleet.
2) Scout enemy silos.
3) Nuke enemy silos and cities.
;)
StifflerStyle
level2
level2

Postby StifflerStyle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:22 pm

rus|Mike wrote:By scoring more than Africa?
;)

Africa can score more easily, meanwhile europe cant' afford to lose nukes whilst africa can.
You have to be bloody brilliant at navy, and in a1v1 tourny everybody is brilliant so europe loses.
world idiot
level4
level4

Postby world idiot » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:23 pm

depends on the opponent. If it's someone as skilled as rus|mike, then ur gonna get raped. I was lucky i kept my score in positive numbers, because rus|mike, knowing he had already won decided not to take my silos when they launched (that and his subs were already gone) allowing me to steal 40m kills.

eu vs africa is better than russia vs asia. Simply because eu has a chance of winning the critical naval encounter If eu can win (or at least retain a naval defence force in) the naval battle before africa has scouted silos, airbases, etc then eu has a chance. However if africa holds the naval frontline AND scouts, then it can take out vast amounts of enemy placements at the beggining of defcon 1 with some careful, (MOR)-like subs, or if africa has not scouted get so far ahead early on that eu is almost out of the game (as eu has a tough time placing silos in any defensively feasable formation against africa).

Simply put eu has to win the navy, or be able to halt an early sub attack. How, I'll leave up to you. I tried to flank rus|mike with bombers (i was attempting this poorly in the game) while advancing across the side closest to america with battleships, and micromanaging fighters across the central field. YOU MUST KEEP THE BOMBERS BEHIND BATTLESHIP LINES WITH FIGHTER COVER (my mistake), so advance the battleships on the flank too. Use airbase bombers from iceland or something. Then squeeze them against your coast, forcing them to draw out back towards the south atlantic, where there is a small chokepoint. From there it's cat and mouse, depending on how much you took out with the flanking. Remember the early objective is to postpone a sub launch from behind the battlefield

Then scout out africas placements and bomb them with carriers, and subs, before using lots and lots of repeat bomber strikes (both from sea and land to the north).

but yh, with everyone in the tourney (except me) being so good at navy both tactics and strategy, I wasn't gonna pull it off. I'd like to see what use the strategy is with proper tactics to go with it.

However russia vs asia is damn near impossible. Russia won't even be able to touch asias navy before defcon 1 (search star of india, read about the navy associated with that), and russia cannot place silos to be in any defensive position. If the enemy is using the star, u are probably fucked, unless you nuke india ridiculously early and conserve lots of naval units for later strikes on the far east. Asia will probably rack up 95m+ kills, so russia has to attack quickly and decisively against india, and use it's silos and airbases early before they die. Expect aggression over land, and a stalling naval defense (to allow for quick strikes from carriers and subs from indian ocean) and don't plan on trying to stop them doing their thing, instead work your thing around theirs.

TBH rus|mike those three easy steps applies to most 1v1 encounters (except asia vs russia when the star is concerned)

That's my (probably dodgy and stolen, maybe from drug dealing) 2 cents, ready to be picked apart.

We need a rolling smiley. :|

almost forgot th[i] :twisted:
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:57 pm

(MOR) vs rus|Mike
    Sun April"26 @ 3:30 pm GMT
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Mike is going to demonstrate his hate of bor by impersonating a CPU :lol:
DTNC Vicious
Site Admin

Postby DTNC Vicious » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:46 pm

StifflerStyle wrote:
rus|Mike wrote:rus|Mike 127:40 World Idiot

Can anyone tell me how the hell you are supposed to win if you are europe and your opponent is Africa, there is just no way if africa is even only a reasonable player.

When me and mike did our 1v1 I was eu and he was Russia , and that is a tough situation also because u as eu get scouted very quick, but hey he only bear me by a couple of points. But to answer your question u would have to achieve a naval victory and rush down to Africa I guess
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Vicious wrote:When me and mike did our 1v1 I had no brain and he had much!!1 and that is a tough situation also because u get scouted very quick if you do nothing to prevent it, and he beat me by a whole lot of points!! But to answer your question u would have to get brain somewhere, I guess

STOP_WHINNING.

Also not too bad played, mor :P Could've been much worse :P
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:43 pm

42"
DedCon.net

(MOR) 98 vs 48 rus|Mike

Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:50 pm

43"

RecordingThere

Eral vs Malefic

73 to 49

Last edited by Eral on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trickser
level5
level5

Postby trickser » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:53 pm

senator vs domino

ynbniar
level5
level5

Postby ynbniar » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 pm

senator beat me quite easily...you can only get so far sneaking around the map the way I've been doing lately...eventually you get found out and naval nuked to kingdom come :roll:

Still fun though despite all those bugs :wink:

Well played senator.
(MOR)
level5
level5

Postby (MOR) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Eral wrote:43"

RecordingThere

Eral vs Malefic

73 to 49

Haha with FRANCE flag

Your recording is here http://simamo.de/~dedcon/servers/Duel/2009/04/27/1800/recording_tournament1_Mon_Apr_27_18_00_01_UTC_2009.zip
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:52 pm

If i have done it with the original color of the match it woud have given the italian flag. And they still have our cup...

Thx for the recording ;)
nuclear cocaine
level4
level4

Postby nuclear cocaine » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:08 am

hey fellas im sorry i havnt been on in a while but ill have this week till i go back to work for 2 then im off for 1 so pm me or post here wen you wanna play once again im sorry .

Return to “General”