Radar Range / Radar Mod

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:58 am

mvpe, I challenged you a couple weeks ago; don't you remember? I joined a 1v1 server that you were sitting on and I had my ready button on for 5 minutes, but you insisted that we go wait on the ladder server, for a game that never came. (chicken) You gave up waiting after 10 minutes and disappeared. Only to join 15 minutes later, pretending to be MOR.

Whenever you're ready, gimme the time, and I'll be there. (bok-bok) Anyways...Maybe your setups, these past two games, were really GENIUS! Maybe someone else fucked up and landed you the two worst scores, so far this season! Here's my analysis on the 2nd set up, but please feel free to correct me!!

At the beginning of the game, mvpe had the right idea... he said to MOR, 'tell me the plan'. MOR told him, 'the Atlantic silo nukes from Africa and Asia, will go through Greenland, so put your silos in Canada.'[in the path to the cities] MOR also told mvpe that he was gonna put his silos in Kamatchka, so any nukes coming over the pacific would get shot down by MOR's silos... west coast USA was safe from silo fire. MOR was giving up his population, but they would save the US pop. This was the plan, and a very good one.

However, MVPE acted like he was too dumb to understand what MOR was talking about, and insisted he draw mvpe's silos in whiteboard. MOR did so, but mvpe claims he couldn't see it. So what does mvpe come up with? This dumb shit.

I see only two silos in Canada, and just barely!

Defense:
The 2-line/6-pack formation, and most of it's variations, are stronger from the sides, and more vulnerable from the ends. (Same concept as a single line of silos, but stronger) The position, and angle, of this set-up appears to be defending nukes coming from the carribean and south atlantic region, but it wouldn't even do that well, b/c his radars are so far away from the silos that they'd easily be scouted and taken...just like the silos. Perhaps it could also cover for nukes coming from the northwest, but it's too low and MOR already has that covered for him.

The angle(end pointing to the NE, with loosened silos in the top row, as well) and position (too low to effectively stop anything coming from above) make it incredibly vulnerable to nukes coming from the NE, where most of the traffic would definitely be! It doesn't protect the cities from silo nukes, and the silos are vulnerable.

SO WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!? GENIUS? It looks dumb as hell to me.... I can't even think of 1 set-up where it would work well in. Looks like someone who thinks they know how to play, cause they copied a couple moves, but they really don't. Or someone being REALLY lazy.

Attack:
It's not a terrible attack angle, if that's what you were going for, but it's not good either. You want overlaping nukes... less horizontal, and more vertical, (and tight of course.. which yours aren't.). Also, you don't want your silos so close to the coast... Maybe if you went with the tight slant and put it in canada, you would have something goingfor you. Instead you made a broken line that was tryin to be a crescent.

Grade:
D- Kinda knows what to do, but doesn't understand the logic behind it.

And, yes, that IS all that's left of mvpe's navy. There were only 2-3 more ships left, 30min before that. He also lost all of his airbase bombers as fast as he possibly could. THEN, he waited till like 2:15 to try and launch silos. IDIOT. When you feel your navy has lost, you better launch before the enemy gets set-up and SAVE ENOUGH BOMBERS to cover for subs. IDIOT.

Definite credit to Edward, tho! He's a beast, and he's been kickin serious ass lately. EVERYBODY WATCH OUT!
Last edited by Why? on Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:05 am

You're drunk again.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 am

haha

yeah, I drank 4 good beers pretty fast.... and that's some good herb next to me.

I'll still beat mvpe. 8)
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:54 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Yeah, that's why I only ever see you beating up on [DEMO] NOOBS, in the serverlogs... Cause you're a grandmaster and they're worthy challengers to your throne of shite.

Return to “General”