43%
Four Teams
54%

Total votes: 28
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Because I really think four teams would be better and we have enough players. However, if the vote goes to three teams, Team C will be split amongst the other teams (A,B,D).

Edit: This means nobody from A, B, or D would move, they would just have new teammates. For clarification's sake.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:09 pm

If we have two teams there should be some sort of limit to how many times a player can play consecutevily, to make sure everyone gets to play some games. Also I kinda like the way games were arranged on the forum last season, they were not that regular, there was a bit of post and hope someone shows up to it.

Overall, too much hassle to have just two teams, and it becomes less personalised. I vote 4 teams.
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:10 pm

I voted 4 teams
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:18 am

If we cut down too three teams and If we get even more new players after the Ladder starts, will another team be added to compensate?
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:44 am

Probably not as switching players midstream would be a lot of trouble.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
sfericz
level5
level5

Postby sfericz » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:49 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:Probably not as switching players midstream would be a lot of trouble.

With that being said I voted four teams.

With the amount of players we have now, then the amount that will most likely sign-up during this season. Three teams will be overloaded and a lot of the problems mentioned about just having two teams will come into play with three.

The only worry I have is Team C being the less experienced. Do you think we could add the next experienced or elite player to that team?

I know its a pain having to handle all of these request to even the teams. But I think this is the only time where I find it worth bringing up.
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:44 am

i voted 3, but I suggested four teams in another thread for discussion, three probably makes more sense
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 am

Forgot to mention, I voted for 4.
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:11 am

sfericz wrote:
Ace Rimmer wrote:Probably not as switching players midstream would be a lot of trouble.

With the amount of players we have now, then the amount that will most likely sign-up during this season. Three teams will be overloaded and a lot of the problems mentioned about just having two teams will come into play with three.

The only worry I have is Team C being the less experienced. Do you think we could add the next experienced or elite player to that team?

I know its a pain having to handle all of these request to even the teams. But I think this is the only time where I find it worth bringing up.

I'll go to team c
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:14 am

[SS]V 1 C 1 0 U S wrote:
sfericz wrote:

I'll go to team c

Vic your neither experienced or elite! :twisted:
level4
level4

Postby 47 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:12 am

Vic your neither experienced or elite!

which category do i fall in??? i guess experienced noob...i think 4 wil lbe fine but i would ask that we should have 2 ladder servers...we are expecting more games this season and on the wekend i guess there were a good number of games..i remeber 3 games on saturday..so if we get this frequency then at least on weekend i think we should have 2 server..more players will try to play on weekend so we can hve two parallel games at the same time
NZ ARMY
level2
level2

Postby NZ ARMY » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:39 am

Four teams please.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:57 am

While 4 teams would be ideal, I voted for 3 only because I am uncertain that enough people will be showing up to get games off without waiting too long.

Here's an idea: While games can go off at any time, I suggest that ladder players interested in playing should look for games to go off "on the hour." That way, if everybody rallies around the hours, you get a better chance of finding people then. Just thinking that an informal schedule of sorts might spur activity.
wesgould
level2
level2

ladder

Postby wesgould » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:31 am

I think the teams are stacked a little interestingly ace..
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 am

I'm only writing this because I have too.

Return to “General”