Submit your best Defcon Screenshot here

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:13 am

AIRburst95 wrote:
kudayta wrote:BGP cheating again. The recording clearly shows you using the same IP and the keyIDs 436060 and 439431.

http://www.akegroup.org/defcon/recordin ... 5-42.dcrec

I guess they even cheat bigger in Texas, huh BGP?

holy fuck how are you still on this?!

Because forum and server admins don't give a fuck I'm guessing.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:32 am

AIRburst95 wrote:
kudayta wrote:BGP cheating again. The recording clearly shows you using the same IP and the keyIDs 436060 and 439431.

Tenacity was a value in my home during my formative years.
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:36 am

kudayta wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

I assumed he was referring to BGP being allowed to continue cheating in games. Could be wrong though.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:40 am

TGR wrote:
kudayta wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

I assumed he was referring to BGP being allowed to continue cheating in games. Could be wrong though.

Oh. You could be right. I assumed he was talking about me since he quoted me.
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:42 am

kudayta wrote:
TGR wrote:
kudayta wrote:
AIRburst95 wrote:

Oh. You could be right. I assumed he was talking about me since he quoted me.

Meh, good work finding the game and proof he cheated anyway. Although at this point he is clearly flaunting it because there will be no repercussions.
keger
level1
level1

Postby keger » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:52 am

TGR wrote:at this point he is clearly flaunting it because there will be no repercussions.

Both keyIDs and his /24 IP range have been banned from all AKE Group servers.

I've been wanting to act for quite some time and was only waiting for a clear proof of cheating - this surely qualifies as one :D
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:54 am

keger wrote:
TGR wrote:at this point he is clearly flaunting it because there will be no repercussions.

I've been wanting to act for quite some time and was only waiting for a clear proof of cheating - this surely qualifies as one :D

Thanks be to you, Admin.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:10 am

TGR wrote:Meh, good work finding the game and proof he cheated anyway. Although at this point he is clearly flaunting it because there will be no repercussions.

Well, Bert banned him too, about a month ago. Thanks for your timely response keger.
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:12 am

kudayta wrote:
TGR wrote:Meh, good work finding the game and proof he cheated anyway. Although at this point he is clearly flaunting it because there will be no repercussions.

Well, Bert banned him too, about a month ago. Thanks for your timely response keger.

I don't understand why he was allowed back on the forum after being banned ...that made no sense to me.
kudayta
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby kudayta » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:40 am

TGR wrote:
kudayta wrote:

I don't understand why he was allowed back on the forum after being banned ...that made no sense to me.

See that's the thing, I'm not convinced that the account BGP was banned. xander made a good point in that his profile now says something like "User has not completed registration" vs what a banned user looks like "User has been banned".

Now of course, OpenFlow stated that BGP was banned, but are you gonna trust his word on anything?

(And I should clarify, Bert banned him from his game servers.)
Last edited by kudayta on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 am

kudayta wrote:
TGR wrote:
kudayta wrote:

See that's the thing, I'm not convinced that the account BGP was banned. xander made a good point in that his profile now says something like "User has not completed registration" vs what a banned user looks like "User has been banned".

Now of course, OpenFlow stated that BGP was banned, but are you gonna trust his word on anything?

Good point. Strange stuff. Surely multiple accounts would be a violation of board rules though?

Also, I am speccing that 2v2, just so you know.
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:34 pm

keger wrote:

Meh. It is not like cheating is illegal. And I can't get banned from the forums for cheating in a Defcon game. So the repercussions are limited in scope and domain, to say the least. How hard would it be for me to get a different IP and/or a different authkey and different username if I was sufficiently motivated to play again? I haven't even played a game in ages, and last night's diplo was my first and only in a long time. Besides, I finally found a way to SEE EVERYTHING on a map WITHOUT causing a sync issue in Defcon online play...(many, including Bert, had expressed in the past that this was not possible) so I will be playing with new toys (with our without ake/bert/etc servers) and there is always creative ways to have fun with the game .... plus I'm busy finishing up my Deterrence mod and tying it all together with the Cold War mod. Frankly, vanilla Defcon has gotten quick boring for me. I will openly admit I don't have the skills for micromanaging naval warfare and I don't ever care to do that kind of stuff, for me, the fun is elsewhere. If anyone wants to know how I got the show all map working without causing sync issue, send me PM ;)
Last edited by OpenFlow on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-----
The OpenFlow
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:36 pm

TGR wrote:
kudayta wrote:
TGR wrote:
kudayta wrote:

Good point. Strange stuff. Surely multiple accounts would be a violation of board rules though?

Also, I am speccing that 2v2, just so you know.

Right, like the "sourcecodedude" account that you sold me? Or the fact that Mark gave me svn access to OpenFlow account as well as let me keep the other one? Or the fact that Bert had on multiple accounts made reference to my "sockpuppet" account?
-----

The OpenFlow
TGR
level3
level3

Postby TGR » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Isn't it against the licence agreement to connect to an online game using a client built from source?
OpenFlow
level2
level2

Postby OpenFlow » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:19 pm

TGR wrote:Isn't it against the licence agreement to connect to an online game using a client built from source?

Who said I connected online to other players?

I'm making a LAN version so I can outcheat my friends on the network.... you never heard of hamachi and the likes? "online" doesn't have to be via the official servers.... it can also stand to mean LAN/network as well. Where in the license does it say I can't outcheat my friends?

BTW, for those interested, I will be uploading a proof of concept very soon (it will not be compatible with 1.6, so you can't use it to officially cheat)..
-----

The OpenFlow

Return to “General”