[2v2 Ladder S2] Season End: Roaring Success

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

User avatar
Gulidar
level4
level4
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Postby Gulidar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:17 pm

If I'm not mistaken spec chat is private for the 2v2 servers, therefore you can't change your name after the game starts.


Huh? Does private spec chat mean players - not specs - cant change their names after the game starts? I must have missed something.

Either way, the biggest problem I have with name changing is problems with people complaining about "cheating". .<..> I don't want to be your babysitter.


I just dont see the point. You are babysitting all those people who will cry about "cheating" even if it will be a part of rules? I repeat - this is the easieast way to make games more fair. Who will be opposing it? People who want to avoid certain people. There is no point in being agaisnt it if you are not one of them. What kind of strange "honour" does forbid people from absoulutely logical and reasonable desicions just because some crying looser will be complaining about "cheating"?

Hell, i just dont get your point about team aliases. While there are real troubles in scoring or table systems - you think it wont worth it, i think it will but its not my ladder :? - there is not even a single problem with team aliases. They were even used one time - remember a game with mysterious . and me vs mike and vicious? Everybody was happy so why should they be not if it will be used again? Because THIZ SOMEONE CAN BE MOR/Mojo/etc. GET IN THE CAR AND DONT PLAY THIS GAME?
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 pm

I don't remember ever saying you couldn't use an alias. What I've said is I won't (personally), I don't encourage it and therefore won't force anyone to, but you are free if you like.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
rus|Mike
level5
level5
Posts: 2750
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Russia, St. Petersburg

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:24 pm

In short, Gulidar wants pussy rules for making conditions for weak players comfortable thus creating the enviroment where they will remain weak forever. Buuueeeee.

What he doesn't understeand is that if I don't want to play MOR plus Mojo because I find no pleasure in it than nobody EVER will force me to do it.
User avatar
Gulidar
level4
level4
Posts: 500
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: Russia, Moscow
Contact:

Postby Gulidar » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 pm

rus|Mike wrote:In short, Gulidar wants pussy rules for making conditions for weak players comfortable thus creating the enviroment where they will remain weak forever. Buuueeeee.

What he doesn't understeand is that if I don't want to play MOR plus Mojo because I find no pleasure in it than nobody EVER will force me to do it.


1. Huh? You are making translations from my poor english to something else? So tell me, how the hell will things i suggest are "making conditions for weak players comfortable thus creating the enviroment where they will remain weak forever"? Point by point, please.

2. Well, what you dont understand is simple fact that in tournament games nobody cares about your pleasure. Tournaments are usually things that force people to play each other disregarding their personal feelings. Being so... anarhistic is cool for a some time, but it usually ends with 20 years border.
So in usual tournaments when someone doesnt want to play someone else he loses points. Quite logical, isnt it?
What is the death of one world in the cause of purity?
User avatar
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5
Posts: 10803
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:46 pm
Location: The Multiverse

Postby Ace Rimmer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:41 pm

This isn't a tournament. This is a pseudo 2v2 tourney/Ladder. The point of it is to get semi-organized games played with Defcon regulars in order to add fun and life to Defcon. As a bonus, there are prizes and the chance for weaker players to improve.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
User avatar
rus|Mike
level5
level5
Posts: 2750
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:52 pm
Location: Russia, St. Petersburg

Postby rus|Mike » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:49 pm

Gulidar wrote:Well, what you dont understand is simple fact that in tournament games nobody cares about your pleasure. Tournaments are usually things that force people to play each other disregarding their personal feelings.

What you and MOR don't understeand is that EVERYONE here playes for pleasure (except you two). If you want to "force" people do something, you will eventually find yourself alone and abandoned Defcon-vice (like happend to MOR+Mojo pair). Nobody here is going to be "forced" to do anything just because someone thought it's right.
User avatar
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:26 am
Location: GG NO RE

Postby Vicious » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:51 pm

What is this discussion about again
Why?
level5
level5
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Verona

Postby Why? » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:23 am

rus|Mike wrote:
Gulidar wrote:Well, what you dont understand is simple fact that in tournament games nobody cares about your pleasure. Tournaments are usually things that force people to play each other disregarding their personal feelings.

What you and MOR don't understeand is that EVERYONE here playes for pleasure (except you two). If you want to "force" people do something, you will eventually find yourself alone and abandoned Defcon-vice (like happend to MOR+Mojo pair). Nobody here is going to be "forced" to do anything just because someone thought it's right.


Agreed.

You're gonna find it hard to get matches with aliases. (How will you post on the forum, to let others know you're waiting? More aliases?) Most likely, you're gonna be the only ones with aliases. So everyone will know who you are, any-damn-way.

Tobias and Gulidar didn't even try to play the first time around, and now they wanna complicate things, just so the rest of us can accommodate THEM? Get the fuck outta here...

(Gulidar, I never saw you try to organize a match.. never posted your availability... never waited on servers, except to spectate... In fact, I've never seen you play as Gulidar. Don't try to blame that shit on BOR either... MOR was the only one team C had a problem with. )
Why?
level5
level5
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Verona

Postby Why? » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:16 am

There's an easy way to get at people who are avoiding you, too. Take one glove off your hand and slap the coward across the face with it. Then say, "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!" If he avoids you still, hound him about it every time you see him. Everyone will see him for the coward he is, and you've won without even playing. (SEE: Tobias)
User avatar
- Tobias -
level3
level3
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:22 am

Postby - Tobias - » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:37 am

Why? wrote:How will you post on the forum, to let others know you're waiting? More aliases?


"Player from Team AC is ready." (Don't just most ppl wait in the Lobby anyway?)

knave Why? wrote:Tobias and Gulidar didn't even try to play the first time around


Your continued spewing of bald lies is tiresome. Please recall: "False. The logs will show: 1) I partnered for entry when the proposed format was static 2v2 teams - format was changed (unilaterally it seemed to me), 2) even after the new format I pm'd Ace directly for entry and received no response ..." I sincerely request that everything you post from now on be accompanied by a link to some log documentation. Without such I can only consider it to be just more Why? bullshit unworthy of a response. (And, please take your off-topic King Tobias rants elewhere.)

Regarding the pertinent item at hand: it is abundantly clear that a contentious issue is the reluctance of some players to face the wrath of MOR (and, it seems, then making up a whole bunch of excuses as to why this is so while simultaneously standing in the way of adopting any solution that would overcome the stated objections to MOR's playing style). Fair solutions to the issue and the objections have been presented. Even so, some players would rather sacrifice tournament integrity to maintain their prerogative of not playing MOR (or whomever). Just so we're clear.

I will pay for participation in round 2 if required, but I do not support prize money for any "competitive" scam (er, scheme) that does not require players to face luck-of-the-draw opponents.

-- [AC] Tobias
User avatar
47
level4
level4
Posts: 718
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Postby 47 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:16 am

i have a real good suggetion..why dont u ppl start a new topic and disscuss all these things there and let this topic remain for ppl to sign up..this way it be easy to find out who is playing and who is not
Why?
level5
level5
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 pm
Location: Verona

Postby Why? » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:05 am

- Tobias - wrote:BLAH BLAH BLAH
-- [AC] Tobias


What you're proposing is a totally radical change in the ladder format. Ace deliberately designed it to be open like this, because it's easier to get games played; and it's been a great success.

As has been the case in past tournaments, making the format rigid ends up turning people off. Half way through it, there aren't even enough people left to finish. The schedule gets edited 20 times, until finally everyone stops caring... and no one's played the same schedule, because so many people dropped. (SEE: MOR's master tourney)


BTW, I'm not against playing MOR. We had a match started recently, but he had connection issues and there were issues with the server configs. I realize that my team helped make the first game so long, and I wouldn't have been so bored if I hadn't squandered my navy.
User avatar
Eral
level4
level4
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 pm
Location: east of Eyjafjallajokull

Postby Eral » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:18 am

I'm in please! Rules are fine. Not readed all for the moment. But it seems fair.

a)
[SS]V 1 C 1 0 U S wrote:What is this discussion about again


--> It's about how to find a good motto for the new 2vs2 ladder season...

b) Donations via paypal?

--> Why not, but before, we have to find the prizes for this season.
--> I always find better to give "objects" as prizes rather than money. As communists here said: Money is bad, it's evil.

c) Same numbers of match by personn is the better way to conduct this ladder.

EDIT: IMHO

If not we will have a Rus/mike + Ace Rimmer A team who will win without other players ;)... Why not to hide yourself before the game start. At the first second you have to reveal you. But i really think it's not necessary Gulidar. IF THERE IS A REGULAR NUMBER OF MATCHES BY POEPLES and not always the same couples. Even if I agree too with WHY? and the necessity to keep it "supple".

d) I have no problem with anyone here (i hope.. or what or i should maybe? :P ). So i can play with or against (MOR) etc...
--> :x

e)
47 wrote:i have a real good suggetion..why dont u ppl start a new topic and disscuss all these things there and let this topic remain for ppl to sign up..this way it be easy to find out who is playing and who is not

--> Hooooowwwwwoaaaa! What a lack of desire to be polemic and inorganized! I blame you ;)
NZ ARMY
level2
level2
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:35 am
Location: New Zealand

Postby NZ ARMY » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:34 am

No pictures of cats this time.

But I'm in anyway.
User avatar
Nightwatch
level5
level5
Posts: 1288
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:02 pm
Location: Germany

Postby Nightwatch » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 am

I absolutely hate this game mode, but what the hell.
I`m in.

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests