Season Two 2v2: Thread Closed

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:43 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 am

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Hell, there isnt even 30 players, thats the REAL problem why games dont get played, not enough players, no scheduled games, people refusing to play with some and refusing to play without others. You cant make another season with Ace+mike cause weve seen what you two are like, it cant be allowed to continue. Same thing with MOR and his team methods last season, but he says he wont join this season anyway. Most people just wanna play for fun, so lets keep it that way!

Anything Else
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 am

Well, Ace+rus|Mike is balanced out by the rest of the field, and there's 27 players, close enough to thirty for me. :P

Also, if you want to get hung up on Ace+rus|Mike just take a look at the stats I posted without the Captains Bonus, Team A would be further behind than two points. Therefore, I don't want to hear any more complaints about that. :wink: I believe the talent is spread out about as much as can be while retaining "friendly" teams. Ace/rus|Mike, BATTLETRON/Forrest Krunk, etc.

trickser wrote:Well, i would be pretty happy to be in the proposed team. But i would miss Eral (beaten MOR 2 times with him :P) The teams are a little small for now, I hope more people sign up.

You have to remember that I didn't add the new players (Tobias, Twister, etc) and there are four teams instead of three.

Edit: there are enough for 6.75 players per team, with four teams. If enough stay active, that's plenty.
Last edited by Ace Rimmer on Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast...
rus|Mike
level5
level5

Postby rus|Mike » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 am

Ace Rimmer wrote:and there's 27 players, close enough to thirty for me. :P

Well said, comrade Rimmer ;) :lol:
tllotpfkamvpe
level5
level5

Postby tllotpfkamvpe » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:49 am

Last edited by tllotpfkamvpe on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicious
Introversion Staff
Introversion Staff

Postby Vicious » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:51 am

Yeah ummm , I want to play double the games i played this season
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:52 am

That's great, if every person on each team plays at least at that level (mvpe's post), we'll get a good number of games played. We averaged just under three games a week (started high then slowly went down), so if we stay at that level or rise (due to more people being around at the same times) this Season should see some really great games getting played quite often. :D
Eral
level4
level4

Postby Eral » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 am

[SS]V 1 C 1 0 U S wrote:Yeah ummm , I want to play double the games i played this season

See the effetc of Ace or Senator's rules:

Ace'rules:
2x (Xx0) pts = 0 pts always....

but
Senator's rules:
2x [Xx(-4)] = -8X pts... for sure.

I want to play vs You, Ace. My computer doesn't agree.

Why? wrote:
That looks like a good plan!

I think you can make the timezone thing more flexible for people in the upper regions. The teams last season were just a little lopsided in that respect(C was mostly NA, B was mostly EU), so maybe the less-active players had scheduling problems.

1- Why? You sold your soul to Ace?
2- I was mostly tired for playing with you. (between 2:00 am and 5:00 am to have a chance to fight with my teammates...)
3- DON'T HEAR Ace or Rus/mike, Battletron/WHY?/Senator.... Look he's dividing all the best freindly team to reign without suffering contestations. Tyran must/will/have to/can/could/should.... die................!

tllotpfkamvpe wrote:Just a random draw, I am happy to write some names on pieces of paper and do it for you. :lol

Hates off

trickser wrote:
Well, i would be pretty happy to be in the proposed team. But i would miss Eral (beaten MOR 2 times with him ) The teams are a little small for now, I hope more people sign up.

I love you too Sen. I know you since you're little, very, like a cut pea. And i saw you growing and growing and growing up! But now you have to flight by yourself! BT and forrest and WUJ will miss me too. And (MOR), (MOR) where are you?
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Wouldn't you rather go back to three teams?

Postby - Tobias - » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm

If you're estimating ~30 total players and your stated objective is to maximize the total number of quality games played, remind me again of the reasoning for moving to four teams? It seems that you run the risk of an odd collection of players being available (e.g., 2A, 1B, 1C, 1D) yet unable to actually get a L/T game off. It would seem that the proven number of 3 teams might be best, especially given that attrition is known to occur.
Wasgood
level5
level5

Postby Wasgood » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 pm

Do I have to join a team or is that automatically assigned?
shak
level2
level2

Postby shak » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:20 pm

<----------------- GMT+1
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:20 pm

Wasgood wrote:Do I have to join a team or is that automatically assigned?

Well, we just need to see what time zone the players that haven't been assigned a team are in and then go from there.

So, what time zone are you in?

Tobias: The teams as stated are only my suggestions, although I feel pretty good about them. The reasons I went to four teams instead of three:

1. All of the players from the past season moving on were at least moderately active.
2. The time zones have been distributed.
3. I've looked at the distribution of games between them and it looks much better than season 1's arrangement.
4. I am hoping that when the new players are added, four teams will be able to stay active enough.
5. I have considered have a pre-season (probably a week) to get a feel for how well this new arrangement is going to work out.

Edit: What I predict will happen if the teams go forward as is: there will be less diversity with more games. That is, people will be able to play with certain others and against certain other more often, as opposed to a "luck of the draw" who's around match.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:03 pm

I hate to agree with Tobias, but I think he's right about 4 teams being too much. Also, teams C and D aren't looking so hot. We'll see how it works, tho.

If a dozen more people join, it'll prolly work..and we can suggest different rosters, instead of just crying about what has been proposed. (I'll draw up a few, if work's canceled today.)
Ace Rimmer
level5
level5

Postby Ace Rimmer » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:06 pm

How about this, once I get all the Time Zones from the other five players that haven't been assigned, I'll add them and we can have a week of pre-season games and see how well it works. Changes could be made towards the end of next week.

So there you have it: Official pre-season from Jan. 24th -Jan. 30th.

Teams for pre-season: (some to be added)

A
  1. Ace Rimmer
  2. V1C1OUS
  3. iRadiated
  4. Mr Krinkle
  5. Forever Young
  6. rus|Mike
B
  1. I am Legion
  2. Why?
  3. Senator
  4. Mrmot
  5. tllotpfkamvpe
  6. NZ Army
C
  1. BATTLETRON
  2. Forrest Krunk
  3. "47"
  4. Mogwai
  5. Gulidar
D
  1. Edward
  2. sfericz
  3. Eral
  4. Zorotama
  5. wu.j China

Nightwatch will probably be added to C or D, to even out the heavy hitters.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:24 pm

Eral wrote:
1- Why? You sold your soul to Ace?
2- I was mostly tired for playing with you. (between 2:00 am and 5:00 am to have a chance to fight with my teammates...)
3- DON'T HEAR Ace or Rus/mike, Battletron/WHY?/Senator.... Look he's dividing all the best freindly team to reign without suffering contestations. Tyran must/will/have to/can/could/should.... die................!

1- No, that would be impossible. I sold it to the devil a long time ago. lol
2- Yes, that's why I suggested using timezones, as a guideline, for dividing teams. However, with 4 teams, it's left only 2-3 people from each region, on the same team. Unless quite a few more people join, it might make things worse.
3- I think we're gonna have to live with Batman and Robin being on the same team, but I can see what you mean about many of the best duos being split up in the proposed rosters. That's why you should propose one yourself!

I've gotta go to work now, but I'll draw up some variations tonight.

Return to “General”