There can be only one - The Tobias Challenge (2008)

General discussion about Defcon

Moderator: Defcon moderators

bert_the_turtle
level5
level5

Postby bert_the_turtle » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:48 pm

No worries, the logs haven't been lost, they just need to be properly parsed. Which is happening right now.
Forrest Krunk
level3
level3

Postby Forrest Krunk » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:58 pm

- Tobias - wrote:Hmmm. We got very long knitting needles for you. Point is: the table is fuked.

I get the table is fucked, what i don't get is your creepy sexual inuendo... :shock:
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Forrest Krunk wrote: ... what i don't get is your creepy sexual inuendo... :shock:

LOL. I know Aunt Bee is sexy, but don't get carried away. "long knitting needles" relates to "dangerously breath-restrictive" scarfs our circle is capable of knitting. Creepy? Maybe. Sexual? No. LOL.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:52 pm

bert_the_turtle wrote:... the logs haven't been lost, they just need to be properly parsed.

I maintain certain games have indeed been lost. There is no way my victory over first ranked XTC does not move me up at all in the Demo rankings.

Until I am convinced the table(s) are reliable, this challenge is moot. Crappppppppppppppppp.
Why?
level5
level5

Postby Why? » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:21 am

I'm 7 in duel, 15 in demo, 8 in totally random, 20 in default, and 21 overall. How can I skew a point system to make it look like I'm the best overall, tho I can't achieve it in Bert's system? Help plz!

I know

WHY'S CHALLENGE:... all players with less than 34 games played disqualified as they're prolly aliases or don't care.... "Randomly" generated points awarded to duel and totally random fast, only./... winner is me so we don't even need to play. Prize is a fantastic wank to my defcon recordings.
- Tobias -
level3
level3

Postby - Tobias - » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:06 am

Why? wrote:I'm 7 in duel, 15 in demo, 8 in totally random, 20 in default, and 21 overall. How can I skew a point system to make it look like I'm the best overall, tho I can't achieve it in Bert's system? Help plz!

I have no idea what you are talking about. But as I've said, if you have a legitimate idea for a better system, suggest it.

Also, who plays Duels anyway? And, just so you know, if the Tobias Challenge were continued, Senator would seemingly be the new current leader, but since the game table rankings were mysteriously (:roll:) screwed up soon after I defeated the Demo leader and announced the challenge, I have deemed even these as unreliable measures of game-specific performance and have withdrawn this challenge.

I guess I must just continue to thump all-comers one at a time, and leave the laurels of victory to the day someone bothers to create a robust and reliable measurement system.

Return to “General”